• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated to the footage, this guy's been posting demo combos from X. Seriously, this one makes me wanna play the game so damn bad again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_gNfpFsIAE

That looks sick.

Yeah, he did pretty good with X combos, and here is another video from him, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqG-BTnj0HE .

only one month and twelves days to go until we finally get our games in our filthily hands

That looks even sicker!

At least no one will be denying this game's combo potential.

SnakeEyez

It's funny how people freaked out about the mash square auto combo and how it would do the same damage if the same combo was done manually.

Seyavesh

the ultron drones have like a quarter-to-a-third of a real character's health so combos on them are pure style shit i think

mas8705

Took me a short while to realize that LeMaximilian was actually Max. Call me an idiot for not figuring it out sooner, but it is nice to see him on Neogaf. Please keep up the great work that you do. ^_^

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. It has really seem like the biggest irony with this game with how when we see the gameplay in action, that helps to generate the interest whereas when we are getting announcements on MvC:I it causes us to get angry at the development for the game. To think that while the game is coming out next month, we got at least one more gaming convention left to go: Gamescom.

I'm starting to wonder just how much more will they show off (or if they are seriously going to consider showing off four more characters, the final stone and call that the roster). We already got our confirmation for Firebrand and Dormammu, so that brings the roster up to 29 (not counting Sigma or Black Panther). So if that is the case, would that mean we could see one more get added to Marvel's side to make the final initial roster 30? Or will two more be added to take it to 32? And if two more will get added, who will the final two characters be?

We can probably assume that the last Capcom character probably would be the Hunter (just for the sake of at least having 3 new Capcom characters besides X and Jedah. Again not counting Sigma yet as DLC). Then for Marvel (according to the leaked lists), the last Marvel character that will get showcased will be Ghost Rider. Honestly if that does happen, it will be weird to see the Monster Hunter paired off with the rest of these guys (unless if they are honestly going to hold off on showing him off). Then we still have the DLC characters, to which I don't think we know of any other Capcom characters at the moment, but apparently we got the Marvel guys locked in.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself here or repeating what has been discussed already. Part of me is honestly curious to see how the final month before Infinite plays out and how much hype (and anti-hype) can be generated before the game launches. It does feel ironically how when we talk about the game, it keeps to kill the buzz, while watching the game in action speaks louder than words. I just want to see this succeed for the sake of some (hopefully) awesome DLC updates that could expand the roster out further.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Man, they should really do another release of MvC 2, except with good UI and properly upscaled graphics unlike the PS360 port.
I'm starting to wonder just how much more will they show off (or if they are seriously going to consider showing off four more characters, the final stone and call that the roster). We already got our confirmation for Firebrand and Dormammu, so that brings the roster up to 29 (not counting Sigma or Black Panther). So if that is the case, would that mean we could see one more get added to Marvel's side to make the final initial roster 30? Or will two more be added to take it to 32? And if two more will get added, who will the final two characters be?

We can probably assume that the last Capcom character probably would be the Hunter (just for the sake of at least having 3 new Capcom characters besides X and Jedah. Again not counting Sigma yet as DLC). Then for Marvel (according to the leaked lists), the last Marvel character that will get showcased will be Ghost Rider. Honestly if that does happen, it will be weird to see the Monster Hunter paired off with the rest of these guys (unless if they are honestly going to hold off on showing him off). Then we still have the DLC characters, to which I don't think we know of any other Capcom characters at the moment, but apparently we got the Marvel guys locked in.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself here or repeating what has been discussed already. Part of me is honestly curious to see how the final month before Infinite plays out and how much hype (and anti-hype) can be generated before the game launches. It does feel ironically how when we talk about the game, it keeps to kill the buzz, while watching the game in action speaks louder than words. I just want to see this succeed for the sake of some (hopefully) awesome DLC updates that could expand the roster out further.

yygtZ3F.png

This is probably the roster.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Defenders #4 is going to be out in two days so we will know who would be on final comic variant. I kinda find it exciting since we would able to put those comic beyond us eventually.

FinKL

Man, they should really do another release of MvC 2, except with good UI and properly upscaled graphics unlike the PS360 port.

yygtZ3F.png

This is probably the roster.

32 which was the original leaked roster count (I think I remember low 30's?)

I'd argue Thanos and Venom are new as literally everyone else is coming from MvC3.

Keits

Developer
32 which was the original leaked roster count (I think I remember low 30's?)

I'd argue Thanos and Venom are new as literally everyone else is coming from MvC3.

Agree. Thanos is completely all new. No returning moves, completely made from scratch.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Agree. Thanos is completely all new. No returning moves, completely made from scratch.

Thanos have some returning moves, iirc so partially of your statement isn't correct as well. Yes, he completely made from the scratch since it's his first appearance in modern versus games.

Thanos have some returning moves, iirc so partially of your statement isn't correct as well. Yes, he completely made from the scratch since it's his first appearance in modern versus games.

He has what looks to be his stomp from Marvel Super Heroes without the shockwave from back then.

Everything else looks entirely new.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I felt same thing with Venom and Thanos being new characters, and I can't wait to see what they are going to bring back from MVC2. I really hope they are going to bring balanced mix of MVC2 veterans, UMVC3 veterans and newcomers for Character Pass 2018.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He has what looks to be his stomp from Marvel Super Heroes without the shockwave from back then.

Everything else looks entirely new.

did you ever look at normal attacks? There are several returning normal attacks from MVC2. The attacks are very similar but with better animations.

7gVLZrp.png
BvzyhLn.png

FEEi16t.png
OW8Uugr.png

YBV9OoX.png
xVwAnDp.png

Keits

Developer
You are reaching. I'll give you the knee move, but the uppercut isn't even the same arm/posture.

Thanos counts as a 100% new character in my book. His gameplay is not at all similar to MSH or MvC2 Thanos, and I've spent a LOT of time with both.

Coda

Skyridge

Neo Member
I actually wish they HADN'T changed Thanos as much as they did. His old hyper combos were really cool. Now he just has generic-beam-super-but-at-an-angle, that weird aerial thing, and obligatory cinematic level 3.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You are reaching. I'll give you the knee move, but the uppercut isn't even the same arm/posture.

Thanos counts as a 100% new character in my book. His gameplay is not at all similar to MSH or MvC2 Thanos, and I've spent a LOT of time with both.

I never said that he doesn't count as new character. I'm saying that you are factually wrong about Thanos doesn't have any returning moves. And, I didn't say that their gameplay would be similar.

All I said, he actually have returning moves as you claimed he didn't. Also I added couple of pictures to the list as well.

SaikyoBro

I'm not very optimistic about any other MvC2 characters making a return. Venom is the clear fan-favorite and Thanos is a super important character at the moment, but other than that?

As far as the Capcom side goes I think Captain Commando is the only one who absolutely has a place in this game (should've been in 3 imo), he's definitely the most historically significant character on the Capcom side that didn't come back from 2. You see people mention Jin and Hayato a lot as well, which would be awesome fanservice characters, but now that we know how many characters were cut from 3 and how few newcomers we're getting I can't imagine they'd be any kind of priority. Like, there are probably at least 15-20 characters Capcom would rather put out first. I don't think obscure characters like this have a great shot at becoming DLC where they'd have to be marketed on their own, not unless this game has support for waaay longer than we're expecting.

On the Marvel side Gambit, Cyclops, Cable and Psylocke are the standouts, which would all be great choices if they weren't... uh... literally banned from being in the game. I imagine if/when the mutant ban is lifted they'd probably want to prioritize all the X-Men characters from 3 first, which I think will probably end up meaning that they don't ever end up in the game. :[

Yeah, when I was trying to think of 2 returning MVC2 characters from the Capcom side to go with Venom and Thanos...all I could come up with were Jin and CapCom. Maybe Bison and Captain Commando? I don't think Jin has a shot (if PXZ is any indication Hayato and June are more likely), and you'd have an MVC2 Capcom villain to pair against an MVC2 Marvel villain?

I would personally want Jin back over all of them though.

Skilletor

did you ever look at normal attacks? There are several returning normal attacks from MVC2. The attacks are very similar but with better animations.

He's also got the ground stomp. I think a couple of his crouching normals are the same.

I agree he's all new. Capcom tends to keep old animations of legacy characters as homage, imo. Makes a lot of sense with the team behind it.

SaikyoBro

Yeah, when I was trying to think of 2 returning MVC2 characters from the Capcom side to go with Venom and Thanos...all I could come up with were Jin and CapCom. Maybe Bison and Captain Commando? I don't think Jin has a shot (if PXZ is any indication Hayato and June are more likely), and you'd have an MVC2 Capcom villain to pair against an MVC2 Marvel villain?

I would personally want Jin back over all of them though.

Bison is a really good choice as well, I didn't really think of him since we've seen him in 3D already a few times but I always thought his design would fit in super well, especially with the changes they gave him in V. Honestly if we only end up with 3 SF characters either Nash or Bison would be my choice for the third.

Neoxon

Bison is a really good choice as well, I didn't really think of him since we've seen him in 3D already a few times but I always thought his design would fit in super well, especially with the changes they gave him in V. Honestly if we only end up with 3 SF characters either Nash or Bison would be my choice for the third.
I feel like Akuma or Rashid would be better choices for a third SF character, more so the latter.

I would have expected Shadaloo to have some sort of presence in the story, maybe Bison could be involved in the New Metro or (if it exists) Williamette/Mad Gear sections as a boss controlling symbiote soldiers/zombies.

hmm, if AIMBRELLA is a thing...then
ShadoHydra or Hydraloo?

Neoxon

I would have expected Shadaloo to have some sort of presence in the story, maybe Bison could be involved in the New Metro or (if it exists) Williamette/Mad Gear sections as a boss controlling symbiote soldiers/zombies.

hmm, if AIMBRELLA is a thing...then
ShadoHydra or Hydraloo?
Seeing as we have SFV Ryu, Shadaloo is probably gone. But if he still has the Satsui no Hado, maybe Shadaloo is still alive. Either way, I'd say that the Illuminati mixed with HYDRA would be a cooler concept.

Seeing as we have SFV Ryu, Shadaloo is probably gone. But if he still has the Satsui no Hado, maybe Shadaloo is still alive. Either way, I'd say that the Illuminati mixed with HYDRA would be a cooler concept.

Perhaps...

I had thought once to pair the Illuminati with Adam Warlock/The Magus' Universal Church of Truth, not that it would ever happen

dankir

Man..... I'm really tired of Zero, Mags, Doom, Morrigan, Vergil, etc.

I hope with the infinity stones everybody shines

Coda

Will Gamora be top tier? Who looks to be top tier at the moment?

Honestly hard to say who will be top tier in this game so far. The possibilities of scummy stuff between active switching crossups, combinations of stones and certain teams and just the general openness to the gameplay makes it hard to know. I think Gamora will be strong, it looks like she has plenty of tools and high mobility, but hard to say if she'll be top tier.

In case you didn't know, Spider-man has the Negative Zone as an alternate color. I really like that look so I'm happy.

That one image has been updated a bit, you can see it here. Some things still look iffy, inspiration-wise, though.

Do you think Capcom and Marvel would remove the black suit Spider-Man costume/color since Venom is in? I don't really think they would.

I wonder if Scarlet Spider will return as his alternate costume. Maybe they'll even give it color alts based on his newest look, the black scarlet spider look from the 90s, and maybe a Kaine-inspired color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom