• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if they do add Goblin, they can even pretend its remote bombs goblin is using on spidey when you use the lvl 3 against goblin, nothing in spidey's dialogue sugests otherwise right?

edit: actually he says, at least it one of the voice lines, "Gobby, crashing into someone else's party is bad form" so that one wouldnt work hmmm

There are like 5 different named Goblins, and in a recent comic he had his own army of them. And he's used doubles before. It shouldn't matter.

Otherwise, the Goblin in-game could be Harry for instance.

Goblin's level 3 would probably be the Glider impalement that very rarely seems to work out well for him

6d42957271881012f4de9a783e3a8d4d6eb507f4_hq.jpg

Though, I do like the "throw opponent's close friend/love interest off a bridge" for the sheer absurdity of it. Though I don't think it would work. Maybe he'd throw the opponent off a bridge. Its really his thing.

Same goes for
Cloning them, and using the cloned character as an assist like Firebrand

spidey tried to dive through the window to escape!
https://youtu.be/hsvUNQyWFhw?t=1m16s
Lol
Goblin's level 3 would probably be the Glider impalement that very rarely seems to work out well for him

Though, I do like the "throw opponent's close friend/love interest off a bridge" for the sheer absurdity of it. Though I don't think it would work. Maybe he'd throw the opponent off a bridge. Its really his thing.

Same goes for
Cloning them, and using the cloned character as an assist like Firebrand
Gwen clone when?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no more stuff from that dude with the game?

Dafoe would be the greatest thing ever but that's never going to happen.

Mark Hamil would be nice, but that's only a bit more likely

Steve Blum's Goblin is pretty awesome. I'd want him to voice Goblin in here

How was the Ultimate guy? Never saw him.

Rhaknar

so who are the odds on favorites to voice the dlc characters that we know about (Sigma, Panther) and the ones we suspect (at least Hunter and Venom)?

Rhaknar

holy SHIT what is that full screen OTG loop clock is doing with strider??!?!?!

yup saw that yesterday, shit is ridiculous

We know Sigma's, Panther's and Monster Hunter's VAs.

EDIT:
Sigma is Chris Tergliafera
Meioh is Adam Harrington
Monster Hunter is Melissa Hutchison
Black Panther is James Mathis III

FURTHER EDIT:
Credits 1
Credits 2
Credits 3

oh are they in those credit pictures?

Also I am like half certain that Captain Marvel's Photon Absorber is only supposed to work like Urien's V-Skill where you get one super armor hit and that's it. From the way it is right now, she continuously has armor on everything until the duration of the move which is mind mindbogglingly stupid.

It's like she's has the advantages of a big body character in having armor but also is a heavy rushdown character with beefy damage and a utility hyper for even more damage and beefy specials.

Marvel trying anything to make Carol top tier so that people care about her by the time her movie comes out.

Sorry I haven't posted anything else guys I was busy with family and went to the gym. Does anyone have any questions or things they want me to look for in the game?

I am doing mission mode currently to get a feel for some of the characters. I never touch story mode or arcade in fighters so I don't have any answers on that front.

Rhaknar

Sorry I haven't posted anything else guys I was busy with family and went to the gym. Does anyone have any questions or things they want me to look for in the game?

I am doing mission mode currently to get a feel for some of the characters.

yes. when you finish arcade mode, does that unlock the third color for both characters you use, or just one of them?

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Does the Power Storm actually make Level 3 hypers not scale? Does it still nullify pushblock?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Please do those things for us, thanks!

1) Get better picture of Monster Hunter in story mode (not model viewer tho)

2) If you finish arcade mode with two characters, would you unlock third color for those two characters or ALL characters?

so who are the odds on favorites to voice the dlc characters that we know about (Sigma, Panther) and the ones we suspect (at least Hunter and Venom)?

Confirmed DLC
Sigma is Chris Tergliafera
Monster Hunter is Melissa Hutchinson
Black Panther is James Mathis III

Possible DLC?[Confirmed as voice in the cast only]
Meio is Adam Harrington
Death is Alicyn Packard
MODOK is Wally Wingert

as for me?
Unconfirmed but speculated. Personal voice picks (Venom and Goblin voice actors aren't revealed for the next show yet so who knows.)
Venom-Daran Norris
Winter Soldier-David Hayter or Jon Curry (I think Bob Bergen voices him in Assemble?)
Green Goblin-Steve Blum
Lady-Kari Wahlgren

Anth0ny

yesss got a clip of the ridiculous strider tech

I still don't fully understand the new OTG mechanics for this game. We're limited to one OTG now per character (as in, something like doom bread and butter marvel 3 loops wouldn't work), but it looks like strider in this combo OTGs with bomb and then knocks the opponent back to the ground with sword, and then it loops a couple of times. It's weird but cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom