• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compbros

I wish when you active tagged that characters didn't stand around awkwardly before tagging out. I get they're on screen to allow for punishes but Ghost Rider turning his back and just staying like that for a few seconds looks weird.

JayEH

Ghost rider's theme isn't bad. Probably the best of the marvel bunch so far.

Awww nova doesn't say "POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE" during that hyper anymore. Though he does say "SUPER NOVA" now which is still pretty funny.

I wish when you active tagged that characters didn't stand around awkwardly before tagging out. I get they're on screen to allow for punishes but Ghost Rider turning his back and just staying like that for a few seconds looks weird.

Assists were the same way. Move -> Taunt -> Leave.

Dahbomb

That's the balance for the tag mechanics, otherwise it would get too busted.

DrArchon

Ghost rider's theme isn't bad. Probably the best of the marvel bunch so far.

Awww nova doesn't say "POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE" during that hyper anymore. Though he does say "SUPER NOVA" now which is still pretty funny.

Even if he did say it, would it still be as good without Troy Baker hamming it up?

Compbros

Assists were the same way. Move -> Taunt -> Leave.

Yeah but it was actively doing an assist, then taunting, then leaving. Not actively doing an assist, then taunting, then standing there in the last frame of your taunt for a few more seconds.

That's the balance for the tag mechanics, otherwise it would get too busted.

I understand that but I wish they were given some type of animation to fill in for just standing around. Some type of worn out/cool down animation before leaping back instead of just standing.

https://youtu.be/Eo0NNc5j43c?t=54s

Ghost Rider just looks super awkward.

Jawmuncher

Of course they don't play on the new stages lol
untitled25ukw7.png

Trace

Banned
I'm happy with 12 stages. Now if only the first DLC characters were free I could stop bitching about the roster and just be happy with the game.

Jawmuncher

They didn't officially announce the 30 roster and game modes, it was kinda leaked.

Was it? I thought it was just from a PR.

I'm happy with 12 stages. Now if only the first DLC characters were free I could stop bitching about the roster and just be happy with the game.

We've been in circles but I still agree. Had the 6 newcomers been in the base roster. I don't think there would be much issue with the roster which is easily the biggest thing going against the game now.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
They didn't officially announce the 30 roster and game modes, it was kinda leaked.

That information sheet wasn't a press release? Have we not had an official word on the roster?

Basically me, rn. Not that I think they should be free, but the roster'd be fine with six more new characters.

No but guys I think *this* is the final build this time for real this time.

The final build will be the one that I get on day one. Until then, everything is subject to change. We already know there's going to be a day one patch so speculating what's "final" at this point seems kinda pointless.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Menat could work for MvC, though I'd prefer Cammy first.

Thanks for the answer! Haven't been up to date with the old thread.

The last thread used to have a OP that explained the leaks in detail but modbot ate it.

The final build will be the one that I get on day one. Until then, everything is subject to change. We already know there's going to be a day one patch so speculating what's "final" at this point seems kinda pointless.

Or maybe Max's videos are from the final build, as is this but this version has stuff unlocked within the collection menu, leading to the two new stages.

Jawmuncher

Eh. I mean how much can really change at this point?The stages were a nice surprise but we only hadn't seen one of them after all. This was probably the last big thing dropped for the game unless they have a trick up their sleeve.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bottom left is clearly Dr.Light's Lab or something similar, but what is top left?

edit: oh that IGN Brazil video has some Hulk in it, yay

Eh. I mean how much can really change at this point?The stages were a nice surprise but we only hadn't seen one of them after all. This was probably the last big thing dropped for the game unless they have a trick up their sleeve.

Yeah the game itself is likely just about finished but the stuff that's unlocked on the UI and the UI itself could easily change. Plus we've got stuff like Ghost Rider's level 3 that seems like it might be missing an animation.

12 stages is starting to get into pretty damn good territory and I don't expect to get any more than that but depending on how long the story mode is, we could see more recycled areas from that too.

NEO0MJ

Yeah but it was actively doing an assist, then taunting, then leaving. Not actively doing an assist, then taunting, then standing there in the last frame of your taunt for a few more seconds.

I have to agree it's kinda jarring how long they just stand there begging to be hit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for all the "I cant believe X character isnt in this" legit complaints we have, watching Megaman just now reminded me, how the fuck didnt Marvel 3 (in 2 iterations even!) have a Megaman in it >_>

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yeah the game itself is likely just about finished but the stuff that's unlocked on the UI and the UI itself could easily change. Plus we've got stuff like Ghost Rider's level 3 that seems like it might be missing an animation.

12 stages is starting to get into pretty damn good territory and I don't expect to get any more than that but depending on how long the story mode is, we could see more recycled areas from that too.

We already have recycled areas from story mode. The dungeon stage is pretty nothing compared to most stages and seems to be there for story purposes more than anything.

Rhaknar

Looks like colours 3 and 4 need to be unlocked. Thanos only has 2 unlocked, Spider-Man only has 3.

yeah you could see the other 2 colors grayed out in the recent Max videos

We already have recycled areas from story mode. The dungeon stage is pretty nothing compared to most stages and seems to be there for story purposes more than anything.

I think he meant Tron Bonne stage and winter Tron Bonne stage?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The fact that locked colours are unlocked in this and not in Max's videos feeds into the idea that they're both the final build just that this particular game has more stuff unlocked.

Rhaknar

The fact that locked colours are unlocked in this and not in Max's videos feeds into the idea that they're both the final build just that this particular game has more stuff unlocked.

so stages and colors to unlock?

characters next BELIEVE!

Dont believe, im joking

Durden77

So in general I'm disappointed in the VA in this game and think it's a step down from UMvC3. Mentioned that many times and that it's one of my biggest disappointments with the game. But I'm starting to try and look for the good in it. Here's the characters that have some decent VA.

Gamora - Like how she sounds, although it helps that she doesn't have a UMvC3 counterpart to compare her to. She sounds cool and confident, and she has some nice sound bytes that I think are going to be memorable in that fighting game way, which is very important to Marvel games. Her "arched shot" or whatever it is she says when she's doing that jumping forward shot is the type of stuff I'm talking about.

Dormammu - Not as good as UMvC3, but not bad and it's growing on me. I like the way he puts more aggression into "CHAOTIC FLAME!", but there's a lot to be said about how bad-ass and almost chill he sounded in UMvC3.

Hulk - Seems to sound fine. MvCI is weird because the general VA direction seems to be more about characters putting more intensity into what they're saying, but somehow they still sound more flat that UMvC3. They sound more just....too straightforward I guess? However with Hulk I think it works. The bump in intensity is good. I like the way his "Gamma Charge!" byte sounds.

Spider-Man - While the dude that did Spidey's VA in UMvC3 (Josh Keaton? I forgot his name) was incredible and maybe my favorite Spider-Man VA, whoever's doing it now is doing it fine, and still carries that spunky kid energy that he should have. I don't think he'll top UMvC3 in the end, but it's good stuff.

Thanos - Sounds fine. Sounds like Thanos would probably sound. Big. Cosmic. Dude. No UMvC3 comparison though.

Jedah - Very solid. The laugh in particular is great. No UMvC3 comparison though.

Most everyone else ranges from worse/far worse than their UMvC3 counterparts (looking at you, Ghost Rider), to decent enough and probably something I'll just have to get used to. I am starting to come around though. In general I still definitely think the VA on the whole is worse than UMvC3 and I can't see that changing, but I'm starting to adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom