• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Everyone will be used to PPKK about a month after release. It retains the progressive nature of allowing you to proceed from lower strength buttons to higher strength (l.P, l.K, h.K, h.P for universal launcher).

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I really dislike how characters lost special move variations with the transition to 2 kicks+2 punches, which still makes no sense since most characters DON'T KICK AND PUNCH. That distinction doesn't make a lick of sense with Marvel vs Capcom and I really liked when it was changed in MvC3.

Also it made the basic A-B-C-Launch sequence more complex, for no real gain. It feels like they thought the Easy Combo would be enough to compensate but it's not at all the same and seemingly deactivated console wide, not by-player making it so that if someone wants to play the game with someone else that would use that they're forced to have it on.

Honestly the whole thing about this being the most "accessible" version of MvC seems mostly like lip service to me.

Ryce

I really dislike how characters lost special move variations with the transition to 2 kicks+2 punches, which still makes no sense since most characters DON'T KICK AND PUNCH. That distinction doesn't make a lick of sense with Marvel vs Capcom and I really liked when it was changed in MvC3.

Also it made the basic A-B-C-Launch sequence more complex, for no real gain. It feels like they thought the Easy Combo would be enough to compensate but it's not at all the same and seemingly deactivated console wide, not by-player making it so that if someone wants to play the game with someone else that would use that they're forced to have it on.

Honestly the whole thing about this being the most "accessible" version of MvC seems mostly like lip service to me.
Best post.

Everything here is true.

Dormammu better not have a goddamn kick animation.

SaikyoBro

Frank West keeping his level-up system is a relief for me, I think that's the first real character-specific gimmick like that that we've seen so far. Makes me hopeful Phoenix Wright would keep Turnabout mode (and for better or worse, Phoenix would probably keep Dark Phoenix if she ever makes it back).

Making ScarJo Black Widow a blonde is about as good an idea as having a MvC game without Wolverine.

For context, Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character and my Versus series main.

For more context, redhead ScarJo is one of my favorite parts of the MCU.

You guys should be able to guess my feelings on this change.

Trying to find a used PS4 on the cheap and found a guy selling one and he will take $160 it's a OG refurb from gamestop. Not sure if I should bite or not hmmm

DR2K

Banned
I've played the demo more and the PPKK is easily adjustable, but no way you're going to say it's more accessible than ABCS. Especially having to press d hp to launch versus just S.

joe2187

Banned
Reuse Iron Fist (who would actually benefit from the PK controls) and put in DD. How do you miss something so simple?

Please dont, watching the entire first season of the Netflix show has retroactively ruined that character for me.

Im embarrassed to have played Iron fist now.

Please dont, watching the entire first season of the Netflix show has retroactively ruined that character for me.

I'm not a fan of Netflix IF but if you're going to reuse characters from the previous game at least go for one that would make sense.
I've played the demo more and the PPKK is easily adjustable, but no way you're going to say it's more accessible than ABCS. Especially having to press d hp to launch versus just S.

Even TvC felt kind of awkward with L > M > H >3H for launcher.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So you don't want Deadpool to return?
It's not that I don't want any characters to return, I'd love for all of them to return, including Deadpool, although I think Storm and Magneto just have cooler powersets. Oh, also Phoenix, would love for Phoenix to return, but she's not well suited for 2v2 with tagging.

It's just I'd rather more new.

- Nightcrawler who's entire moveset is built upon teleports, like an even more fragile version of Strider that can cancel everything into a teleport easily
- Mondo who uses a variety of elemental attacks based upon the material properties he assumes (Agents of Shield had a similar character that I forget the name of)
- Dazzler or Jubilee would just be visual delight
But if we're talking light/energy-based attacks, maybe Cyke is the way to go
- Kitty Pryde who can switch between phased-out and phased-in states subtly (i.e. with subtle visual cues or you could spam it to confuse your opponent or make it difficult to track what state she's in), which could make for some great gameplay implications so long as it's balanced right (i.e. some sort of cooldown or perhaps it has a hit limit when she's phased-out before she reappears)
- Mr. Sinister could be dope, I think there are a ton of different possibilities when it comes to gene splicing, from install hypers or stance changing that change his genes to assume the powers of mutants that might make for less interesting characters by themselves, to absorbing abilities or gaining damage resistance from specific characters via a command grab
- Master Mold. Who needs Sentinel when you can have a character that produces and fills the screen with AI minions that you have to defeat? Like an Ultron EX, a slower character with limited normal options. Could be a Phoenix-type character where it takes a lot of resources to get going (e.g. you could have to level up his manufacturing capabilities across the course of the match). I feel this is too close to Ultron when it comes to the minions, but would be a neat thing to try.
- Legion. People like the show, and mental instability and telekinetic powers could take you pretty far and leaves a lot of room to work with.
- Lilandra. Always liked her, she just has a dope look and swag because she's royalty of a galactic empire, and polearm-based moves would be dope.

It would be dope if they revamped Cable and made it so that he was super powerful but always slowly dying due to the technorganic virus eating away at him.

EDIT: Corsair would be cool too (#starjammers) but he's like a C-Tier Star-Lord in today's world.

Neoxon

They booted Season 1's showrunner from Iron Fist Season 2, so hopefully that & Defenders can help steer Danny's story back on track.

Dahbomb

Aside from Nightcrawler and a couple of other X Men, Marvel 2 had most of the X Men people actually gave a crap about and even then that game was pushing way past the limit of X Mens in a game. Like when you are down to crap like Spiral, Silver Samurai and Marrow then you have gone way past the limit.

And I love X Men but Marvel 2 had too many X Men characters.

Ryce

I wonder what the roster would look like if there wasn't a Fox ban. Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, and Doctor Doom would be here at the absolute bare minimum, and there really aren't any expendable veterans for them to replace besides maybe Ghost Rider or Dormammu. The roster would have to be larger to accommodate them.

Mizerman

It's not that I don't want any characters to return, I'd love for all of them to return, including Deadpool, although I think Storm and Magneto just have cooler powersets. Oh, also Phoenix, would love for Phoenix to return, but she's not well suited for 2v2 with tagging.

- Nightcrawler who's entire moveset is built upon teleports, like an even more fragile version of Strider that can cancel everything into a teleport easily
- Mondo who uses a variety of elemental attacks based upon the material properties he assumes (Agents of Shield had a similar character that I forget the name of)
- Kitty Pryde who can switch between phased-out and phased-in states subtly (i.e. with subtle visual cues or you could spam it to confuse your opponent or make it difficult to track what state she's in), which could make for some great gameplay implications so long as it's balanced right (i.e. some sort of cooldown or perhaps it has a hit limit when she's phased-out before she reappears)
- Mr. Sinister could be dope, I think there are a ton of different possibilities when it comes to gene splicing, from install hypers or stance changing that change his genes to assume the powers of mutants that might make for less interesting characters by themselves, to absorbing abilities or gaining damage resistance from specific characters via a command grab
- Master Mold. Who needs Sentinel when you can have a character that produces and fills the screen with AI minions that you have to defeat? Like an Ultron EX, a slower character with limited normal options. Could be a Phoenix-type character where it takes a lot of resources to get going (e.g. you could have to level up his manufacturing capabilities across the course of the match). I feel this is too close to Ultron when it comes to the minions, but would be a neat thing to try.
- Legion. People like the show, and mental instability and telekinetic powers could take you pretty far and leaves a lot of room to work with.
- Lilandra. Always liked her, she just has a dope look and swag because she's royalty of a galactic empire, and polearm-based moves would be dope.

It would be dope if they revamped Cable and made it so that he was super powerful but always slowly dying due to the technorganic virus eating away at him.

EDIT: Corsair would be cool too (#starjammers) but he's like a C-Tier Star-Lord in today's world.

Would've loved Sinister to join the roster.

joe2187

Banned
I'm not a fan of Netflix IF but if you're going to reuse characters from the previous game at least go for one that would make sense.

Even TvC felt kind of awkward with L > M > H >3H for launcher.

Id rather have Luke Cage.

Make him a grappler with 10 hits of super armor.

Skab

Hopefully we do get them as DLC at least. But even then, there are a lot that I would like to see come back.

Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Sent, Doom, Cyclops, Gambit, hell give me Omega Red back.

J-Tier

Making ScarJo Black Widow a blonde is about as good an idea as having a MvC game without Wolverine.

For context, Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character and my Versus series main.

For more context, redhead ScarJo is one of my favorite parts of the MCU.

You guys should be able to guess my feelings on this change.
Maybe it's a reference to Yelena Belova?

The Absorbing Man right? He's kind of a C-tier Avengers villain, but I do think he's "bigger" than Mondo in the whole scheme of things.
I forgot about Dazzler, she would be quite the spectacle for sure. I'd really like her in.
Mr. Sinister is a great character all-in-all. His more modern look which evokes Dracula-esque feels is also badass. He looks badass either way.

latest
latest
Omega Sentinel would be great too. + Female + Minority

Dahbomb

I wonder what the roster would look like if there wasn't a Fox ban. Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, and Doctor Doom would be here at the absolute bare minimum, and there really aren't any expendable veterans for them to replace besides maybe Ghost Rider or Dormammu. The roster would have to be larger to accommodate them.
Roster would've been larger and they would've copy/pasted over the Capcom equivalents.

So let's say they put in 5 X Men characters: Wolverine, Doom, Deadpool, Magneto, Storm. All of them copy/pasted from Marvel 3.

Then they put in 5 Capcom characters also from Marvel 3 to save time and money: Akuma (for the Wolverine BFF return), Wesker, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright.

I didn't include Vergil because he's going to be DLC no matter what.

galvatron

I said it way before, but I expected an Infamous Iron Man skin to represent Doom since that pushes forward a product Marvel is currently selling instead of the classic look. Movies are now the primary way Marvel makes money and people get exposed to these characters and we only get a new MvC because licensing is probably the second most lucrative thing Marvel does.

JeTmAn81

Does Storm deserve to be in this game? She doesn't have the same kind of history she did coming out of Marvel 2. The only one who got anything done with her in 3 was Marvelous Wong.

Does Storm deserve to be in this game? She doesn't have the same kind of history she did coming out of Marvel 2. The only one who got anything done with her in 3 was Marvelous Wong.

Well she's a very important and popular X- men character in her own right with a very flashy and versatile power.

Ryce

I don't care which characters pro players use. Storm is one of Marvel's most famous female characters and has a long history in the MvC series.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really dislike how characters lost special move variations with the transition to 2 kicks+2 punches, which still makes no sense since most characters DON'T KICK AND PUNCH

Yeah, It sucks that almost all characters are losing their special move variation(s).

I don't think we should concern about characters being forced to have certain attacks because of the button settings. Going with Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite demo, Dante didn't really get any kick animations despite we have two kicks buttons. Also Arthur, Chris Redfield and Rocket Raccoon only have minimal amounts of kick animations awhile rest were taken over by their weapons. I have a good feeling that Dormammu wouldn't get many kick animations for a good reason. I meant look at Street Fighter, we got Balrog and Juri in SFIV and SFV and they got away from using very minimal numbers of punches or kicks out of their martial arts or fighting archetype. I must emphasized that I don't think we should worry about that yet.

It's obvious from the beginning that MVCI isn't going to cater to casual players since they already have a plan for their own league and tournaments, etc. It Anway, it don't matters how we sliced it but casual players usually doesnt stick around with online feature that long.

Ryce

I just realized that with Spider-Man/Deadpool #20 releasing on August 2, Firebrand and Dormammu will have to be revealed before then. Given the comics release schedule, we might get 1-2 character reveals per week throughout the month of August. That might be why the Comic-Con reveals were meager compared to previous events.

Covers that haven't been officially revealed:

August 2 - Spider-Man #19, Spider-Man/Deadpool #20
August 9 - Amazing Spider-Man #31, Defenders #4, Venom #153
Augst 16 - Mighty Thor #22
August 23 - Black Panther #17, Generations: Thor #1
August 30 - Thanos #10

I'm not big on the "deserve" argument, but I know that a lot of people love Storm and would love to see her in this game. In Marvel 3 she occupied the same awkward position Dormammu did: needs a lot of meter, so you don't want her on point, but no good assist.

Of course, the difference is that Dormammu is a monster once you get him on point with meter, and Storm is still kind of mediocre. Ultimately just a shitty Magneto aside from her utility supers.

I just realized that with Spider-Man/Deadpool #20 releasing on August 2, Firebrand and Dormammu will have to be revealed before then. Given the comics release schedule, we might get 1-2 character reveals per week throughout the month of August. That might be why the Comic-Con reveals were meager compared to previous events.

Covers that haven't been officially revealed:

August 2 - Spider-Man #19, Spider-Man/Deadpool #20
August 9 - Amazing Spider-Man #31, Defenders #4, Venom #153
Augst 16 - Mighty Thor #22
August 23 - Black Panther #17, Generations: Thor #1
August 30 - Thanos #10
How so?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Funny thing, a lot of the Capcom guys told me they keep the Easy Combos on, as some of them automatically switch sides and go into easy hypers without worrying about directional inputs. There's a few moments in my videos where Spider-Man's enders are almost all Easy Combos. You can see it on the screen notification.

New vid btw...

GAMORA & DR. STRANGE GO NUTS: FULL MATCHES - Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite
https://youtu.be/-31Y7BrYiv0

Funny thing, a lot of the Capcom guys told me they keep the Easy Combos on, as some of them automatically switch sides and go into easy hypers without worrying about directional inputs. There's a few moments in my videos where Spider-Man's enders are almost all Easy Combos. You can see it on the screen notification.

New vid btw...

Link them all as they come!

sinkfla87

New vid btw...

Good God, Gamora looks fun.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If we had X-Men, they wouldn't have been able to add as many new characters as they did.

Heh.

I want to give out the serious answer to this even I know you are joking. I have a feeling they wouldn't going to make any newcomers that came from X-Men since they already have quite a lot of popular X-men characters in previous games so we are going to see all veterans. I would be genuinely happy to be proved wrong on this matters.

Id rather have Luke Cage.

Make him a grappler with 10 hits of super armor.

Luke Cage? It's really depend on how Capcom going to make him an interesting character. Despite Netflix team doing Iron Fist the injustice, I still want Iron Fist to come back because he's fun to play with.

She's one of most iconic female characters in Marvel history, like top 15 female characters out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom