• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dormammu's level 3 was boring in MvC3. I doubt it will be worse here.

Other than that level 3, I think we've seen all of his stuff. Sad that 1D2C is weak looking now.

Giga Man

Jedah's laugh makes me want a Darkstalkers 4, and I haven't even played a game in the series before except a little bit of the first one. I just really love the character designs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
errr...have we seen this video? Its old, but its Combofiend and Yipes showing off some character moves and Combo talking about the moves... pretty much what we wanted Combo to be doing this whole fucking time >_>

Anyway it shows off how Cap's new parry works, shows off Thanos command normals which I had never seen, like he can shoot lasers from his eyes as a command normal.

Also shows that yellow fireball thing he shoots is actually a shield, if you do with LP its a fireball, but if you use heavy punch, its a bigger version that doesnt shoot out, but counters with a ounch of someone hits you.

Did we know this stuff? :eek:

Not sure if its been mentioned, but looking at the New Metro City Stage, Ken shows up in a background billboard squaring off against Iron Fist. Looks like it may be a 3D model, but it also looks like his SF2 incarnation. There's also Mike Haggar having a debate with J. Jonah Jameson.

errr...have we seen this video? Its old, but its Combofiend and Yipes showing off some character moves and Combo talking about the moves... pretty much what we wanted Combo to be doing this whole fucking time >_>

Anyway it shows off how Cap's new parry works, shows off Thanos command normals which I had never seen, like he can shoot lasers from his eyes as a command normal.

Also shows that yellow fireball thing he shoots is actually a shield, if you do with LP its a fireball, but if you use heavy punch, its a bigger version that doesnt shoot out, but counters with a ounch of someone hits you.

This was during E3 I believe.

Coda

Dormammu's level 3 was boring in MvC3. I doubt it will be worse here.

Other than that level 3, I think we've seen all of his stuff. Sad that 1D2C is weak looking now.

Boring really? I mean yeah it wasn't an attacking type of super but I still thought it was pretty cool, like Doctor Doom's level 3.

Durden77

Maaaannn Ghost Rider's new voice actor sucks so bad compared to the UMvC3 one. He was like maybe my favorite performance in the entire game in UMvC3. Was so god damn sick and sinister.

Now he's just like EAT CHAIN.

Boring really? I mean yeah it wasn't an attacking type of super but I still thought it was pretty cool, like Doctor Doom's level 3.
Yeah, I always found it underwhelming. He just kind of holds a blob, snaps it, and it's over. Definitely not my favorite level 3. But I was never bothered because his level 1s are some of the coolest in the game (well, they were).

Coda

Yeah, I always found it underwhelming. He just kind of holds a blob, snaps it, and it's over. Definitely not my favorite level 3. But I was never bothered because his level 1s are some of the coolest in the game (well, they were).

Yeah I guess conceptually it's kind of meh, but visually I thought it looked cool.

god damn dante looks sexy af

such a long way from crack head dante

He definitely looks way better and as my main, I'm glad. He still looks kind of goofy in his portrait artwork though, like some surfer dude or something. Most of the portrait artwork is awful honestly.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Nobody watches the Capcom-Unity streams ;_;

"[Thanos'] got an air dash now", see even Peter agrees that Thanos is not a new character. Y'all tripping!

god damn dante looks sexy af

such a long way from crack head dante

He still doesn't look that hot, imo.

Lulubop

Not sure if its been mentioned, but looking at the New Metro City Stage, Ken shows up in a background billboard squaring off against Iron Fist. Looks like it may be a 3D model, but it also looks like his SF2 incarnation. There's also Mike Haggar having a debate with J. Jonah Jameson.

Got a time stamp?

Forward

Gameplay wise this game is the polar opposite of SFV. One mechanic that prevents lame tactics and forces players to try and open opponents up doesn't change that, especially when you have four meters as opposed to one.

It cannot be the polar opposite, when it adopts identically similar mechanics. Chip death is an honest death, and an honest victory. Lame is magically ceasing to take damage from things that inflicted it, up until whatever threshold of smattering of pixels of life. Forcing players to try and open opponents up? Opened up - like that ~97% empty lifebar, opened up? Yeah, no. It is a lame, extraneous layer, that offers nothing good or compelling, to the gameplay. It is bad design. It is the epitome of bad design.

Lulubop

It cannot be the polar opposite, when it adopts identically similar mechanics. Chip death is an honest death, and an honest victory. Lame is magically ceasing to take damage from things that inflicted it, up until whatever threshold of smattering of pixels of life. Forcing players to try and open opponents up? Opened up - like that ~97% empty lifebar, opened up? Yeah, no. It is a lame, extraneous layer, that offers nothing good or compelling, to the gameplay. It is bad design. It is the epitome of bad design.

holy shit, what the hell are you talking about?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Got a time stamp?

h9TQhiH.png

Dahbomb

No chip kill thing isn't going to be super relevant in this game when supers are far more common than in SFV. It's the equivalent of using an EX move to chip out someone in SFV.

They generally had to nerf chip in this game in general because it is 2v2 (so losing a character to chip was going to feel real bad) and due to the tag system and space gems it's very, very easy to set up massive chip damage.

Imagine MVC3 Zero Sogenmu with Time Storm. He would chip you for 50% of your HP or more with 0 effort. No one actually wants to play a game like that.

And Marvel 3 already had a chip deterrent system in XF. No one complained about it because of how necessary it was. The game would've had even more set play situations where you would have to hold a chip set up and die without getting to play.

Seyavesh

no chip deaths sucks ass but also it's not even confirmed or anything so eh
if it's chip death in the air only then it's fine, but if it's none at all then it's just another thing that'll end up prolonging matches in really boring ways that kill the game pace while adding very little interesting to matches.

the amount of chip damage itself seems wildly fluctuate between builds but the most recent footage shows it at 20%-ish (down from 3's 30%) which is fine given the 2v2 nature of the game. it's enough to probably make keepaway usable as a strategy again now that there's some incentive in the person getting pelted to take risks in closing gaps/getting hits.

the meter mechanics will probably keep it as dead a gameplan but it holds some value now at the very minimum. if meter mechanics were the same as any other fg it'd just instantly make that strategy the best by miles and probably turn the game into a stale exchange of super->tag->mixups from fullscreen so it's one of those necessary evils given the other mechanics of the game.

as for chip deterrent... that's already existing in the game with no resources spent whatsoever- chip scaling kicks in super fast and hard. it's just another necessary evil given the timestone funtimes.

now only if they'd get rid of projectile reflect... then i wouldn't have to play beam characters exclusively

Astral Vision Time Storm Morrigan is probably going to be far worse than any X-Factor Morrigan in 3.

Worse as in making the opponent want to turn off the game, not worse as a character.

Keits

Developer
Astral Vision Time Storm Morrigan is probably going to be far worse than any X-Factor Morrigan in 3.

Worse as in making the opponent want to turn off the game, not worse as a character.

Except now there is a hard limit on how much chip you can take for each decision to block, so if the Morri player doesn't intentionally leave gaps that let you move or come in for a mixup, you can just block it out and only lose about 1 or 2 heavy punches worth of health.

shaowebb

Is there a quick reference list of all new moves, move changes and input changes added to returning cast? I could really use a single source list or vid this weekend at work to mull over ideas on break.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if they'd really pick Ken over Akuma. I can't imagine they'd put all 3 in the game

----

Also did the worlds merge or have they always been merged? Because stuff like a fight between Ken and iron fist or Haggar having an interview with JJJ seems like stuff they'd just have. Or they got REALLY used to the merge really fast

Sayad

Fuck yeah. Thanks Sayad and thanks dahbomb.

Edit. Hey wait... there's no section for the stuff I said about new moves, move changes, and specific per character input changes. That's what I'm after. Is there a list like that for the games returning cast?

Yea, sorry, miss read your post. >__<

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if they'd really pick Ken over Akuma. I can't imagine they'd put all 3 in the game

----

Also did the worlds merge or have they always been merged? Because stuff like a fight between Ken and iron fist or Haggar having an interview with JJJ seems like stuff they'd just have. Or they got REALLY used to the merge really fast

Story plot happened like 68 or 81 days after the world merged.

Coda

No chip kill is fine because you probably build meter quickly so it shouldn't be hard to just have a super stocked to chip kill. It's the best way to balance it IMO, no one wants to get lame chip killed by a projectile spammer.

Dahbomb

no chip deaths sucks ass but also it's not even confirmed or anything so eh
if it's chip death in the air only then it's fine, but if it's none at all then it's just another thing that'll end up prolonging matches in really boring ways that kill the game pace while adding very little interesting to matches.
No chip kills is a pseudo comeback mechanic which this game actually needs. It's going to suck ass when you are down a character and start getting chipped down when they have a full team and you don't.

You want to give the player the chance to always be in the game, not restart the match because they are down a character, Soul gem used and facing Zero spamming them with Sogenmu.

Coda

yeah comeback potential in this game actually seems pretty low lol, even with soul stone

I feel like given the way the damage scales and works in this game we won't see a lot of upsets anyway. I feel like they designed the game in a way that matches will be more close than upsets most of the time. Just my prediction though from all the gameplay video's we've seen so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
but... Ant Man shrinking doesnt mean the other characters can shrink...
If we're working off the MCU version of Ant-Man, he certainly has tools that can do that, as well as make you bigger.

But yeah, as a stage it probably wouldn't work unless he enlarged the entire area, which is possible, but a stretch.

MrCarter

Has anyone noticed that when the "DANGER" signal appears after taking a lot of damage and near death your partner encourages you to switch out or keep at it? I heard:

Chris Redfield: "Warning! Get outta there!"

Dante: "Be careful!"

Nice little touches.

Grakl

Has anyone noticed that when the "DANGER" signal appears after taking a lot of damage and near death your partner encourages you to switch out or keep at it? I heard:

Nice little touches.

I hope Firebrand goes KAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW

Looks like Dormammu calls each stone something other than Power, Soul, Space, Reality, Mind, or Time

I wonder who else would make more sense doing that. Hulk, maybe?

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Nice little touches.

Yeah, noticed that back during the... E3 build? There's multiple lines the characters can say. Ultron says something to the effect of not wanting to get blamed for the other characters failures or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom