• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Dark Kingdom - Heart of Chaos is a mash up of the Dark Dimension and what specifically?

The Kingdom of the Makai, from Darkstalkers.

So in general I'm disappointed in the VA in this game and think it's a step down from UMvC3. Mentioned that many times and that it's one of my biggest disappointments with the game. But I'm starting to try and look for the good in it. Here's the characters that have some decent VA.

Gamora - Like how she sounds, although it helps that she doesn't have a UMvC3 counterpart to compare her to. She sounds cool and confident, and she has some nice sound bytes that I think are going to be memorable in that fighting game way, which is very important to Marvel games. Her "arched shot" or whatever it is she says when she's doing that jumping forward shot is the type of stuff I'm talking about..

Gamora sounds bored out of her skull, tho?

ELIMINATING THE TARGET IS WHAT I DO says the robot

JayEH

One take and you're good.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Of course they don't play on the new stages lol
untitled25ukw7.png

Is that underground stage? as playable stage? And I really like Dr. Light Lab tho.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Imagine Suzaku Castle merged with, like, Shadowland, tho. Suzaku Castle smack dab in the middle of NY? That'd be neat, I think

Sesha

There can be a SF x Days of Future Past stage with all of the X-Men and SF characters outside of Ryu and Chun-Li either slain or apprehended.

Durden77

She does sound kind of bored in some bits, but Eh, I think it suits her demeanor. And with her it's kind of more the writing that works the most. The little lines like "line em' up!" when she's shooting forward and stuff just sticks. Hard to explain, but you know these ingrained lines from UMvC3. Her writing/performance works kind of on that level.

sinkfla87

I like how we went from panic over 8 stages to finding out we now have 12 lol. I'm really happy about that. I hope they release more stages over time. I don't expect that though. :(

Edit: Actually I kind of so expect it given SFV lol.

JayEH

I like how we went from panic over 8 stages to finding out we now have 12 lol. I'm really happy about that. I hope they release more stages over time. I don't expect that though. :(

I expect them to make more. I also expect them to have us pay 3.99 for them.

sinkfla87

I expect them to make more. I also expect them to have us pay 3.99 for them.

Yeah that's going to be the shitty thing. However, I can still play those maps online without buying them so I don't really mind. It's not like I got friends into fighting games locally anyway :(.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder how people would feel about this line-up for 2018.

Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Green Goblin

CapCom, Lady, Vergil, Asura, Nina

I'm aware that it's a fake leak but I'm curious about people's opinions. I just want to gauge what would make people happy with the DLC.

Jawmuncher

I'm aware that it's a fake leak but I'm curious about people's opinions. I just want to gauge what would make people happy with the DLC.

I'd be alright with that. Not mind blowing but it'd be good

Tan

Replace starlord with magneto or sentinel and I'm happy

Neoxon

That list would be perfect.

Replace Star-Lord with magneto or sentinel and I'm happy
........Wut?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

wait, youre aware WHAT is a fake leak? Was there a new "leak"?

Jawmuncher

Star Lord sells toys and is loved by the masses. Drax is not. Looking at the Marvel side of the roster. It's obvious who they're gonna pick. Star Lord I think is only a matter of time if they're sticking to pushing MCU characters. He's easily the only big omission now outside Ant-Man

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Poor Neoxon :(

I didn't know that people would be against Star-Lord's inclusion but again people were against Gamora before she got leaked.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Poor Neoxon :(

I didn't know that people would be against Star-Lord's inclusion but again people were against Gamora before she got leaked.

I personally think Gamora is still boring after the reveal but I might be in the minority

Durden77

Replace Star Lord with Magneto/Deadpool and replace either Vergil or Lady with Wesker/Viewtiful Joe and I'm good.

I want Phoenix Wright back, but I feel like that's a bit of a long shot. Plus I played him exclusively in UMvC3 and since his playstyle was so unique, I could use a break from him for a while anyway. I want him back eventually though.

Anbec7

Star lord has elemental guns, they could do something with that I guess...

I do hope that someone in those new previews let us listen to the new tracks.. give me my new ost previewers!!

kunonabi

Eh, Goblin, Doom, Star-Lord, Lady, Commando, and Nina would be cool. The rest wouldn't do anything for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom