• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Talking about themes we can listen to X theme in here at the beginning.

I would like to hear more of the new themes but it seems that Marvel's direction is more "cinematic" kind of feeling.

Gross. Replacing themes with clear melodies with generic sounding orchestrated pseudo-"movie score" is really not neat.

Dahbomb

Been watching some WSO Marvel Infinite matches...

God damn Zero been dominating in all of them. The Pizza Cutter is still insane, Sogenmu is still crazy and he still has his movement options. At least Buster seems toned down.

Neonep

That has always been the issue when we see sequels for fighting games. When you have a fighting game that basically has too many returning characters, you make people wonder why a new game was being made while if you put in too many new characters while alienating the old cast, you have people feeling uneasy about the sudden change in the roster. You need to strike that sweet spot where there is that nice balance of old and new, otherwise you run into the issue of angering one of the two camps.

In this case, the idea for MvC: Infinite having so little new characters is making some people think that the roster is basically a water down of the UMvC3 cast with a few characters being replaced for others and calling it "New" even though they are still their own characters. Only other problem is that alongside with the small set of "new characters" that we are going to see, other brand characters that will be added in as DLC.

If we were to just look at the brand new additions to the initial roster, the game itself feels underwhelming. It is nice that we have five new characters, but that is five characters out of a roster that is currently at 27 (and again, this is not counting the DLC characters that have been confirmed or are on the way).

I also think that people expected Marvel & Capcom to make up for the lack of X-Men & Doom with new characters but it didn't happen.

Dahbomb

Does Zero have Zoop Loops?
No. There is a bigger delay between the Zero and his Sogenmu clone now. But Zero Loops wasn't what made Zero obscenely strong in the game (or obnoxious).

Also this dude playing Strange and Strider is on point. Aerial Daggers of Denak doing work as an "assist", working like a pseudo Hidden Missiles.

God damn Zero been dominating in all of them. The Pizza Cutter is still insane, Sogenmu is still crazy and he still has his movement options. At least Buster seems toned down.

I don't think it's possible to make a Marvel game with a faithful rendition of Zero where he isn't amazing. His normals alone make him ridiculous.

Still disappointed somewhat with how X turned out.

Neoxon

Nah, Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel has to get in if you're getting a stretchy person since yeah they're both minorities but she's a woman so obviously wins. Priorities, people.
This, plus there are much more interesting SF characters to add to MvCI than Dhalsim (Rashid, for example).

JeTmAn81

I don't think it's possible to make a Marvel game with a faithful rendition of Zero where he isn't amazing. His normals alone make him ridiculous.

That's how Akuma in SF always seems to me. He has so many tools it's hard to make him bad without just making him a different character.

Neoxon

Still disappointed somewhat with how X turned out.
So the Zero-being-top-tier streak may end up continuing.

mas8705

I also think that people expected Marvel & Capcom to make up for the lack of X-Men & Doom with new characters but it didn't happen.

That too. Also it was pretty funny how some were trying to write off Black Panther as a "Wolverine Function" during that whole train wreck...

Anyway though, that is definitely the other contributing factor at play here: we thought that if certain characters were going to get cut, they were going to get replaced with better characters in their place; something to which that is being shaped up to not happen. Who knows what the future will hold for the game, but we can only hope that it at least gets to take off the ground when it launches and has the support so that we may see additional possible characters in the future should we be so lucky.

What should be the OT title?

About that... Someone made a great suggestion of using "(X)-Men." I forgot who and it is buried somewhere in the thread, but it definitely would be a good contender depending on what else is suggested.

BossRush

Who in their right mind decided to make all the marvel character themes orchestral? What fighting game has straight orchestral movie score esque music?

Skab

Would be nice to go with a title that doesnt shit on the game in some way.

Where can I see these?

Dahbomb

It's better that Zero be good than be bad.

Characters should always strive to be good. Making characters purposely bad is terrible design.

SaikyoBro

Who in their right mind decided to make all the marvel character themes orchestral? What fighting game has straight orchestral movie score esque music?

No kidding. The more I think about it the more disappointed I get. This shit sucks.

I feel like there's a good chance this might be the first Capcom fighter where I don't instantly recognize all the characters' themes.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I thought the OT title was between

Marvel vs. Capcom: Inifinite |OT| f(x)-Men
Marvel vs. Capcom: Inifinite |OT| Marvel vs Capcom: 4 women

That theme sounds amazing, holy shit.

It reminds me of the SFA Dramatic Battle theme and the Soul Edge opening theme.

I think we decided on "f(x)-Men".

Yeah it's my favorite theme in all of the Megaman series. Somehow the rock remix by Breis is even better : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbAEZOvG7d8f any

Btw if anyone hasn't seen X vs Zero - Decisive Battle 2 (where I originally found the Breis remix), its amazing and its what I expected Infinite X to have some components of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McjxOBZrmoo&t=156s

Loved how in Vanilla MVC3, X-Factor Zero looked like Maverick Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom