• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't think it'll be grandmaster meio. He's too much of a nobody and I think they'd have deflected like they did with monster hunter if that was the case. They gotta start with characters who aren't in the story mode at all. Be a bad look if all of them are just pulled from the story.

because thats what they are worried about with this game, looking bad.

Dirtbag

What a huge letdown. Cant believe we still dont have a spidey villain after 3.
Cant get over this roster.

Who on earth would actually want Grandmaster Meio as a playable character

No one. But he has an animated model and seens a bit easier to fit on screen then the monster hunter reps and the NPC monster venom thing. I hate this game

Ryce

I'm going with Meio as the final Capcom DLC character. I doubt 5 of the 6 DLC characters are on the disc/in the .zip leak -- it's either all or nothing.

For what it's worth, I noticed in the new trailer that Meio isn't much larger than Hiryu or Gamora. He's been sized down to fit with the playable characters. He was practically three times as tall as Hiryu in the 2014 Strider game.

Jawmuncher

because thats what they are worried about with this game, looking bad.

I mean if you're digging your own grave there's a point you gotta stop and realize you're deep enough

I'm going with Meio as the final Capcom DLC character. I doubt 5 of the 6 DLC characters are on the disc/in the .zip leak -- it's either all or nothing.

For what it's worth, I noticed in the new trailer that Meio isn't much larger than Hiryu or Gamora. He's been sized down to fit with the playable characters. He was practically three times as tall as Hiryu in the 2014 Strider game.

If meio is a character then why not just reveal him already at the end of one the trailers. He's been shown off a lot. So it just seems odd the go later "oh he's DLC". They were pretty blunt about him being a NPC when they clarified all other roles in the trailers thus far.

tangled55

The disrespect of seeing that fake-ass "fastball special" with Hulk and Ryu to taunt the lack of Piotr and James in the story trailer.

How dare they. I have no words.

Ryce

If meio is a character then why not just reveal him already at the end of one the trailers. He's been shown off a lot. So it just seems odd the go later "oh he's DLC". They were pretty blunt about him being a NPC when they clarified all other roles in the trailers thus far.
This is Capcom. There's no point in trying to make sense of their decisions. Maybe they only want to reveal two of the DLC characters before release.

Jawmuncher

This is Capcom. There's no point in trying to make sense of their decisions. Maybe they only want to reveal two of the DLC characters before release.

Guess we'll see. I'd like a new DLC reveal at gamescom. Since it seems like Sigma and Panther might be able to make day one if not super close to it.

Anyone got a screen of Dante's face in the new trailer?

hqdefault.jpg

DrArchon

I mean, on the topic of Capcom looking bad, it'd be a terrible look for them to announce most of their year 1 DLC characters before the game is even out yet.

And again, I don't see them being above just straight up lying. They were pretty blunt about Ghost Rider not being able to work in Vanilla MvC3 and we all know how that turned out.

I mean, on the topic of Capcom looking bad, it'd be a terrible look for them to announce most of their year 1 DLC characters before the game is even out yet.

And again, I don't see them being above just straight up lying. They were pretty blunt about Ghost Rider not being able to work in Vanilla MvC3 and we all know how that turned out.

Didn't they lie about the number of Darkstalkers in MVC3? (I recently came upon an article saying that there would be no Darkstalkers characters after Morrigan and Felicia)

Jawmuncher

You know what. This might be the only toy. Might be a loop hole thing where this is under this gamer verse thing rather than MvC itself. The back of box I'd think would have more to show and people are starting to get them in their hands and it's the only set popping up on eBay.

_3oyk32.jpg

You know what. This might be the only toy. Might be a loop hole thing where this is under this gamer verse thing rather than MvC itself. The back of box I'd think would have more to show and people are starting to get them in their hands and it's the only set popping up on eBay.

_3oyk32.jpg

Well shoot. That stinks.

I wonder if there was a Frank West/Doctor Octopus situation with Ant-man and Monster Hunter. Perhaps Monster Hunter was paired up with Ant-Man until late into development Ant-Man had unresolvable technical difficulties and had to be cut and left MonHun with no character to pair up with, she had to be pushed back to DLC?

DR2K

Banned
So, do y'all think Thanos is gonna hijack the plot? With Death making an appearance, I would think Thanos would take centre stage at some point.

Which would make Capcom be Sigma, Hunter, ???

Lady. Female character, can reuse some of Dantes missing assets, and 2nd DMC rep.

DrArchon

I wonder if there was a Frank West/Doctor Octopus situation with Ant-man and Monster Hunter. Perhaps Monster Hunter was paired up with Ant-Man until late into development Ant-Man had unresolvable technical difficulties and had to be cut and left MonHun with no character to pair up with, she had to be pushed back to DLC?

Seeing as how Black Panther and Monster Hunter seem pretty intrinsically linked (stage, DLC, prequel comic) I'm betting that Monster Hunter was always going to be DLC.

Ryce

Seeing as how Black Panther and Monster Hunter seem pretty intrinsically linked (stage, DLC, prequel comic) I'm betting that Monster Hunter was always going to be DLC.
I'm not saying you're wrong about Hunter always being DLC, but Ultron and Sigma are more intrinsically linked than any other two characters in the game, and only one of them is DLC.

I still don't think Venom will be the S1 DLC character. I'm thinking Daredevil will be revealed as the second DLC this week.

I believe Black Panther's announcement was around the same time as his movie's 1st trailer

tribal24

Banned

_3oyk32.jpg

are these toys out officially?

They come out this month (nothing available when I search for it on Target.com so I guess its not available yet)

The pack is a part of the GamerVerse toyline....which so far only has that pack in its line (as far as I can tell)

so maybe we will see more, or maybe there will be more toys for other games.

SaikyoBro

I have a feeling before too long we'll see all 6 DLC characters shown off in a trailer together. Probably not GamesCom but not too long after the release date.

That's really just based on the trend of having larger gameplay reveal dumps. I can't really see individual or paired trailers (even though I'd prefer that). Maybe it'll be different since they're "all-new" but I don't know if they'd really care given that it appears the whole S1 cast will have a role in the story mode ala SFV.

The question now is if they'll have playable segments like in SFV? Maybe not since the Game Informer article doesn't mention any playable MH fights.

tribal24

Banned
I have a feeling before too long we'll see all 6 DLC characters shown off in a trailer together. Probably not GamesCom but not too long after the release date.

That's really just based on the trend of having larger gameplay reveal dumps. I can't really see individual or paired trailers (even though I'd prefer that). Maybe it'll be different since they're "all-new" but I don't know if they'd really care given that it appears the whole S1 cast will have a role in the story mode ala SFV.

The question now is if they'll have playable segments like in SFV? Maybe not since the Game Informer article doesn't mention any playable MH fights.

i can see this happening like a week after the game is launched. I hope sigma releases in September though

Dahbomb

Dante is going to job to Jedah and then Lady is going to come in and strap a nuke up Jedah's ass and then beat him. All according to keikaku.

Prep time Lady is over powered.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as far as we know, the theory for the dlc is still 2 in october, 2 in noveber, 2 in december right? going by the "these season pass characters will be out this year"?

Maybe we'll find out more at gamescom, but probably not lol.

Ironically, or sadly, or whatever the fuck, the roster would actually be somewhat decent with those 6 characters added in, assuming they are who we think they are from the zip leak.

Both numbers wise (36) and would round up the new characters to 12 which would be much more decent.

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

That's what we thought about MonHun and turns out he's a she.

actually there were a lot of people in this very thread saying it was very possible it would be a female, and even that female Rath is iconic to MH (I dont play MH so I dunno)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom