• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkfla87

I don't think gil will be in this, he's not a bad choice tho

Yeah I would actually like having Gill in this. If I can't get Urien I'll take him instead lol. I expect characters that people really clamor for to be season 2 dlc, in a method of reigniting the interest of people who've might have taken a break as the lifespan goes on.

that would mean they use Steam on...err...Steam.

edit: holy SHIT at Max's rig O_O no wonder his streams and shit are such high quality #superjelly

q7nqBUb.gif

Yeah basically. For sfv if al they have to do is get better servers maybe that'll come in the new update who knows. But marvel being buttery is good times. Just hope it stays that way on and past release.

DR2K

Banned
Darkest timeline: Meio or Gill are the potential DLC characters

I can understand adding another SF rep, but not Gill. He wasn't even worth adding in any version of SFIV, all the cross overs of that gen, and even SFV. So it would be rather odd.

Ryce

I can understand adding another SF rep, but not Gill. He wasn't even worth adding in any version of SFIV, all the cross overs of that gen, and even SFV. So it would be rather odd.
It's not that he "wasn't worth" adding in SFIV, it's that he serves a very specific purpose in the lore, and he can't just be thrown in like an ordinary character. He's the leader of the Illuminati and the main villain of an entire Street Fighter subseries. The story of a mainline Street Fighter would need to be tailored around him. The Vs. series doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Neoxon

What Ryce said...
It's not that he "wasn't worth" adding in SFIV, it's that he serves a very specific purpose in the lore, and he can't just be thrown in like an ordinary character. He's the leader of the Illuminati and the main villain of an entire Street Fighter subseries. The story of a mainline Street Fighter would need to be tailored around him. The Vs. series doesn't have to worry about any of that.
...plus we're not even at the end of SFV's DLC support, yet. Remember, SFV is gonna be getting DLC characters until the end of 2020 (minimum). As for the Illuminati, SFV is already setting the stage for the Illuminati to take back the spotlight after the fall of Shadaloo, plus we now have a militia-like organization to oppose them (Neo-Shadaloo, led by Ed).

DR2K

Banned

Well there's has been a perfect opportunity in V to add him.

Neoxon

Not really. Gill very nearly made the cut for UMvC3, and he wasn't playable in SFIV.
Exactly, & Gill wouldn't be the first potential MvCI character who almost got in UMvC3 (see X). If anything, it increases the chances of us getting other cut UMvC3 characters in MvCI like Miles Morales & Gene going forward if we get Gill.

Who says that they won't in the future? SFV support is still going, & we have at least another 3 years of SFV DLC to look forward to.

DR2K

Banned
Exactly, & Gill wouldn't be the first potential MvCI character who almost got in UMvC3 (see X). If anything, it increases the chances of us getting other cut UMvC3 characters in MvCI like Miles Morales & Gene going forward if we get Gill.

Who says that they won't in the future? SFV support is still going, & we have at least another 3 years of SFV DLC to look forward to.

I can't speak for what hasn't come yet. But if adding him is a matter of lore, he should have been in the base roster.

Neoxon

I can't speak for what hasn't come yet. But if adding him is a matter of lore, he should have been in the base roster.
To be fair, Urien's Season 1 DLC & Kolin's Season 2 (though we were supposed to get Kolin in the base roster).

Also, something I noticed, Gill's English voice actor in SFV is Liam O'Brien, the same VA as Doctor Strange (& Asura, if he ever gets in).

Jawmuncher

I still the TvC as the exception rather than the rule. Cut character's don't mean much since they're cut character's and so far none of the cut character's we know of have made it to the game still.

Ryce

For SFV? He wouldn't fit in the base roster. The story is about the fall of Shadaloo, where M. Bison is the main villain. Gill would be a distraction.

sinkfla87

Gil would be confusing. He's both red and blue, I mean, which side is he even on

Just saw this. Why, he would be at the very top with an uneven character select box with each half overlapping the correct color obviously! Haha. Just turn him into fucking MvC series personified. MarCom! With the head of Cap, the torso of Morrigan, Left arm of Iron Man, Right arm of Ryu, Left leg of Chun Li and right leg of MODOK.

NEO0MJ

Still seems odd for a SF character to get into MVC:I before SFV.

GIll actually makes more sense than any other character. He's supposed to be broken strong in his own world, so much so that they preferred to go through the trouble of making Urien to make his moveset playable rather than make a nerfed version of him.

Just saw this. Why, he would be at the very top with an uneven character select box with each half overlapping the correct color obviously! Haha. Just turn him into fucking MvC series personified. MarCom! With the head of Cap, the torso of Morrigan, Left arm of Iron Man, Right arm of Ryu, Left leg of Chun Li and right leg of MODOK.
Ass of Captain Marvel, chest of Haggar.

Neoxon

For SFV? He wouldn't fit in the base roster. The story is about the fall of Shadaloo, where M. Bison is the main villain. Gill would be a distraction.
Even Urien didn't have much screen-time in the story, which actually fits his character at that point in the timeline since the Illuminati was still working from the shadows.

Ryce

S1 DLC characters are playable in the story mode, and S2 DLC characters are brand new to the series (with the exception of Akuma). There really hasn’t been an opportunity to add Gill yet. That doesn’t mean he won’t appear at some point in the future.

DR2K

Banned

At the end he's revealed as the next villain. Yet still... nothing.

S1 DLC characters are playable in the story mode, and S2 DLC characters are brand new to the series (with the exception of Akuma). There really hasn’t been an opportunity to add Gill yet. That doesn’t mean he won’t appear at some point in the future.

He could very well be added into both games. I just don't think Capcom views this characters inclusion that high up of a priority than the 50 other SF reps that have come and gone. Which is why I find him an odd inclusion.

Ryce

At the end he's revealed as the next villain. Yet still... nothing.
"Next" being the key word. The events of SFV haven't moved far enough into the future yet for Gill to be a major player. The S2 character stories take place during and shortly after the story mode.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It was during the spring press release, I'm sure.

Yup, but someone in the discord who got uerly game said online was pretty smooth (Rollback) and the connection is way better than SFV (but again not many people online so no stress on the server), we would unlock the colors for characters by playing online

Edited: Lobby is like KOF14

Jawmuncher

I almost bought the PS4 CE since it was at walmart for $110 (120 with tax). Then I remembered I don't like the character's who got figurines and didn't need the easter egg gems.

Ryce

M.O.D.O.K.'s non-playable model looks on par with the rest of the cast, and he already has an MvC3 move set to "port" (I know it's not that simple) over. There's no excuse for him to not be DLC.

Damnit. I thought this was about MvCI and was confused about when they announced Season 2.

Jawmuncher

M.O.D.O.K.'s non-playable model looks on par with the rest of the cast, and he already has an MvC3 move set to "port" (I know it's not that simple) over. There's no excuse for him to not be DLC.

Well I mean his non-playable model is a lot bigger than it was in MVC3 from the look of it

I apologize if this was already brought up, but the fact that Grandmaster Meio has been shown constantly kinda makes me doubt the possibility of him being in Season 1. Take Monster Hunter for example, she hasn't been shown in any of the promotional material yet she's all but guaranteed to be amongst the Season 1 characters. You'd think that Capcom would hold back on showing so much of Meio if he was actually in Season 1.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it as usual, but it's just something I noticed. Again, if I'm late to the punch on this, I'm sorry.

Yeah, I've thought similarly

You know, maybe the entire leak list from "SeraphimWing" on twitter was complete lies EXCEPT for the only point of his post being that Gill was in fact the third character (and possibly Venom, Bucky, and MonHun being the rest of S1, but I'm not sure about that one) I mean, that name is pretty telling.

I'd rather have Meio, personally

Durden77

has anyone figured out the rules for otg yet? I've seen a few combos that used 2 otgs not from spikes or ground bounces

Here's what I'm thinking based on what I've seen...

You get 1 "free" OTG per combo, where you can scoop up a character in a hard knockdown state on the ground with any move that will hit them.

You get 1 spike bounce after using your spike move after an air combo. This bounce is smaller than normal, but allows you to combo using most regular moves.

The 1 regular ground bounce and 1 regular wall bounce rules per combo still apply (except for Power Stone Storm).

Some moves still have the capacity to straight up OTG. Moves like Strider's Satellite, Dante's startup to beehive, ect. These moves can continue to actually pick people up off of the ground similar to UMvC3 when they are in a hard knockdown state and there are no more "free" OTGs.

I THINK that's how it goes, but not positive. It's weird though, because even with all the new additions to the system, it seems like if it is this way, the game would still eventually lean more towards characters with the capacity to straight up OTG, which it seems like they were trying to avoid by adding all these new mechanics to the system to help characters that can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom