• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dahbomb

Was her name Lucia? She was the DMC2 character right?

I know people hate DMC2, but how did they feel about her?

I personally want Trish to come back, but I'd accept Lady

We'll actually get
She's Lucia from DMC2, the second playable character in that game.

Her design is cool, I don't think I have heard anyone say bad about her design. Her personality, back story and character is just really bland but I chalk that up to DMC2.

She has a strange Devil Trigger in that when she transforms she resembles more like an Angel. She is more agility and close quarter based than Dante and uses stuff like daggers/bombs at long range.

Would be appropriate for a Marvel game of course as a rushdown character with some trickery and zoning toolset. Kinda like an Ibuki character with a DMC twist on her. She doesn't have teleports or Helm Breakers/Stingers so people wouldn't as salty.

Jawmuncher

The fact they farmed out 3 to Spark Unlimited after the first two were internally developed suggests to me they were just about ready to be done with the series, unless 3 somehow sold really well. I think one of the financial reports mentioned that 3 underperformed, so it's probably super dead.

This has me curious about Dead Rising 4. Since atm, things aren't sounding too hot for it.

remz

I hope Itsuno's game is Dragon's Dogma 2 or something new. Whenever he talks about DMC it's like he's worried about it getting tired, but with Dogma it seemed like there was plenty of room to make more games.

I think just Dad Dante would be plenty of DMC reprenstation. Generally my favourite mvc characters are the ones I don't see coming, so I hope capcom really goes to the IP Mines and digs up some suprise character nuggets rather than rehashes.

Sesha

This has me curious about Dead Rising 4. Since atm, things aren't sounding too hot for it.

Dead Rising might be safe if Microsoft provided funding, which would take some of the heat off. I'm sure they'll be thinking really hard about what direction to take the series further if sales end up worse than DR3.

Is there any substantial DLC confirmed? I can't remember if there is any.

Jawmuncher

Dead Rising might be safe if Microsoft provided funding, which would take some of the heat off. I'm sure they'll be thinking really hard about what direction to take the series further if sales end up worse than DR3.

Is there any substantial DLC confirmed? I can't remember if there is any.

Holiday Pack, Minigolf, and Overtime Mode. With the last being the only one of importance.

Sesha

Holiday Pack, Minigolf, and Overtime Mode. With the last being the only one of importance.

Seems meagre compared to SFV and RE7. Of course, those are bigger games. But Capcom is all about providing DLC long term in between sequels, with major titles every year in order to always have something out. I wonder if they have anything more planned for DR4 they haven't announced.

Jawmuncher

Seems meagre compared to SFV and RE7. Of course, those are bigger games. But Capcom is all about providing DLC long term in between sequels, with major titles every year in order to always have something out. I wonder if they have anything more planned for DR4 they haven't announced.
I could see some extra DLC hitting when it hits PS4. Much like we saw with tomb raider.

Her design is cool, I don't think I have heard anyone say bad about her design. Her personality, back story and character is just really bland but I chalk that up to DMC2.

She has a strange Devil Trigger in that when she transforms she resembles more like an Angel. She is more agility and close quarter based than Dante and uses stuff like daggers/bombs at long range.

Would be appropriate for a Marvel game of course as a rushdown character with some trickery and zoning toolset. Kinda like an Ibuki character with a DMC twist on her. She doesn't have teleports or Helm Breakers/Stingers so people wouldn't as salty.

her cartwheel kick (I think its a handspring actually...I think. I'm not a gymnast) is pretty cool, watching some footage of her in action. I could see her being a very cool acrobatic character. Haven't got to see her devil trigger in-game yet.

Veedot

It's a shame Dantes DMC2 design and Lucia are attached to DMC2. Lucia had a sweet design, I'd love for her to come back in any form.

I hate Udon Taskmaster, way too 'tacticool', but hey, no problems with it being in the game as long as his proper costume is in.

As Taskmaster himself said in a comic, "I know my cape isn't practical, but I love the way it looks."

Can't stand any capeless look for him.

Sometimes I wake up and I still can't believe a new MvC game is happening. After the last couple of hype trains I sort of gave up hope.

I doubt anything could let me down at this point, but I'd really like to see at least a few characters return from MvC3. If the roster is half-returning half-new, that'd be perfect. Even if none of the limited amount of characters I played made it back in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cant wait for the next gameplay reveal so we can stop all this hype from speculation and go back to shitting on no assists, 2v2, casual etc.

:3

I-hate-u

Yah seriously, give me Nero, Dante, and Vergil please (and Lady).

I would be okay with them cutting the girls and Vergil provided Nero is in. Despite much fewer weapons than Dante, he has so much potential with the Devil Bringer OTG/wall bounce, revving up red queen and charging up blue rose.

But it will never happen if Spencer is because of the Devil Bringer mechanics crossover.

Weiss

Banned
I mean, when you get down to it, tag-ins instead of assists just kind of cuts out the middle man, doesn't it?

You don't need Deadpool/Wesker/Haggar to exist solely for prolonging your combos. Now you do that manually.

And anything that kills shit like Hidden Missiles is fine by me.

Neoxon

I mean, when you get down to it, tag-ins instead of assists just kind of cuts out the middle man, doesn't it?

You don't need Deadpool/Wesker/Haggar to exist solely for prolonging your combos. Now you do that manually.

And anything that kills shit like Hidden Missiles is fine by me.
It's not like Hidden Missiles are gonna be in the game, anyway (at least in the base roster).

Neoxon

That was a really roundabout way to bring up the X-Men/FF thing again.
Though I feel like DLC is gonna cause PTSD for all of those who had to endure Hidden Missiles (myself included). Damn things blew my Wright to kingdom come.

They could create assist that don't prolong combos. I mean, I keep seeing people say assists were only made to extend combos but what about the other functions? Assists that help lockdowns, approach, zoning, mix-ups, etc. What happened to assists being seen as extensions of a character rather than combo extenders?

shaowebb

They could create assist that don't prolong combos. I mean, I keep seeing people say assists were only made to extend combos but what about the other functions? Assists that help lockdowns, approach, zoning, mix-ups, etc. What happened to assists being seen as extensions of a character rather than combo extenders?

That don't prolong combos? You'd have to add mad scaling to them on hit then making the usage of them mid combo or as a starter something that would significantly shorten the length of the combo before people could tech out of it. If this were the case folks would likely use setups more and fish for resets with assists rather than generalized extensions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is the primary concern, and I would say assists helping prolong combos was more of a thing in MvC3 than it was in any of the previous/other Vs. games.

This is a huge deal, and kind of what separated MvC from other team games.

Dahbomb

The good assists in Marvel 3 and in Marvel 2 were neutral assists not combo extenders. If you built your team around two OTG assists for combos then you team was bad. MOST of the neutral assists could be used for combos as well or other purposes (like mix ups) which was why they were strong.

So talking about assists in the limited scope of combos is a very narrow way of looking at assists. Sure with a tag combo system you do not need combo assists.. what about assists that cover super jump height, assists that are used as get off me, assists that cover the horizontal screen, assists that lock down or have other utility like meter/HP gain. These aren't things that a tag system can provide easily.

Jawmuncher

If only the leak talked about Gene being in MvC:I because God Hand 2 is in development. RIP Clover.

That's another series I think they'd just start over if they made a new game. The game didn't sell a lot in the first place, and it's been so long. That a numbered sequel probably wouldn't even be of interest to them.

J-Tier

With the Monsters Unleashed, Inhumans vs. X-Men and more comic arcs coming up, you guys think they'll draw any characters from that?

At least one Inhuman is a shoe-in.

Though the only ones who have any chance are probably as follows in order of chances:

Ms. Marvel
>
>
>
Black Bolt
>
>
Medusa
>
>
Quake
Karnak
Crystal
>
>
>
>
Lockjaw
Synapse

I don't think anyone else has a chance.

Gorgon could be cool since he's a horse-man, I wonder how he'd play

Of the Inhumans I'd only really like the 3 in the middle there (Karnak, Crystal, Quake) plus Gorgon.

No clue who the monsters are going to be in Monsters Unleashed but

latest

he'd be cool

Weiss

Banned
Ms. Marvel is a guarantee, and I don't think Black Bolt is impossible.

But, well, nobody cares about the Inhumans.

Harpoon

Monsters Unleashed is all about the giant monsters, not Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, or the like, so unless the game has giant characters, I don't think that'll tie in.

Neoxon

Ms. Marvel is a guarantee, and I don't think Black Bolt is impossible.

But, well, nobody cares about the Inhumans.
I do think we'll get Ms. Marvel & at least one of the Royal Family. I could also see us getting Quake thanks to SHIELD (having her voiced by Chloe Bennet would be a cool selling point for people who follow Agents of SHIELD).

I think we'll see a new DMC before then

people on other sites are linking Lupinko's tweets to Songbird. I wanna believe that's true, but I don't think he's hinting at anything.

Jawmuncher

I personally think Lupinko knows nothing.
With the amount he has posted, seems like he's going for the "a broken clock is right twice a day" route.

You mean I won't see more Elsa Bloodstone? :(
Weeell..
They did say everyone in the Marvel universe will be affected but that's probably just a hyperbolic statement. Probably means everyone that has a current series....

It would make sense for a monster hunter like Elsa to be involved though. And actual monsters like ManThing and the current(?) Howling Commandoes

Dahbomb

I personally think Lupinko knows nothing.
With the amount he has posted, seems like he's going for the "a broken clock is right twice a day" route.
I think he knows something.

He was tweeting out Jems again before Marvel Infinite and I didn't make much of it but them the Infinity gems were shown and I was like damn Lupinko tried to tell us again!

Neoxon

I think he knows something.

He was tweeting out Jems again before Marvel Infinite and I didn't make much of it but them the Infinity gems were shown and I was like damn Lupinko tried to tell us again!
But not everything he posts is a hint.

Dahbomb

They should save Dante for when they unveil DMC5. Double dip on the hype.

Though before characters they should unveil system mechanics and at least controls.

Jawmuncher

They should save Dante for when they unveil DMC5. Double dip on the hype.

Yep, i'm hoping they double dip with their announcements. Just means more hype for both.
RE7 is this month, an RE character reveal would be cool to see. Then like you said DMC or some other capcom game being announced, with a character from said game being announced for MVCI as well. The only issue would be incorporating the marvel reveal, if they keep the whole one per side thing going. But most of the time, marvel doesn't seem to care. Wesker was revealed with Spider-man at TGS, which for such a big character is odd.

Top Bottom