• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bored at work so rewatching the latest Max stream, I made the mistake of looking at the chat and all the stream monsters are talking about Morrigan's ass, and now I cant unsee it lol >_<

What's up with her ass?

its...well modeled lets say :3

Also I was watching his DBZF earlier, dude is so natural on the mic, very pleasant. I need to start watching more Max stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone brought up why use Unreal 4 for this and not just MT Frameworks, and now im wondering the same. Like, we keep saying it reuses all the assets, and it does, but they actually have to convert all that shit from one engine to the other engine, I wonder how hard / consuming that is. Im not defending it as a reason why the roster is small btw, Im just wondering why even do it in the first place, dont you have to PAY to use Unreal 4?

Jawmuncher probably knows this, was RE7 also Unreal 4? Maybe they had trouble using MT Frameworks working on XBONE / PS4? Otherwise I just dont get it?

Morrigan and firebrand are in a battle for the best ass in the game.

this is what the stream monsters were saying LOL

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That's final build, actually, not Gamescom. Gamescom doesn't have all those options in the CSS.
someone brought up why use Unreal 4 for this and not just MT Frameworks, and now im wondering the same. Like, we keep saying it reuses all the assets, and it does, but they actually have to convert all that shit from one engine to the other engine, I wonder how hard / consuming that is. Im not defending it as a reason why the roster is small btw, Im just wondering why even do it in the first place, dont you have to PAY to use Unreal 4?

Jawmuncher probably knows this, was RE7 also Unreal 4? Maybe they had trouble using MT Frameworks working on XBONE / PS4? Otherwise I just dont get it?

this is what the stream monsters were saying LOL
RE7BH uses their new proprietary engine, the RE Engine.

And it can't be troubles with MT Framework since they've ported multiple MT Framework games to PS4/XBOne

JayEH

Was the change in actors deliberate or do we think this game got affected by the voice actor strike?

This game isn't being striked against. The capcom side is mostly the same with I think only Chun li being replaced because Laura Bailey was busy with UC and injustice. Marvel side switches are to match them with current cartoon voices.

Skab

That's final build, actually, not Gamescom. Gamescom doesn't have all those options in the CSS.

RE7BH uses their new proprietary engine, the RE Engine.

Not only that, but Monster Hunter World is on MT Framework.

Three different engines in use at Capcom right now.

Rhaknar

so, again, maybe MT Frame just didnt work well on the new systems? I mean it was a old engine right? I remember Lost Planet on the 360 was a MT Frameworks game.

Meh who knows /shrug

nevermind then...lol >_<

now im wondering what engine REmake 2 is using... if that game is even real.

its not, its vaporware.

Munch on suicide watch.

JayEH

Phanta rhei was supposed to replace MT but that bombed so I guess they were scrambling at the time to find a replacement for their upcoming games and UE4 has tons of Japanese support.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Oh, man, I haven't been keeping up with MonHun news so I didn't know that. MT Framework yet lives!

Seriously, that engine is composed entirely of black magic. It's a shame that all the documentation is in Japanese or Capcom could probably make a pretty penny lending it out.

Phanta rhei was supposed to replace MT but that bombed so I guess they were scrambling at the time to find a replacement for their upcoming games and UE4 has tons of Japanese support.

UE4 is relatively easy to use and has real good documentation, so if this is really being developed by relative newbies like some rumours say, it's be a good engine to use.

Skab

UE4 has been the go to engine for fighters recently. Not sure why. SF5, Marvel Infinite, DBFZ, and Tekken 7 all use it. (and the mobile version of Injustice 2)

JayEH

Oh, man, I haven't been keeping up with MonHun news so I didn't know that. MT Framework yet lives!

Seriously, that engine is composed entirely of black magic. It's a shame that all the documentation is in Japanese or Capcom could probably make a pretty penny lending it out.

Oh yeah I forgot the Japanese only thing...UE4 would make it easier to outsource...

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Neoxon

Was the change in actors deliberate or do we think this game got affected by the voice actor strike?
What JayEH said...
This game isn't being striked against. The capcom side is mostly the same with I think only Chun li being replaced because Laura Bailey was busy with UC and injustice. Marvel side switches are to match them with current cartoon voices.

Rhaknar

who is doing the OT btw? Anyone step up yet? im not offering because im way too lazy, I'm just wondering.

Rhaknar

I don't understand why they made the graphics of Dormammu so similar to MvC 3...

Not-Sure-If-Fry-Meme-Gif.gif

SaikyoBro

I doubt it has any bearing on whether he makes it in or not, but does anyone have any cool ideas for how Phoenix Wright's normals would be split between punches and kicks? All he really has in 3 are his papers for standing normals and searching on the ground for crouching normals.

I'm honestly kind of stumped. All I could really think of is maybe making his punch attacks normal gestures (his investigation mode H attack, maybe a super fast finger point for his jab) and his kicks paper attacks? I feel like honestly if he comes back they'll just make all of his normals paper attacks, but that would feel kind of weird when other characters have them thematically split between punches and kicks (Dante's punches use his sword and his kicks use his guns, for example).

It's similar, but it's clearly been rerecorded.

Darkstalkers 3
MvCI
I'm aware, I'm just amazed at how close they are.

At first I didn't like Urien's VA because I didn't think his voice was that close to his 3S VA, but then I heard him yell "AEGIS REFLECTOR" and fell in love. Same thing happened here.

Remember a month ago when I said I didn't like Jedah's voice?

Jawmuncher

UE4 is relatively easy to use and has real good documentation, so if this is really being developed by relative newbies like some rumours say, it's be a good engine to use.

Definitely better than the unity they forced those poor saps to use for Umbrella Chronicles

Rhaknar

in the max video jedah has almost no life and advance guard dorm's super and still survived that's why i was wondering. must do very little chip then.

I got you fam

also Max said in the stream the game has a Guts style system, like GG, where the lower your health, the less damage you take.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I actually really like the diminishing returns for chip. It's a simple concept that works wonders for survivability against character that might trap you with projectiles and stuff. Looking at you Zero/Morrigan.

BossRush

Picking a gem for certain teams is gonna be rough. They all have pretty good benefits and at the moment none really stick out as being better than the others.

Though I will say I assume Time and maybe Soul will have the most amount of depth you can get out of them, followed by reality.

Rhaknar

that Jedah super that seems to have global range is scary because you can combo after you pop out of the ground :eek:

Rhaknar

oh that Max video has different stuff from the stream. It has the Green Cap / Gold Utron v Jedah / Dormammu match that Max skipped on the stream.

And speaking of, the Power Stone storm is FUCKED, you cant push block while on it, Ultron was doing some mad rushdown with a almost dead Dorm, Dorm kept pushblocking but, well nothing happened, Ultron stayed on him.

The game has so much dirty bullshit, jesus christ. Also, is it me or did they bump up the speed? The game looks so fucking fast now.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
oh that Max video has different stuff from the stream. It has the Green Cap / Gold Utron v Jedah / Dormammu match that Max skipped on the stream.

And speaking of, the Power Stone storm is FUCKED, you cant push block while on it, Ultron was doing some mad rushdown with a almost dead Dorm, Dorm kept pushblocking but, well nothing happened, Ultron stayed on him.

The game has so much dirty bullshit, jesus christ.

All the Storms are some kind of broken, it's real fun.

Ew. Really? No chip death except from Hypers? Shades of SFV... so much shade...
Gameplay wise this game is the polar opposite of SFV. One mechanic that prevents lame tactics and forces players to try and open opponents up doesn't change that, especially when you have four meters as opposed to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom