• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The more I see of this game the less I'm sure I even want it. I heard that a demo was available on PS4 but have they said anything about Steam? I may skip this one entirely despite really enjoying all of the previous games.

SnakeEyez

The more I see of this game the less I'm sure I even want it. I heard that a demo was available on PS4 but have they said anything about Steam? I may skip this one entirely despite really enjoying all of the previous games.

If you want to be completely turned off by the game, by all means play the story demo on ps4. I'd say wait for a potential versus demo (if Capcom is smart) when the game launches to make a decision.

look closely at the p1 and p2 team selection boxes
shit is aceeee
also the screen actually loaded in char models rather than using still images which would be a godsend for mod stuff b/c making portraits is actually 50x the effort of making skins

qzjsmpw.png

Man I miss this character select don't know why they changed it. Ultimate looked good imo but Vanilla had the better character select, theme, and UI.

I think the first team I'm going to try on day one is Ultron/Thanos. I think they could work well together.

No clue on what stone to use though. :S

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Demo is only available on Xbone and PS4

It's a story mode demo showcasing the least cleverly written part of the story, with the easiest fights and enemies that die super quick and don't allow you to actually feel out the systems.

It's a shit demo. By all accounts this game is fun as heck to play, tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there was no Max stream with the 2hr SDCC footage right? Just those 14min videos?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
look closely at the p1 and p2 team selection boxes
shit is aceeee
also the screen actually loaded in char models rather than using still images which would be a godsend for mod stuff b/c making portraits is actually 50x the effort of making skins

qzjsmpw.png

Yes, that's exactly what Enzo meant. Vanilla MvC3's was better than UMvC3's.

I was thinking about comic book being used as character selection screen, not those two mini comic book when you chose your characters. My apologies. I actually forget about entire MVC3 character screen since I only remember the character selection itself being similar to MVC2 in retrospect.

Tbh I didn't really like either MvC3 or UMvC3 character select screens. They both look meh. OG MvC1 had a more fun feel to it. MvC:i is ok but obviously basic as fuck. Should go for an IJ2 or SFV like screen with the character models interacting (but that obviously takes more effort).

Dueck

Banned
While I was pleasantly surprised to see some characters pop up that weren't in the leak (iirc), this still feels like a cash-grab on Capcom's end and Disney forcing an MCU agenda on the other. It doesn't feel like it exists for the right reasons, as opposed to something like UMvC3 or many older titles that felt like a passion project.

I buy every fighting game for the most part, and I already have this one paid off, but there's no hype as of now. Granted, part of it does stem from the increasing bitterness I feel towards Disney constantly trying to homogenize Marvel's various ventures across all mediums with the MCU, as well as Capcom's brutal DLC practices since the middle of the last console generation... But regardless of that, I'm just not feeling it. The real irony being that MvC2 for the Dreamcast (on the old Capcom BBS, then GameFAQs) was what got me into using message boards in the first place 17~ years ago.

Between SFV and MvC: Infinite, I think it'll be quite some time before we see another totally new fighting game from Capcom. They are seemingly really out of touch with what pleases consumers, and it's only getting worse. I'm not saying they make bad games, because I can't think of one in recent memory I didn't like, they're just one of the worst when it comes to PR and looking a bit shady with the DLC.

Btw also Capcom needs to get rid of the seizure like hitstun. It's really jarring to look at when hitting someone. I wonder if they tried to make it super obvious to newer players that you can continue your combo or something...

Ryce

I'd like for the character select layout to look something like this:

rk1woJD.png

Darkstalkers
Zombies
Street Fighter universe
Futuristic side-scrollers
3D action
Ghosts’n Goblins

Doctor Strange
Spider-Man
The Avengers
Cosmic

Plus some thematic pairings where possible: Morrigan & Jedah across from Strange & Dormammu, Nemesis across from Venom, X across from Iron Man, etc.

Everything would be thrown out of whack with the addition of DLC, but the starting roster should still look orderly.

Dahbomb

Btw also Capcom needs to get rid of the seizure like hitstun. It's really jarring to look at when hitting someone. I wonder if they tried to make it super obvious to newer players that you can continue your combo or something...

Yeah that shit is super jank looking.

Weiss

Banned
I want to like this and be hyped but goddamn has Capcom put a lot of effort into marginalizing every last bit of interest I could have.

I'm sure it's going to play well but the only characters I'm interested in are X, Jedah and Ultron, and I'm happy Strider, Arthur and Firebrand are coming back, but that's only six characters.

BossRush

The game still looks fun to play, and there's more characters im excited to try now!

Like off the top of my head, teams I want to try

X/Zero
X/Marvel
Zero/Gamora
Ultron/Jedah
Thanos/Jedah

I want to like this and be hyped but goddamn has Capcom put a lot of effort into marginalizing every last bit of interest I could have.

I'm sure it's going to play well but the only characters I'm interested in are X, Jedah and Ultron, and I'm happy Strider, Arthur and Firebrand are coming back, but that's only six characters.

Good news: your team only has space for 2 characters.

Dahbomb

You want maximum diversity in characters and playstyles to attract different types of players.

I personally would never play a character like Nemesis but you have people like Ultradavid who likes big burly zoners and grapplers with stretchy liimbs, the character was custom made for someone like him.

There are a lot of people (casuals especially) who just play spin the wheel on the character select and play whatever. It's part of the fun for them. I know I used to do it a lot with my friends in Marvel 2, using wack characters for the fun of it. Not everyone plays these games competitively.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You want maximum diversity in characters and playstyles to attract different types of players.

I personally would never play a character like Nemesis but you have people like Ultradavid who likes big burly zoners and grapplers with stretchy liimbs, the character was custom made for someone like him.

There are a lot of people (casuals especially) who just play spin the wheel on the character select and play whatever. It's part of the fun for them. I know I used to do it a lot with my friends in Marvel 2, using wack characters for the fun of it. Not everyone plays these games competitively.

I mained Nemesis / Hulk / Skrull because im shit

I will main Nemesis / Hulk because im shit. I cant do no fancy combos, I can do 5 hit combos so those big guys are good for me :p

Dahbomb

If you are interested in 6 characters then you can make 15 teams in this game. Not including stone combinations of course, that just multiplies it by 6.

J-Tier

Skrulls were announced as the main antagonists for Captain Marvel - the Movie. ANd with Deadpool in the VR game too...I suppose Fox and Marvel are peachy.

Skrulls were announced as the main antagonists for Captain Marvel - the Movie. ANd with Deadpool in the VR game too...I suppose Fox and Marvel are peachy.

I guess it was a bit crazy to think Moonstone could have been the villain, oh well.

Sadly that won't mean Super-skrulls
or more specifically, Kl'rt

JazzmanZ

I think Skrulls were the result of a trade Marvel and FOX did for certain characters, which is why The Watchers were in GOTG2

Ryce

Marvel always had the film rights for the Skrulls as a race -- it's Super-Skrull in particular that they can't use. The same applies to the Watchers, where they're allowed to use the race but not Uatu.

kunonabi

Jedah, Morrigan, Captain Marvel, Gamora, and Nemesis are on my radar which isn't too bad really. Would have been 6 if Ant-Man was in.

Ryce

Why not? Fox has the rights to Super Skrull?
Yeah. Fox and Marvel Studios are both allowed to use generic Skrulls and Watchers, but Fox has the exclusive rights to Super-Skrull, Uatu, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, did you know the situation where the developers had to removed all F4 contents (except Doctor Doom) from one marvel game? No one know what's up with it.

DR2K

Banned
The great thing about this roster being so shit is that you only have to pick 2 characters. Even I have a couple of teams in mind. I'm hoping Jedah isn't troll tier like Hsienko, but I have a feeling he's going to get Nitsuma'd.

I honestly don't know what team I want to play anymore. Maverick Hunters were looking like day 1, now Thanos, Gamora, Jedah, and Captain Marvel are making that difficult. I'll just play around with everyone until I'm comfortable.

There's a lot of characters I wanna play, but that's a result of getting so many of my MvC3 favs back. On the other hand, Jedah's about the only newcomer I'm interested in at launch. (But I'm interested in him big time, been asking for the dude since MvC3.)

I'm still bummed Black Panther is DLC. :( Just hope he doesn't take too long to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom