• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Also have to relearn Thor he was my main in umvc3, was a horrible character but I made it work. Hopefully he's more viable competitively and I pray that half of my mighty hurricane resets work.

Spider Man and Haggar have always been hype as hell characters when they connect. A team of the two playing at a really high level will be glorious to see.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching Haggar vs. Thanos in this latest video from Max kind of exemplifies the issue with the art style. Just inconsistent when it comes to realism vs stylizing it.

- Thanos is super dark, metallic and glossy looking. The glossy look makes him look relatively realistic.
- Haggar's skin tone looks sickly and pale, and many of the details of his muscles look way too much like obvious texturework, he just looks less detailed in comparison. But what's odd is the details on his chest aim to make him look realistic, but the rest of the model (e.g. face, clothing) still look stylized and closer to MvC3.
- MODOK and the stage in the background look very stylized in their models and texturing.

Also, I haven't seen a completed super animation, but it looks like all tracking is gone from Nemesis' rockets in his super.

I-hate-u

Watching Haggar vs. Thanos in this latest video from Max kind of exemplifies the issue with the art style. Just inconsistent when it comes to realism vs stylizing it.

- Thanos is super dark, metallic and glossy looking. The glossy look makes him look relatively realistic.
- Haggar's skin tone looks sickly and pale, and many of the details of his muscles look way too much like obvious texturework, he just looks less detailed in comparison. But what's odd is the details on his chest aim to make him look realistic, but the rest of the model (e.g. face, clothing) still look stylized and closer to MvC3.
- MODOK and the stage in the background look very stylized in their models and texturing.

Also, I haven't seen a completed super animation, but it looks like all tracking is gone from Nemesis' rockets in his super.

Their realistic art style doesn't lend well to the more "human looking" characters unless they're hiding their face like Strider. I am betting this is on Marvel, trying to sylistically to make the game look more akin to their other PC/mobile offerings. It looks decent on the Marvel characters, but for whatever reason the Capcom characters are hideous.
SVG0Krc.jpg

So far, who do you think are you going to main from the currently released characters?

Dante/I haven't found my secondary.

Jawmuncher

Their realistic art style doesn't lend well to the more "human looking" characters unless they're hiding their face like Strider.
SVG0Krc.jpg

Yeah. The realistic design seems pretty one sided. Only helping marvel and not capcom. Though I will say Captain america is a bit hurt by the change as well.

This is the first Marvel game in nearly 7 years, you think 4 more years with this game in its condition would make for automatic praise and a decent hype cycle?

Yes actually.

Less than a week ago, we had a MvC3 tourney with 652 people in it.
I don't think MvC2 ever had a tourney that size in its entire life.

"MAHVEL" isn't the same distant nostalgia trip in 2017 that it was in 2011. A huge MAHVEL event just happened a few days ago.

The environment that MvCi is debuting in is nothing like the environment MvC3 was debuting in. Similar to how the environment SF5 debuted in is not the same environment SF4 debuted in.
(And, that's not even taking today's social media and hive mind into account.)

Kouichi

So far, who do you think are you going to main from the currently released characters?

I'm leaning towards Spider-man/Spencer at the moment. Though if Venom and Hunter are in the base then that will most likely be my team. Venom is definite but I need to see how Hunter plays before I completely jump on him.

I still don't understand why Chun's eyebrows are like that. Every other Chun model the past decade had full eyebrows, but it's like they singed half of it off. It really gets to me because it is so damn obvious and seems like something that can be fixed quickly at this point.

Sigmaah

X/Zero day 1
X/Sigma
Zero/Sigma

These guys will be my main teams that I go to.

Deff playing other characters like Venom, Jedah, Strider, Panther etc.

Like there's a lot of characters I wanna play in this game and learn to the fullest compared to marvel 3 and that's all I could've asked for.

I really don't think I'm leaving my house for a while once September comes.

DR2K

Banned
Yes actually.

Less than a week ago, we had a MvC3 tourney with 652 people in it.
I don't think MvC2 ever had a tourney that size in its entire life.

"MAHVEL" isn't the same distant nostalgia trip in 2017 that it was in 2011. A huge MAHVEL event just happened a few days ago.

The environment that MvCi is debuting in is nothing like the environment MvC3 was debuting in. Similar to how the environment SF5 debuted in is not the same environment SF4 debuted in.
(And, that's not even taking today's social media and hive mind into account.)

MVC2 sustained itself for 10 years and the tournament scene was one of the factors in reviving the series. Post Street Fighter 4 tournaments rarely had the huge numbers they have today as far as perspective goes.

Also, no one expected another Marvel game after it got delisted a few years ago and all support for the games were abruptly cut off. A lot of people were very excited about MVCi when it was announced. Capcom and Marvel dropping the ball is on them.

Wonder why 4gamer released the New Metro City images when that wasn't even shown publicly...

Do we have anything AT ALL convention/event-wise until Gamescom?

I mean, Sony did also use that Spider-Man swinging in NMC image as a thumbnail so who knows

Neonep

Wonder why 4gamer released the New Metro City images when that wasn't even shown publicly...

I mean, Sony did also use that Spider-Man swinging in NMC image as a thumbnail so who knows

Unless it's just a random drop on a random day, Gamescom is the last major show prior to launch. They squandered last weekend with Evo & D23.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Defend the North and Summer Jam.. Summer Jam is the best tournament candidate but it's pretty close to Gamescom.

Gamescom is the best bet.

SnakeEyez

I'm assuming gamescon and then possibly (hopefully) a launch trailer to reveal some more modes and characters. At the very least the last dlc characters, if they haven't done so by then.

mas8705

I'm assuming gamescon and then possibly (hopefully) a launch trailer to reveal some more modes and characters. At the very least the last dlc characters, if they haven't done so by then.

That reminds me actually... Did they announced the third DLC character yet? You'd think that with the game coming out in lless than two months, they might want to show the next character we'll will get in the deluxe version (unless if Capcom realizes that revealing the next character will have the same impact for them as shooting yourself in the foot).

Could still happen this weekend, Who knows? (didn't see the schedule), but it does feel like when we talk about anything for MvC:I that isn't related to gameplay, that is where the game suffers the most.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I refuse to accept this

You're just memeing

I actually legitimaly dislike the Dino Crisis franchise. I remember lil' Rhaknar even way back then going "RE with Dinosaurs? Really?"

I understand your love of RE and I even nderstand your backwards refusal of RE7 because its not like the classics. I do not understand your love of DC.

Teasing you about Regina will never stop being funny to be however.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Comic book fighting game select screens are another thing that peaked in vanilla MvC3. Can't get better than that, really.

Jawmuncher

I actually legitimaly dislike the Dino Crisis franchise. I remember lil' Rhaknar even way back then going "RE with Dinosaurs? Really?"

I understand your love of RE and I even nderstand your backwards refusal of RE7 because its not like the classics. I do not understand your love of DC.

Teasing you about Regina will never stop being funny to be however.

I love RE
I love Dinosaurs

Thus Dino Crisis is basically a dream game series that was taken from us too soon

Neonep

It's just so ugly and shoddy! The way the character win pose transitions to the characters' portraits and then to the rematch-character select-exit screen is horrendous!

They basically said that for the UI we are going to do the bare minimum, the HUD is trash.

Seyavesh

Actually it's only for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom. Selection screen was completely different in original version.

look closely at the p1 and p2 team selection boxes
shit is aceeee
also the screen actually loaded in char models rather than using still images which would be a godsend for mod stuff b/c making portraits is actually 50x the effort of making skins

qzjsmpw.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom