• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for all the videos Max, why would Capcom spend money on PR when they have the community doing their fucking work for them better than they could I guess?

SIGH

D-Man

Thanks to Max for uploading all of these matches. The more I watch, the more excited I get to see what I can do with people like Frank, X, or Strider. You can do some crazy shit in this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn, y'all even find ways to whine in the face of good news.

if that was to me, is it not true? Max's videos are the type of stuff Capcom was doing with SF5 with Combofiend, putting a bunch of full matches out there with commentary.

For whatever reason, nothing for Marvel. I calls them like I sees them mate.

JayEH

Thanks for all the videos Max, why would Capcom spend money on PR when they have the community doing their fucking work for them better than they could I guess?

SIGH

They do a good job with SFV new characters so I know they have it in them.

Dahbomb

Aside from Ryu, most characters look good in this game mechanically. The weaker characters from 3 were buffed and the system changes help them out as well.

Of course top tiers will still be top tier but the standard for the mid and low tiers have been raised. Hopefully it narrows the tier gaps.

Skab

Aside from Ryu, most characters look good in this game mechanically. The weaker characters from 3 were buffed and the system changes help them out as well.

Of course top tiers will still be top tier but the standard for the mid and low tiers have been raised. Hopefully it narrows the tier gaps.

Max mentioned in his stream last night that Ryu is really fun in this, and that he's very TvC like. Shame we haven't seen much of him in action more.

Dahbomb

Max mentioned in his stream last night that Ryu is really fun in this, and that he's very TvC like. Shame we haven't seen much of him in action more.
I mean how can he be TVC like when he doesn't have his air dash?

THCs and DHCs aren't in the game but the tag system allows you to have more custom control over DHCs and THCs. No one is going to miss DHCs in this game.

Rhaknar

asked earlier but anyone has a link to Max' s post SDCC stream where these matches are coming from? I want to see it raw

...wait.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Max has done a better job selling and marketing the game than Capcom ever did. Thanks for all the footage brother!

Not my intention at all. Whole goal is to do awesome stuff in the fighting games I enjoy playing with cool characters.

However, I agree the marketing on MVCI is in a weird place right now. Some of the best PR the game had was the Ono question at the panel regarding Chuns face.

Yeah Nemesis looks fucking great, both visually and mechanically. Dude deserves a second chance, MvC3 wasn't his game.

His supers are gonna be so good with this tag system.

Not my intention at all. Whole goal is to do awesome stuff in the fighting games I enjoy playing with cool characters.

However, I agree the marketing on MVCI is in a weird place right now. Some of the best PR the game had was the Ono question at the panel regarding Chuns face.

Thanks for everything you've done for the community. All of us appreciate your work.

I especially enjoyed when you said this, paraphrased, "I'm not here to sell you guys anything. I just wanna play games that I find fun. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it." on your stream last night.

And thanks for answering the Strider question. I played him in all games, so I'm interested in playing him here as well.

Anth0ny

The bolded is really all they need to do to sell people on a game like this! lol

Sup dude! I think neither DHC's nor THC's (all teammates at once) are in this game. Are you going to play it or are you waiting for Nick?

Hella no I play on Day 1. I mean Im disappointed at no Nick but I will always love Marvel. Sure there is a lot to be disappointed in but the gameplay is straight up Mahvel. These kinda threads move a little to fast for me to post all the time in but I will for sure be active in the OT.

The characters I'm most interested in so far are Dante, Hulk, Haggar and Strider. Which is funny because they were all in the last game but look and feel fresh from what I've seen. Maybe this time I will be able to use Dante somewhat. I love the character but I was by far the worst character in the game for me. Funny how even slight adjustments in controls and setups can change perspective for me.

I really like some of the changes to those characters and I want to play with them. I also wanna try out Captain Marvel. The only character who looks completely uninteresting to me is Thor.

Kouichi

The tag mechanics and gem system is some of coolest and funnest looking stuff I've ever seen in an MvC game. I can't wait to see all the crazy things people come up with during tournament play.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
The tag mechanics and gem system is some of coolest and funnest looking stuff I've ever seen in an MvC game. I can't wait to see all the crazy things people come up with during tournament play.

MVC games are magical as fuck in the first month - two, discovering all the nuances. The magic vanished in MVC3 vanilla with the DHC glitch tho.

Yeah Nemesis looks fucking great, both visually and mechanically. Dude deserves a second chance, MvC3 wasn't his game.

His supers are gonna be so good with this tag system.

I think Nemesis has the best visual upgrade from Marvel 3 to infinite. He has oppo Chun face. Big improvement. The only thing I hate about Nemesis is his voice is god awful. I know he is a character that doesn't talk but his growls and yells are not menacing at all. The way he says STARS in Marvel 3 is hella weak. Compare RE3 to him in Marvel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOxRJyeGTE

Then listen to him in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWSc_Hms0s

Marvel

could never
Ultron and Gamora look so sick, those two will keep me very happy until Venom. Then I gotta decide who to pair him with...

CD'S BAR

I think Nemesis has the best visual upgrade from Marvel 3 to infinite. He has oppo Chun face. Big improvement. The only thing I hate about Nemesis is his voice is god awful. I know he is a character that doesn't talk but his growls and yells are not menacing at all. The way he says STARS in Marvel 3 is hella weak. Compare RE3 to him in Marvel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOxRJyeGTE

Then listen to him in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWSc_Hms0s

Mvc3 sounds like an old man out of breath.

Dahbomb

With his new changes Nemesis would be insanely good right now.

*Noodles ground enemy from the air meaning once you swat them down from the air you can pressure them on wake up after.

*He has a crouching rocket that is a much better angle for zoning against smaller characters.

*He can fire rockets in quick succession with the reload.

*He has armor on just about everything now. Even his rocket moves have armor.

*His armor actually starts up pretty fast now which was a big weakness of him in Marvel 3.

*His lvl3 is instant and leads them into crumple state.

*His punch hyper is faster and causes a wall bounce now. Much more usable and of course with tag mechanics he can lock you down.

*He can actually combo after his clothesline rocket now.

*He has charged rockets now and Olaf is saying that they are pretty good (maybe they can't be reflected).

His biggest weakness right now is that his normal rockets can be reflected back which is really bad for him as they do massive damage and Nemesis himself is a big target. I feel like rockets should not have been deflectable like Magnum.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DFcEjOSXgAEX-Aa.jpg

Taramoor

Definitely feeling confident in my decision to go Gamora main.

Her distance game is acceptable, she can use those guns to move forward really effectively, she's got huge coverage on some of those sword strikes, and in addition to being superfast with movesthat hit lot of times she has a damn V-Trigger super. She is potentially patently ridiculous.

I will probably combine her with Spencer (my only main to make the jump from 3), Morrigan (looks fun as hell) or Firebrand (because of COURSE he's in there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom