• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Alright guys. In Marvel 3 I never really played a lot of characters who had fly/unfly combos, and since I want to play captain marvel, I'm almost certainly going to have to do some. I've seen enough combos in this game already to know that fly hp combos are going to be a thing. Does anyone have any good combos for marvel 3 that I should learn and practice before infinite comes out to get a head start?

bubumiao

Alright guys. In Marvel 3 I never really played a lot of characters who had fly/unfly combos, and since I want to play captain marvel, I'm almost certainly going to have to do some. I've seen enough combos in this game already to know that fly hp combos are going to be a thing. Does anyone have any good combos for marvel 3 that I should learn and practice before infinite comes out to get a head start?
I would also like to know.

Dahbomb

These are always appreciated~

Wait, Gold Armour breaking is invulnerable now? I thought he still fell to the ground?

He still falls to the ground but you can't be picked up during it. It's not an OTG state so he is invulnerable during this animation.

Probably pick up Magneto and do his air dash j.H combos.

I would also like to know.

The combos are similar to Magneto's day one bnb. It's something like:
Launcher
Super jump H
Air dash cancel into H
Fly-cancel.
LH
Dash cancel into H over and over.
S

There are a lot of harder ones, but this is probably the easiest one that's similar to the new air dash cancel combos.

Harder version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAhDlhDIDdY

They get harder than that one, too.

Magneto and Doom would be good characters to practice.

Dartastic

The combos are similar to Magneto's day one bnb. It's something like:
Launcher
Super jump H
Air dash cancel into H
Fly-cancel.
LH
Dash cancel into H over and over.
S

There are a lot of harder ones, but this is probably the easiest one that's similar to the new air dash cancel combos.

Harder version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAhDlhDIDdY

They get harder than that one, too.

I think one of the Magneto mission mode combos also makes you do a dash cancel combo after flight.

https://youtu.be/5rYgPgX4t7c?t=1m7s

Too bad they use X factor in this LOL! Talk about non optimum.
Awesome. Thanks guys! I'll give these a shot. I want to get myself started on this early and make sure that I can actually play my character effectively, so this is a great place to start. Thanks!

What are the chances of Amazon shipping this early? I preordered my copy months ago and haven't really bought any new releases from them before.

tribal24

Banned
What are the chances of Amazon shipping this early? I preordered my copy months ago and haven't really bought any new releases from them before.

low, i preordered the collectors edition at gamestop since i couldn't get it on amazon. Amazon been weird about new launch titles lately regardless. They don't offer launch day shipping anymore right?

I wonder if its possible Sigma and Black Panther won't be released together

Black Panther and Monster Hunter would make sense because of Valkanda
(venom?) and Sigma
??? and ???

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what if they dont release them in 2s

>_>

We know basically nothing about the DLC. We don't know pricing outside of the season pass, we don't know what two thirds of it is, we don't know when they'll release, we don't know how they'll release, if we will be able to buy them individually or in packs or what.

But hey! Pre-order the deluxe edition now! It's only 90 US Dollars!

thats every game these days tho Zero

Zero-ELEC

Banned
We know basically nothing about the DLC. We don't know pricing outside of the season pass, we don't know what two thirds of it is, we don't know when they'll release, we don't know how they'll release, if we will be able to buy them individually or in packs or what.

JayEH

Every game does this now. Can't hold that against this game specifically.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
thats every game these days tho Zero

And I hate it every game that does it. :p

Not a dig against this game in particular.

EDIT: And I don't actually hate it. Like I'll still buy games I want even if they do it. It's just annoys me when they don't have a clear roadmap.

Heck, I'd rather SFV's Season Passes. Those were mostly fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And I hate it every game that does it. :p

Not a dig against this game in particular.

EDIT: And I don't actually hate it. Like I'll still buy games I want even if they do it. It's just annoys me when they don't have a clear roadmap.

Heck, I'd rather SFV's Season Passes. Those were mostly fine.

its a bullshit tactic but it is what it is these days :/

mas8705

Why is this a successful business strategy?

People want characters, developers make characters, people buy characters. It is redundant to say out loud, but that's how it plays out with fighting games (and unless if there's a season pass, it happens every time because people throw money at new content).

DR2K

Banned

Most games that do this are fully featured at the base level and offer plenty of new content. This game is essentially a low budget, worse looking game, 6 new characters, lower amount of characters during gameplay and total roster, a 2-3 hour story mode, some small shifts in gameplay balance, a new X factor system, and 10 stages. They revealed that there would be 6 new dlc characters before announcing there would only be 6 new characters in the base game, while repeatedly stating the main game would have many characters. This is shady advertising at best and goes well beyond what actual AAA games do with their mystery content season passes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Because gamers repeatedly show that they can't understand that DLC is planned and developed before release. So, somewhat paradoxically, instead of full transparency on developer's parts, and instead of giving an early impression that they'll be nickel and dime'd on DLC which is inevitable, devs leave it to be a surprise later. Also lets their marketing focus on the base game before transitioning to selling DLC afterwards, instead of trying to convince you of both at once.

Capcom should've focused on making an interesting roster instead of holding 6 new characters out for DLC. A solid roster would actually make people want to buy the game.

But what's done is done. I just hope it doesn't bite them in the ass hard.

Dahbomb

Because people are weak that's why. They have a bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out).

If they load up a game and see there is missing content, it will mess them up. They will keep wondering about the new content and feel that they are missing out. They might even end up buying it but never using said content yet they would have the peace of mind that they can experience the content if they need to.

This is actually worse for competitive games. As a competitive player, you can't justify NOT buying new characters the day they come out. A new character could be busted and you could have an edge if you lab a new character. How many times have NRS put out a busted DLC character? Even if a character isn't busted you would have to download the character to check to see if they are busted or learn the match up.

And companies feed off of this. It is actually a fuck ton better for them if you just buy characters. Think about it... Marvel Infinite costs $60 and it's coming with 30 character so that's $2 per character. They are going to be selling new characters for $5 meaning they made better money off of individual characters. Imagine they put out 20 characters over a span of a few years... that's $100 you have to spend on the game yet you are getting less content than what you paid for the full game.

Even if not enough people buy them, they still come out on top.

Edit: Oh you were taking about showing off content at the correct time. Enzo has the correct answer on that. Showing off DLC way before a game's release is looked down upon heavily by gamers.

Dahbomb

I hate incoming mixups. One reason why I really like how DBFZ handles things, resetting every time.
You only have to deal with one incoming mix up in this game (well maybe more than one if you are using Soul stone but that's the trade off for using it).

Also you can use the Infinity Storm to escape some mix ups.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You only have to deal with one incoming mix up in this game (well maybe more than one if you are using Soul stone but that's the trade off for using it).

Also you can use the Infinity Storm to escape some mix ups.

Yeah, but one is still pretty bad and Infinity Storm only works if the opponent doesn't pop theirs first...

Actually, are there snap backs in this game? I haven't seen one, if there are.

Rhaknar

oh my bad. So, are they gone in MArvel then?

Dahbomb

Of course they are gone. We would've seen them by now.

Besides characters are swapping too much for snapback to be too relevant.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Of course they are gone. We would've seen them by now.

Besides characters are swapping too much for snapback to be too relevant.

Yeah, but they could have added effects, like deleting red life (which no longer happens while tagging) or something. Idunno.

JayEH

I wish Tyrant (or whoever is playing) had a better opponent for these Gamescom videos, the quality of his previous videos was much better :(

he's playing CPU and using characters people request so he doesn't know how to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom