• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yep, i'm hoping they double dip with their announcements. Just means more hype for both.
RE7 is this month, an RE character reveal would be cool to see. Then like you said DMC or some other capcom game being announced, with a character from said game being announced for MVCI as well. The only issue would be incorporating the marvel reveal, if they keep the whole one per side thing going. But most of the time, marvel doesn't seem to care. Wesker was revealed with Spider-man at TGS, which for such a big character is odd.

It's not really odd. Spider-Man is really incredibly popular in Japan, like #1 superhero over there.

Yep, i'm hoping they double dip with their announcements. Just means more hype for both.
RE7 is this month, an RE character reveal would be cool to see. Then like you said DMC or some other capcom game being announced, with a character from said game being announced for MVCI as well. The only issue would be incorporating the marvel reveal, if they keep the whole one per side thing going. But most of the time, marvel doesn't seem to care. Wesker was revealed with Spider-man at TGS, which for such a big character is odd.

Marvel reveals could be tied into movie releases. I can easily see Rocket Raccoon being revealed around the time GotG2 comes out, Spider-Man for Homecoming, and Thor or Hulk for Thor 3. Dr. Strange perhaps revealed for the DVD release of his film. Dunno. I mean they can easily make it work that way too heh.
I also can see them saving some popular names for the big comic cons.

Beyond those though, I don't think it really matters much to Marvel in which order/pairing the characters get revealed.

It's not really odd. Spider-Man is really incredibly popular in Japan, like #1 superhero over there.

That as well. Spider-Man is much MUCH more popular outside of NA than any other superhero is. Even more than Batman or Superman.

Y'all forget about Spiderman with a super robot? That was my indication that Spiderman's Japan popularity was a cut above the rest.

I also remember Spiderman got revealed at TGS and I 'think' there was some fanfare.
She's going to be involved in the upcoming Monsters Unleashed along with Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and a few other heroes I don't remember.

:D

Sesha

Toei's Spider-Man series was also one of the earliest super sentai shows, and the first one to introduce the concept of a giant robot piloted by the heroes.

Its sad how weak Leopardon was written in Spider-verse. I still haven't got a chance to read all of it, but I did see the panels. All that buildup and hype and it gets torn up in one to two panels.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Toei's Spider-Man series was also one of the earliest super sentai shows, and the first one to introduce the concept of a giant robot piloted by the heroes.

He's basically responsible for Sentai and Kamen Rider, right?

Jawmuncher

Spider-Man should just be based off the Japanese version after looking more into it.

tumblr_o3uwgpbhvI1s9ec6no1_400.gif

I do know Miguel and Lady Spider fix it up again, but I don't think it becomes relevant and was just a way to get from 2099 to her dimension.

Also, I was pretty disappointed this guy made no appearance in Spider-verse to my knowledge even though he was in the teaser image
I'm not a fan of this Spider or anything but it would have been interesting to see what happens when a Ghost Rider gets involved fighting the inheritors.

After seeing that gif of the AntMan movie (at least I think I did?) I wonder how an AntMan stage would look

Neoxon

Hopefully if Nova's in MvCI that they do what they did with UMvC3. By that I mean make Richard Rider the default Nova, & Sam Alexander the alternate costume. Hell, throw Sam fans a bone & give him a unique voice.

1uaY8jC.png

Sesha

All those people... I... epic fail...

He's basically responsible for Sentai and Kamen Rider, right?

Both Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and Kamen Rider predate Toei Spider-Man by a few years. Three and seven years, respectively. But overall Spider-Man was one of the earliest shows. I don't know much about Super Sentai stuff, but I think Spider-Man's popularity helped propel the genre to what it is today.

Platy

Both Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and Kamen Rider predate Toei Spider-Man by a few years. Three and seven years, respectively. But overall Spider-Man was one of the earliest shows. I don't know much about Super Sentai stuff, but I think Spider-Man's popularity helped propel the genre to what it is today.

It helped settle some cliches from sentai stuff like giant robots

What are the chances I can get ANY context for this?

I can't even fathom this gif, dudes

I don't know if I'm right since I haven't seen the origin show/episode, however, my guess would be that he's looking for some underground tunnel/pipe system by trying to find out which spot he's knocking on sounds hollow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Need... reveals... need... gameplay.

Combofiendpls.

Pls Combo.

Pls.

You can't really have SamNova be a alternate costume with voice over of RichNova, since one's a kid and the other is an adult. They have to be different sizes by default, which means different ranges and thus they wouldn't be the exact same character. At best, you'll get them with swapped costumes, like we had in UMvC3, which its adult Nova wearing kid Nova's costume, but it still being Rich's voice. Or vice versa with Sam wearing the classic costume, if he's the default character.

Real talk, let them take the MRS approach and don't reveal jackshit till 3 months before release.

Real real talk give us something Capcom.

Weiss

Banned
I am honestly a little concerned by how... unglamorous the reveal trailer was. I kinda felt I was watching the unveiling of a mobile game.

Hopefully some actual footage will change that.

Actually, didn't vanilla mvc3 have a cover story on Game Informer back in the day? I remember they put their own wishlist which included Phoenix Wright, Vergil and Wesker(those naive bastards).

Actually, didn't vanilla mvc3 have a cover story on Game Informer back in the day? I remember they put their own wishlist which included Phoenix Wright, Vergil and Wesker(those naive bastards).

Game Informer had a big article on it the month after the reveal I believe, and may have been the official reveal for Cap and Felicia, though mostly everyone knew about them being in due to the silhouettes.

Street Fighter 5 was revealed in December and we didn't get a character trailer for Nash until the end of February, and then things went quiet for awhile again until the end of May with a Bison trailer. It wasn't until after E3 we had monthly trailers for SF5.

MvC:I is suppose to come out this year so I hope they aren't quiet all the way until E3.

NotLiquid

Street Fighter 5 was revealed in December and we didn't get a character trailer for Nash until the end of February, and then things went quiet for awhile again until the end of May with a Bison trailer. It wasn't until after E3 we had monthly trailers for SF5.

MvC:I is suppose to come out this year so I hope they aren't quiet all the way until E3.

To be fair SFV had only 16 characters to show within the timespan of a year and two months. MvCI will probably have twice the amount of that and it's most likely coming out around October.

MvC:I will most likely have a larger roster too so I doubt that they'd go that route, unless they're gonna continue with the whole "reveal one character from Capcom and one character from Marvel at the same time" thing.

Weiss

Banned
I'm guessing they'll reveal two characters per month, occasionally four.

I'm ballparking the roster somewhere between 32 and 36.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm guessing they'll reveal two characters per month, occasionally four.

I'm ballparking the roster somewhere between 32 and 36.

There is a rumor that would point at roster's number being 32, but I really hope that they would manage to push the numbers toward to 40 by miracle but it's highly unlikely tho.

I would love to see them trying to beat MVC2 numbers because they were so close with UMVC3 but they had to cut 8 characters at the end.

Weiss

Banned
There is a rumor that would point at roster's number being 32, but I really hope that they would manage to push the numbers toward to 40 by miracle but it's highly unlikely tho.

I would love to see them trying to beat MVC2 numbers because they were so close with UMVC3 but they had to cut 8 characters at the end.

Don't worry, the roster is sure to pass 40.

With DLC.

Neoxon

Keep in mind that they're reusing animations from UMvC3. As such, I'd be disappointed if they don't go for at least 40. If they redid the animations from scratch like SFV, I'd be a bit more forgiving for a smaller base roster.

Weiss

Banned
Keep in mind that they're reusing animations from UMvC3. As such, I'd be disappointed if they don't go for at least 40. If they redid the animations from scratch like SFV, I'd be a bit more forgiving for a smaller base roster.

First page of this thread says low 30s.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Don't worry, the roster is sure to pass 40.

With DLC.

I have no doubts with that but I'm talking about base roster which I have a doubt.

Let see how many characters they are going to reuses for MVCI first. I'm pretty sure that we are going to see Hulk, Spider-man and Thor coming back for sure.

Seyavesh

don't forget this is a 2v2 game though. with no assists.

their incentive to pump out a massive roster size is reduced by that alone. not to mention unique design decisions in terms of balancing out chars to make them unique without having the luxury of freedom that an assist system provides makes tuning way, way harder/time consuming

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
First page of this thread says low 30s.

Yes, but the numbers usually don't get decided until like few months before they are finishing up with the development. It might be for best to set our expectation with 32 or 34 characters, but who know they might manage to push few more characters into the game.

don't forget this is a 2v2 game though.

Yup, that's why it's more likely to be low 30s because it's 2 vs 2 mode, and they need to focus on single player contents after their fiasco with SFV single player contents, and they make a huge promise with that as well.

Weiss

Banned
Now that I'm playing Breath of Fire II I friggin' need for Nina to be in this game. She's so friggin' cool.

She's a flier and an elemental mage. At the very least she could be a good replacement for Storm.

Top Bottom