• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

He still falls to the ground but you can't be picked up during it. It's not an OTG state so he is invulnerable during this animation.

This. Changes. A LOT.
O_O

When the demo had Arthur still armor break and fall and I couldn't restock his armor state to keep it goin or tag cancel out of it I just gave up on the guy. I didn't have anyone to test with though...I had no idea he could not be OTG-ed there. This means that I can get in there and do Arthur's thing so long as I have a plan on how to avoid getting stuffed on wakeup. Timing the Gold Armor Fire Bottle or certain other gold armor weapon tosses would likely work for this so long as I dont lose track of screen position and such.

Any visual indicators to warn players better of when the Armor is running out?

Dahbomb

This. Changes. A LOT.
O_O

When the demo had Arthur still armor break and fall and I couldn't restock his armor state to keep it goin or tag cancel out of it I just gave up on the guy. I didn't have anyone to test with though...I had no idea he could not be OTG-ed there. This means that I can get in there and do Arthur's thing so long as I have a plan on how to avoid getting stuffed on wakeup. Timing the Gold Armor Fire Bottle or certain other gold armor weapon tosses would likely work for this so long as I dont lose track of screen position and such.

Any visual indicators to warn players better of when the Armor is running out?
You have a bar just like in Marvel 3.

shaowebb

You have a bar just like in Marvel 3.

So its still that small yellow thing? Didn't get any bigger? Was hoping for something a bit more honestly...Gotta admit, after I saw him still have the knockdown state on Gold Armor. I pretty much just uninstalled the demo after that run and gave up.

On a side note, Iron man in MVCI is so much more interesting than in UMVC3

Dem lasers and that smart bomb that homes are just soooooo fun looking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

VariantX

So its still that small yellow thing? Didn't get any bigger? Was hoping for something a bit more honestly...Gotta admit, after I saw him still have the knockdown state on Gold Armor. I pretty much just uninstalled the demo after that run and gave up.

On a side note, Iron man in MVCI is so much more interesting than in UMVC3

Dem lasers and that smart bomb that homes are just soooooo fun looking.

Is repulsor ray like a rekka now?

Dahbomb

Learning anything from the demo is a miracle.

We are just now learning stuff about the game that apparently were in the story demo since E3. The demo is just god awful, that is actually the worst PR thing Capcom made for the game.

shaowebb

yup I love those repulsor ray combos, im surprised enzo hasnt been more hype about it. I guess his avatar is just a front :3

That smart bomb is the one thats got me hype. Its a slow moving homing thingy that circles around behind him first. That thing looks like it can be used to make shit safe and like it could be used with time stone to get some siiiiiiiiick left rights off of teleports. Definitely offers a degree of crossup protection. If I see shit from above and got no clue which way to block I'll try to pop that out and trade.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind running Ironman/Arthur or Ironman/ X with Time Stone teleports.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

We are just now learning stuff about the game that apparently were in the story demo since E3. The demo is just god awful, that is actually the worst PR thing Capcom made for the game.

functions, tho

JazzmanZ

I thought the worst PR thing was saying things were only functions

Jawmuncher

As impossible as it would've been a demo with a training room would've been amazing.
Just take out any two player functionality if you're so scared that people would go "don't need the game now"

Dahbomb

Nah the functions thing is online forum stuff. Most reasonable people know what's actually happening there and know that the dude just said something stupid.

The demo is something that affected everyone ESPECIALLY people that were on the fence and casual players.

Like I saw some random Youtubers who are super casuals doing a Let's Play of the MVCI demo and were like "this is shit, why would you release this?" That's far worse for the game than something one of the developers said on an interview that most people never read.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didnt even touch the demo (even tho I downloaded it at the time), so I have to agree.

I really don't know what they were trying to accomplish with that demo.

probably the same thing they were trying to accomplish with that half assed Jedah reveal at Evo

shaowebb

The worst PR thing was announcing no assists 2v2 and tags with no clear cut explanation to just how gems and tags actually worked.

Coming out with that news was like a bombshell that set the pace for this race as an uphill crawl. They just repeatedly let things come out in the worst manner first and then anything after that was more or less feeling like a small consolation to try to appease the disapproving reactions. If they just put all their cards on the table on gameplay straight up and did a proper demo it wouldn't have had such long memorable periods of pure negativity and folks feeling neglected and bait and switched by the game. Folks would've had an equal amount of new details to spark their imagination on the possibilities that were opened up instead of all the ones that were ended. What else could we dwell on with so little to go on? All the leaks were bad and Capcom wouldn't address anything which made it all get worse. They did a horrible job of presenting the title, its changes, and its production states as it developed.

They needed a better structuring to how news and footage coincided with the public and just what areas to put under a spotlight and what areas to avoid. They've seemingly just...put their shortcomings under a spotlight from day 1 is alll. Thats their biggest PR problem. Emphasising stuff that just seemed unfinished and then only later showing the full versions of things so folks could see how it would work or look in final form.

JayEH

It is pretty fun though that this game has had so many PR blunders that you can have an argument about which one was the worst.

Jawmuncher

I'm curious what they'll say when asked about the launch cycle for the title. Regardless of how well or unwell the game does at release. There's gotta be someone asking "So what did you learn from all the event's leading to launch?"

If I was capcom my big takeaway would be

- Have people double check renders and faces/graphics. While certain things are understandable. Someone should've made sure nothing was pushed out that could've became meme potential like Chun Li's face.

- Better stream of information. The dumps and then silence weren't a good way to do things. Especially when fans were getting mad and ended up having to get their news from people like maximillian. Like hell they'd have been better off using him to PR the game. Let him do the character specific show cases and such after each dump. Stuff like "Thanos Overview" and other character's once a week would've went a long way. This isn't RE7. You want to hype people on the character's you have and how they play. Hell the fact that our character specific stuff is still just random vids from Max and Tyrant and such is hella dumb. Even if you announced and showed the characters in the story mode trailers. They still should've had character trailers.

- Make sure those cover's were consistent and lined up with your schedule. You shouldn't be announcing any character's officially from comic book covers period.

- Demo i think would've just been the same thing. Though perhaps a actually beta might have been better. No one really needs a story demo. Especially when it's already short already. Though I can understand why since earlier marketing felt like only thing capcom learned from SFV was that story had to be there at launch.

Those are the big things off the top of my head. The game overall isn't looking bad at all.
But capcom sure was shooting themselves in the foot time and time again.

JayEH

I don't know if you all remember that people were even having issues with Chun li's face back in april when she was revealed but it didn't blow up until e3. That convention was the perfect storm of bad moves for the game. Demo, e3 trailer, and the functions interview.

I remember how bored the crowd looked at E3 after the story trailer.

What's funny is the gameplay trailer was wayyyyyy better, but they showed that one later.

Jawmuncher

I don't know if you all remember that people were even having issues with Chun li's face back in april when she was revealed but it didn't blow up until e3. That convention was the perfect storm of bad moves for the game. Demo, e3 trailer, and the functions interview.

Damn don't remind me. I remember E3 being the lowest point for the game by far. With only the people at CES and E3 playing the VS build really bringing positivity. The reception on the game really didn't start turning until after EVO when they showed Jedah and even then at that turn it was still them crawling back up. The game still hasn't fully recovered as any new thread on gaming side will show.

I definitely see capcom in the future putting more effort into presentation from here on out.

Dahbomb

Yeah Joe and crew are going to go ham on Marvel Infinite.

"Low content, worse graphics than Marvel 3, reused characters, story mode sucks.... 4/10!!!!"

FluxWaveZ

Yeah Joe and crew are going to go ham on Marvel Infinite.

"Low content, worse graphics than Marvel 3, reused characters, story mode sucks.... 4/10!!!!"

Game media as a whole, really. Especially after SFV.

Well deserved, too, despite how fun the game may turn out to be.

I think that Ghost Rider's chain hyper might be really good because of just how much of the screen it hits in front and behind him. I wonder how easy it would be to punish tags with it.

Dahbomb

I miss the older, angrier Joe. New Joe is far less angry and chill.

Fuck... Capcom saw Angry Joe's video and his rant against expansions plus request for buying characters in bundles and made Marvel Infinite.

IT WAS HIM... IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG!!!!

Rhaknar

I thought Denuvo was standard for all "big" releases these days?

It's sad that I could get this on PC for almost the same price as three months of PS+. I'd do it now, but I already have the PS4 version on the way. Hopefully the netcode is good on both platforms. Bad netcode is why I never took the last game seriously.

DR2K

Banned
So... the other stones are basically trash compared to soul stone. Revival is just straight op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom