• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vergil's Arcade ending was one of the more cool ones. In that, he found the Muramasa Blade, canceled out Wolvie's healing factor, then went on a journey to gain more power.

Had he been in this (and Arcade endings were a thing), I imagine the ending would've been similar with him acquiring the Infinity Gauntlet instead. The only difference is he'd have access to "infinite power" and still not be satisfied.

I need some pros to get the game in some back alley truck deal or something, some mom and pop store breaking street dates, something... need mah videos!

Where's my Dormammu breakdown video? :-/

I want to know what his new big purple swipe move is. Looks like some kind of anti-air or "get off me" move.

strider-hien-namco-x-capcom-4.29.jpg

WHEN?

If Meio is my least wanted Strider villain, Hien is probably second to him. So many better options unless they combined the 2014 Strider moveset and Strider 2's Hien into a single character.

I'd be more than fine with either, but man I just want Solo or a Pooh sister/Xi Wangmu

This. If they wanted to do another metal arm character, Misty Knight would've been the better alternative. She's a kickass, sexy, sassy, black woman and would also pair well with an eventual Iron Fist dlc.

I'd be so okay with getting Misty Knight.
Maybe they could throw in Colleen Wing for as a Groot/Drone-esque assist.

JeTmAn81

There's not really been any word on an official source of info for this game, has there? Nothing about a game guide. I don't think the movelists have been posted on an official site. I've had to rely on Eventhubs for the info I'm putting in my app.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
There's not really been any word on an official source of info for this game, has there? Nothing about a game guide. I don't think the movelists have been posted on an official site. I've had to rely on Eventhubs for the info I'm putting in my app.

Indeed, no official move lists or even upcoming guide.

Heck the official English website doesn't have character profiles. There's no singular, official, place with all the info about this game.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
oooooh thats some pretty Ironman tech right there

I'm actually starting to wonder how many of these combos are just the "spam the same button" easy combos tho lol

Auto Combos just replicate magic series -> launch -> air magic series -> spike.

Or I guess I don't get what you mean by easy combos?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Auto Combos are just magic series -> launch -> air magic series -> spike.

Or I guess I don't get what you mean by easy combos?

ah ok. Like that stuff Ironman does there after the fly-unfly where he does the repulsor blasts, or the Morrigan combo that we've seen a lot that looks like the Magneto "spam the same punch in the air" combo.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
ah ok. Like that stuff Ironman does there after the fly-unfly where he does the repulsor blasts, or the Morrigan combo that we've seen a lot that looks like the Magneto "spam the same punch in the air" combo.

Yeah, those aren't auto combos. Those are presumably fly-unfly combos with the same button in between.

I can never pull off fly-unfly combos, which is why I never play characters that fly. I can't even imaging attempting it now that fly is a Hyper command (2 buttons rather than one).

Dahbomb

Where's my Dormammu breakdown video? :-/

I want to know what his new big purple swipe move is. Looks like some kind of anti-air or "get off me" move.
I assumed that swipe move was his 0D0C follow up. It seemed to start up like that then go into the swipe.

The only difference is he'd have access to "infinite power" and still not be satisfied
Vergil with the "I need more power" after getting the Infinity Gauntlet would put a smile on my face.

JayEH

Yeah, those aren't auto combos. Those are presumably fly-unfly combos with the same button in between.

I can never pull off fly-unfly combos, which is why I never play characters that fly. I can't even imaging attempting it now that fly is a Hyper command (2 buttons rather than one).

Not all characters have two kicks for flight I believe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can all flying characters do those? I've never seen Dormmamu do one of those combos for example (In 3 that is)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do we know if this game has a proper magic series on ground and air for a combo ending in knockdown?

Autocombo is just LP, right?

Rhaknar

I really like the New Metro City stage. Visuals aren't really bothersome anymore.

I mean, the game had (hell, still does) some nasty faces and models and an ugly UI, but it was never the super hyperbole "game looks like GARBAGE" that many said (and still do lol). Like, the game looks fine, certainly not the best looking game out there but jeez.

There still exists a middle term between amazing and garbage out in the world people... well maybe not on the internet :p

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I mean, the game had (hell, still does) some nasty faces and models and an ugly UI, but it was never the super hyperbole "game looks like GARBAGE" that many said (and still do lol). Like, the game looks fine, certainly not the best looking game out there but jeez.

There still exists a middle term between amazing and garbage out in the world people... well maybe not on the internet :p
The stages outside a couple of stinkers are actually real good

its called sarcasm dude...

Venom alt colors should be easy to predict

Possible Venom colors

AntiVenom (like you listed)

Maybe some of the Life Foundation symbiotes

"Broxin" (could double as an MVC1 Hyper Venom costume)

Marvel vs Capcom 1 Light Blue Venom

I would say Venom 2099 but that would probably have be an alt. Same goes things like Spider-carnage, Carnage, etc.

A color with the shimmering nature of Payback could be interesting if they could pull it off

Rhaknar

The stages outside a couple of stinkers are actually real good

like I said, overall it looks... fine. Good even maybe, animations are still great, its fast as shit, like it looks good in motion. Some stuff is still butt ugly tho (lol Cap), but the memes deffinately got out of hand, and haters gonna hate when they continue to say it looks like garbage I guess.

I mean, even here (well in the old thread), people were STILL going "game looks like shit but it sure looks fun", like thats what youre supposed to say now.

edit: to christian, man I hope the "red" Venom isnt just full red like some versions of Toxin, Red and Black looks much better, and doesnt simply look like Carnage.

Yeah, I often thought most of it was exaggerated because of overall disappointment.

Like, yeah, it isn't a beautiful game, but I never thought it was the worst game I've ever seen, either. I'm glad the visuals have improved.

Coda

like I said, overall it looks... fine. Good even maybe, animations are still great, its fast and shit, like it looks good in motion. Some stuff is still butt ugly tho (lol Cap), but the memes deffinately got out of hand, and haters gonna hate when they continue to say it looks like garbage I guess.

I mean, even here (well in the old thread), people were STILL going "game looks like shit but it sure looks fun", like thats what youre supposed to say now.

I honestly think the stages were toned down so the game would run smooth with all the effects and tag switching happening. If the stages were busier than the game would probably have frame pacing issues. They wanted all stages to be tournament viable in terms of the smooth 60 fps gameplay.

Yeah, I often thought most of it was exaggerated because of overall disappointment.

Like, yeah, it isn't a beautiful game, but I never thought it was the worst game I've ever seen, either. I'm glad the visuals have improved.

I remember initial impressions of MvC3 were the same way, saying that the graphics were underwhelming. I always disagreed.

edit: to christian, man I hope the "red" Venom isnt just full red like some versions of Toxin, Red and Black looks much better, and doesnt simply look like Carnage.

But if they make Venom but colored red a color swap, then they can sell you an alternate costume version of the Mulligan Toxin separately!

Pretty sure they're going to do this with classic Symbiote Spider-Man

Rhaknar

I would only buy characters in a bundle. Having an uneven CSS in a versus game would drive me nuts.

we are sick you and me. Like, I have to have every character in a fighting game, I just have to. I probably wont use them, but the idea that there is a grayed out box or whatever in there kills me.

I have the same problem with Heroes of the Storm (thank god I dont play multiple mobas...well, I guess DOTA would be safe since its all free), I HAVE to own all heroes.

I'm the same way.

In MVC3, Jill/Dante/Magneto was my main team, so it was likely the only time I used a DLC character extensively. Any other time, they're just there.

But I still gotta have them regardless! I'm such a weirdo.

J-Tier

we are sick you and me. Like, I have to have every character in a fighting game, I just have to. I probably wont use them, but the idea that there is a grayed out box or whatever in there kills me.

I have the same problem with Heroes of the Storm (thank god I dont play multiple mobas...well, I guess DOTA would be safe since its all free), I HAVE to own all heroes.
I have the same problem. With HotS as well. I complete the roster of every game I own, even if I hardly play it.

Giga Man

Yeah... I don't know nothin' 'bout MOBAs, but when it comes to fighting games, including the reason you mentioned, I also play them with friends locally. Having all the characters gives my guests all available options, ensuring their satisfaction. There's also the chance that I decide to go random, and I can't enjoy the full extent of random select without all characters unlocked.

tribal24

Banned

Same i hate seeing a character select screen with shadows of characters or not selectable its annoying

Rhaknar

to be fair I do usually play a ton of characters in a fighting game... which is why im shit in the end I guess lol.

What does the billboard above the Stark Industries ad next to the J Jonah television say in New Metro City: Downtown? Does it say anything? All I can see is a black billboard with two...faces on it? Plus some text

Forward

Yup. With how some people were talking about MvC3, you'd think it was a dumpster fire.

Very early Beta, or finished product? Because, regardless of how I feel about it as a game
great to watch
, UMvC3 is in my opinion, the best looking fighting game Capcom has ever produced - tying with or inching out the pure, sublime near-perfection of Alpha 2's aesthetic.

MvC:I is the exact opposite of that.

Rhaknar

Very early Beta, or finished product? Because, regardless of how I feel about it as a game
great to watch
, UMvC3 is in my opinion, the best looking fighting game Capcom has ever produced - tying with or inching out the pure, sublime near-perfection of Alpha 2's aesthetic.

MvC:I is the exact opposite of that.

vanilla 3 was ravaged initially, much like Infinite is (was? it seems its dying down closer to release). In fact, Marvel 3 was probably worse because that one people were shitting on the gameplay aswell lol.

Forward

vanilla 3 was ravaged initially, much like Infinite is (was? it seems its dying down closer to release). In fact, Marvel 3 was probably worse because that one people were shitting on the gameplay aswell lol.

MvC:3 is so objectively beautiful, it is Kantian.

DR2K

Banned

Vanilla 3 looks bettter than infinite. Whatever revisionist history you're trying to set up doesn't fly. Visuals were rarely complained about. There were never any requests to fix busted character models for one. They just got it right from the get go.

Rhaknar

Vanilla 3 looks bettter than infinite. Whatever revisionist history you're trying to set up doesn't fly. Visuals were rarely complained about. There were never any requests to fix busted character models for one. They just got it right from the get go.

not ONCE did I say that MvC3 didnt look better, in fact much better than Infinite. Just a few posts above I said Infinite looks "fine" and thats it.

But its good to see your never ending shitposting crusade is, in fact, never ending. It's nice to have goals I guess.

I assumed that swipe move was his 0D0C follow up. It seemed to start up like that then go into the swipe.

Vergil with the "I need more power" after getting the Infinity Gauntlet would put a smile on my face.

I assumed that too, and then I saw a video where Dormammu had a charge but used the swipe move.

That, and whether Dormammu can cancel Dark Matter, are my only two questions right now.

Dahbomb

Not sure why he wouldn't be allowed to cancel out of Dark Matter especially since they gave that ability to Heartless Spire AND Flame Carpet. Though with this game you can't really assume anything LOL!

And yeah I just saw that swipe move again in the trailer, it is definitely not 0C0D. There was a point where he does that swipe and then afterwards goes into 3C.

Anyway I just updated the mechanics summary for the game with the new information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JomswsMlq1Pjd0v6KT_SnAoPbuMydEaCSR_Eou9lhSA/edit?usp=sharing

Stuff that was added from last time:

*Free LVL3 during Storm activation if you press Easy Hyper combo input.

*The chip damage scaling mechanic.

*Character incoming situation.

*Mind and Soul stones added.

*Super armor in general.

*"Guts" system ie. characters have increased defenses when at lower HP. This isn't really confirmed yet so I made a mention of that fact.

Probably a couple more things, if you read this a while back then it's a good idea to read it again now.

The hype for Marvel 3 was through the roof compared to this game. It's not even in the same stratosphere. People definitely complained about the visuals, only saw complaints from people who wanted sprites back.

Game play complaints about Marvel 3 came after the game's release, not while it was at trade shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom