• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Here's what I'm thinking based on what I've seen...

You get 1 "free" OTG per combo, where you can scoop up a character in a hard knockdown state on the ground with any move that will hit them.

You get 1 spike bounce after using your spike move after an air combo. This bounce is smaller than normal, but allows you to combo using most regular moves.

The 1 regular ground bounce and 1 regular wall bounce rules per combo still apply (except for Power Stone Surge).

Some moves still have the capacity to straight up OTG. Moves like Strider's Satellite, Dante's startup to beehive, ect. These moves can continue to actually pick people up off of the ground similar to UMvC3 when they are in a hard knockdown state there are no more "free" OTGs.

I THINK that's how it goes, but not positive. It's weird though, because even with all the new additions to the system, it seems like if it is this way, the game would still eventually lean more towards characters with the capacity to straight up OTG, which it seems like they were trying to avoid by adding all these new mechanics to the system to help characters that can't.

Yes.

Basically the universal OTG is not the same as an OTG move. OTG moves can continually pick people up until the hit stun deterioration runs out and they flip out.

Linari

Neo Member
Has anyone noticed that the hitstun scaling might be based on damage now?

KBR said something similar from what he tested. It might be true cause I saw Tyrant try to combo after a raw Zero's Level 3 super with Dante and it dropped immediately, granted he didn't try it again.

They really don't want TODs in this game lol.

Dahbomb

Has anyone noticed that the hitstun scaling might be based on damage now?

KBR said something similar from what he tested. It might be true cause I saw Tyrant try to combo after a raw Zero's Level 3 super with Dante and it dropped immediately, granted he didn't try it again.

They really don't want TODs in this game lol.
Poole don't know enough about the scaling in the game yet to make any comments. For the longest time we didn't know that hitstun in Marvel 3 also involved a timer of sorts.

It's probably there to try and get rid of excessively long combos since that was a valid complaint in the last game. Finding optimal combos will still matter since a reset into one of those will likely take that character out. The game will get a lot faster when the community is able to reset into optimal and low resource combos consistently.

Discord dude said online is like GGPO because they are using PSN/XBLA servers and not Capcom's inhouse servers. So buttery smooth.

He also said because Capcom uses their Korean-based ones, that's kinda why SFV has shitty netcode. If they were to use Steam/PSN/basically have better servers, the netcode would be ace.
Netcode has absolutely nothing to do with matchmaking servers. Who's hosting what makes no difference in the match.

They probably fixed the void issue SFV had if it's really as good as GGPO.

vg260

So, is Capcom not going to detail the DLC pricing before the game comes out?

How the heck can people make informed purchase decisions otherwise? (I know the answer, but just asking out of frustration).

I canceled my order, but would re-purchase some version if I knew the value of the DLC and season pass contents.

I still have a hard time believing they're charging $4 per costume individually if they're giving 2 of them away with the standard edition pre-order. It's the only sliver of hope I have that they're not gouging at $4 a pop, despite my gut telling me otherwise. Their pre-order DLC has never really had that high of a value, and usually only about $4. That would mean they're giving $8 and $16 worth of content for preordering. Seems high for Capcom. I'm holding out hope that maybe they'll be selling $4 for a pair of costumes, one marvel and one Capcom.

That doesn't explain the $3.99 suggested price for the Superior Spider-Man movie promo, though. Charging for a $4 for a Spider-Man skin is absurd considering he's about the most simplistic skin you could make where it's literally just a skin texture with no added geometry.

Dahbomb

Informed purchasing decisions.. in 2017? Nah son.. just blindly pre order shit like a pleb. That's what they want you to do.

Don't know what's in the season pass? That's part of the surprise!! It's like buying a wrapped box and you don't know what's in it!!!

JeTmAn81

So the season pass is still unavailable for purchase separately, right? Wonder how long that will last. I don't want to buy the characters individually and the deluxe edition is a ripoff compared to the $40 I'm paying for regular.

Skilletor

So the season pass is still unavailable for purchase separately, right? Wonder how long that will last. I don't want to buy the characters individually and the deluxe edition is a ripoff compared to the $40 I'm paying for regular.

I think you can buy it on Amazon for PS4/XB1, but don't see it for steam yet.

kirblar

Same thing's happening with South Park: FBH. I think it's deliberate.

Jawmuncher

Yeah they purposefully hold off until release to get people so they think they're getting a deal. If is like RE7 the season pass itself will be on sale before all the characters are even out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah they purposefully hold off until release to get people so they think they're getting a deal. If is like RE7 the season pass itself will be on sale before all the characters are even out

Game is 60. DE is 90

Season passes are 30. Like its not fucking rocket science.

vg260

I don't think 3.99 is that bad for a costume besides if it's like SFV all the costumes for Capcom will be tacky shit anyway.

It is absolutely a bad price. Look at how much costumes cost last gen. It's about a 4x increase.

In UMvC3 for example, a bundle of four or five costumes was $4. The value pack for 48 costumes was $20.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I apologize if this was already brought up, but the fact that Grandmaster Meio has been shown constantly kinda makes me doubt the possibility of him being in Season 1. Take Monster Hunter for example, she hasn't been shown in any of the promotional material yet she's all but guaranteed to be amongst the Season 1 characters. You'd think that Capcom would hold back on showing so much of Meio if he was actually in Season 1.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it as usual, but it's just something I noticed. Again, if I'm late to the punch on this, I'm sorry.
I mentioned it a while ago but people didn't seem to care and prefer to believe that all 6 have to be from the story over several pieces of conflicting evidence for Meio. Again, mere exposure effect in action.

Not really. Alex was in TvC but not SFIV. Gill very nearly made the cut for UMvC3 without being playable in SFIV.
Means nothing. You, me, and my grandmother almost made the cut for UMvC3.

It is absolutely a bad price. Look at how much costumes cost last gen. It's about a 4x increase.

In UMvC3 for example, a bundle of four or five costumes was $4. The value pack for 48 costumes was $20.

Full DLC characters in SFxT were less than $2 each. Everyone sh*t on SFxT.

SF5 has a system that allows you to earn stuff (including story costumes) for free. Everyone sh*t on SF5 FM.

So, now we live in a world where ArcSys can charge 8 dollars per character, there's no FM system in MvCi, and costumes are $4 with no option to unlock any of them for free.

This is the future what we fought for.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

SF5 has a system that allows you to earn stuff (including story costumes) for free. Everyone sh*t on SF5 FM.

So, now we live in a world where ArcSys can charge 8 dollars per character, there's no FM system in MvCi, and costumes are $4 with no option to unlock any of them for free.

yeah saw Jubei for 8€ today and was like "whoa Arc...I know the game is 2D and thats expensive but damn ;_;"

Astarte

Didn't people shit on SFxT's dlc characters because they were already on the disc and actually playable but were timelocked for the vita version's release

JayEH

Don't realize what you're missing until it's gone...

Oh, I didn't know that I only really got into fighting games with SFV. You're right compared to how it used to be it is pretty terrible I was wrong.

Neoxon

I mentioned it a while ago but people didn't seem to care and prefer to believe that all 6 have to be from the story over several pieces of conflicting evidence for Meio. Again, mere exposure effect in action.
To be fair, neither Venom or Winter Soldier are in the story, but we're all convinced that they're in Season 1. I think it's the fact that Meio was in the .zip leak with the others that's convincing a good chunk of the thread that he's the last Capcom character in S1.

vg260

AND you could buy SFxT costumes for $1 a piece.

but..."on-disc" DLC right? I mean surely, Black Panther and Sigma are "incomplete" and not just sitting around waiting to be released.

I mean I hated the concept of gems, but the amount of content you got with the base package was huge, and DLC pricing is super cheap compared to this gen's games.

Yet somehow knowing the data was on the disc rather than kept secret on their servers was the most important thing. Ignorance is bliss. Capcom learned the right lesson. (sigh).

However, the pricing on SFV costumes still sucks though, and I still don't buy that's what they have to charge. I think it's what they can get away with due to perception, and look at what we may be getting for pricing in this game for those defending it. So, lump that in too.

Durden77

So do you guys think it's worth it to pre-order the digital version that comes with the DLC?

I mean I'm getting it. I want it digital because I want it always on my PS4, and I want all the characters and those costumes. And I wanna support the game. But you do you.

As far as the costume prices go, yeah it's steep at 3.99$ (although like the other poster says there's still hope that they may be cheaper), but forgive me if I'm part of the problem and I don't care that much. I know regardless of if I buy costumes I'm going to play this game more and get more enjoyment and value out of my 90$ than I will for pretty much any other game on my PS4 besides maybe SFV. Pretty much I'd like to support it in anyway possible to keep the support for the game coming. If I put 300 hours into a game and eventually decide to buy a 3.99$ costume for a character that I love, I don’t really have a problem with that.

Ryce

Means nothing. You, me, and my grandmother almost made the cut for UMvC3.
I'm just saying that there's no rule against characters appearing in the Vs. series and not the latest Street Fighter. Alex alone proves that. And Gill wasn't merely a consideration like hundreds of other characters were -- Niitsuma said that he was almost included in UMvC3, but the team decided to go with Nemesis instead at the last minute. They didn't care that Gill wasn't in SFIV.

vg260

I mean I'm getting it. I want it digital because I want it always on my PS4, and I want all the characters and those costumes. And I wanna support the game. But you do you.

As far as the costume prices go, yeah it's steep at 3.99$ (although like the other poster says there's still hope that they may be cheaper), but forgive me if I'm part of the problem and I don't care that much. I know regardless of if I buy costumes I'm going to play this game more and get more enjoyment and value out of my 90$ than I will for pretty much any other game on my PS4 besides maybe SFV. Pretty much I'd like to support it in anyway possible to keep the support for the game coming. If I put 300 hours into a game and eventually decide to buy a 3.99$ costume for a character that I love, I don’t really have a problem with that.

I get the idea, but at what point do you draw the line $5 a costume? $6? $10?

I'm happy to support the game with a purchase as long as the value seems reasonable, but it's hard to justify the a massive % price increase, especially if you dabble with many characters.

Jawmuncher

I figure the high pricing if they decide to keep $3.99 per costume is so they can push stuff like "Get Season 2 with 6 character's and 3 costumes" to push the value side of things.
Seems at this point capcom likes to price individually DLC pretty highly so if you're like "Well I just want 2 costumes" they add up to the point where you'll go "Well i'll just buy X pack".

I wouldn't say anyone fought for higher pricing.

Everyone shit on SfxT becuse before the final patch it was kinda shit and the on-disc fiasco. No one shit on the game for having $2 dollar DLC.

People complained about SFV for the numerous reasons and until they patched it. You were only getting FM from Ranked Matches and one time through story mode (Though this wasn't too bad if you played it smart and bought the season pass for chartacters and used fight money). Regardless once they gave more options to obtain FM that didn't consist of just playing Ranked for hours on end no one really complained about the fight money.

Blaz Blue has always had high pricing. I remember even back with MVC3 people complained about Jill and Shuma pricing. BB is ignored since at the end of the day it's niche for a fighter. If Arc Sys tries that shit for DBZF you'll see a ton of complaining there.

As for what is going on with MVC pricing who knows. We don't know for certain that 3.99 is for all costumes. I don't know what the norm is but with SFV the one costume bundle on sale I see averages out to basically 2 bucks per costume for 16 characters.

IMO 3 isn't good. But would be better. 4 bucks a costume for one character starts to enter premium tier stuff like the Injustice 2 skins.

Rhaknar

im not saying it is, but it could be a case where Superior Spidey has different voice lines and those spider legs on the back and shit, it could be more than just a reskin.

$4 would still be too expensive tho lol.

I am getting this for $40...but...I'm tempted to do what you are doing as well. I really hate digital, but I want access to this at all times...

Jawmuncher

im not saying it is, but it could be a case where Superior Spidey has different voice lines and those spider legs on the back and shit, it could be more than just a reskin.

$4 would still be too expensive tho lol.

If it has new voice and such. It at least kind of gives reasoning to the higher price.

-----

I forgot there was Summer Skins for SFV.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/691300/Street_Fighter_V__2016_Summer_Costume_Bundle/

I can't imagine the costume pricing being higher than what is listed here.
Which is 6 costumes for $12 bucks and capcom themselves even lists them as premium.

That evens out with the battle costumes which is 16 costumes for $30
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4...V__Original_Characters_Battle_Costume_1_Pack/

MVCI pricing shouldn't be higher than SFV. So I think the case of $4 spider-man skin is to push people to preorder the HD movie and/or it's a extra premium skin.

On a different note, is there a guide for Marvel games in general? After getting pounded last night in UMVC3 I realized I didn't know shit beyond a few combos and getting lucky to get in. I lost all my mojo from years ago, so I need to start from scratch again.

I wouldn't say anyone fought for higher pricing.

Everyone shit on SfxT becuse before the final patch it was kinda shit. No one shit on the game for having $2 dollar DLC.

People complained about SFV for the numerous reasons and until they patched it. You were only getting FM from Ranked Matches and one time through story mode (Though this wasn't too bad if you played it smart and bought the season pass for chartacters and used fight money). Regardless once they gave more options to obtain FM that didn't consist of just playing Ranked for hours on end no one really complained about the fight money.

Blaz Blue has always had high pricing. I remember even back with MVC3 people complained about Jill and Shuma pricing. BB is ignored since at the end of the day it's niche for a fighter. If Arc Sys tries that shit for DBZF you'll see a ton of complaining there.

As for what is going on with MVC pricing who knows. We don't know for certain that 3.99 is for all costumes. I don't know what the norm is but with SFV the one costume bundle on sale I see averages out to basically 2 bucks per costume for 16 characters.

IMO 3 isn't good. But would be better. 4 bucks a costume for one character starts to enter premium tier stuff like the Injustice 2 skins.

Waaait people still complain about FM. We just had a topic about how people DIDN'T want to play the game to earn shit. I agree that earning FM is still painful, but nowhere near as bad as it was and is still a preferable method.

Regardless of BB being a niche fighter or not, bad DLC is bad DLC. Companies shouldn't get a pass just because they are smaller. In other genres, games get dragged for doing stupid shit like having a glitchy game. Even indie titles get it for flipping assets. Arc changed their policy for GG, so the same sort of complaints should be levyed at BB games so the change happens there.

But costume skins are getting crazy. DLC is getting crazy. I feel like it's being used to make up the cost of sales. Which sucks, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom