• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

Meio would be more interesting if he didn't look so dull in story mode. He looks like one of those shonen anime movie original villains

Sigma
Monster Hunter
Lady

Black Panther
Venom
Winter Soldier

Would be hot.

JayEH

Meio would be more interesting if he didn't look so dull in story mode. He looks like one of those shonen anime movie original villains

Sigma
Monster Hunter
Lady

Black Panther
Venom
Winter Soldier

Would be hot.

No way capcom would add 50% more females.

Ryce

I seriously doubt that. Zod was an upcoming villain for next movie so I don't really see any controversial about it. And Batgirl is incredibly popular female character so I think she was part of top 10-15 female characters constantly for DC universe. It's hardly not controversial.
I remember like it was yesterday -- lots of people were upset with Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion being chosen over characters that were actively requested by the community (Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Static, Red Hood, Zatanna, et cetera). Most people thought a "female Batman" was a waste of a spot and that Zod was just a movie tie-in. I didn't agree with those criticisms, but I remember them being rampant.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I remember like it was yesterday -- lots of people were upset with Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion being chosen over characters that were actively requested by the community (Martian Manhunter, Static, Red Hood, Zatanna, et cetera). Most people thought a "female Batman" was a waste of a spot and that Zod was just a movie tie-in. I didn't agree with those criticisms, but I remember them being rampant.

Basically it's just fandom being upset not getting what they wanted, right? On the internet, it's easier to get stuck in echo where people would make their voices loud and make it sound like it's bigger than it really is.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sorry about double post

Didnt they say they would pair the fighters up for DLC?
Meio would probably be paired and sold with a desirable Marvel rep.

They said they would release two characters together but I'm not certain if they are bundled together or not.

DR2K

Banned
Yes, but that hasn't stopped licensed fighters in the past from having weird DLC picks.

Just assuming for a minute that Sigma, Black Panther, Hunter, Venom, Grandmaster Meio, and Winter Soldier are the six DLC characters, then everyone but Meio qualifies as a requested and/or well-known character. One obscure pick out of six isn't bad.

It is when there's a base roster full of controversy, obscure pics, and questionable choices. There's no leeway for a Meio unless it's base roster nonsense.

Mizerman

I remember like it was yesterday -- lots of people were upset with Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion being chosen over characters that were actively requested by the community (Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Static, Red Hood, Zatanna, et cetera). Most people thought a "female Batman" was a waste of a spot and that Zod was just a movie tie-in. I didn't agree with those criticisms, but I remember them being rampant.

Yeah, I remember people being real pissed when Scorpion appeared.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i wont judge Meio (if he turns out to be real) because u never know what he will come up with gameplay wise. And yes, that IS what matter in the end (for me at least).

There were a bunch of heroes in Marvel Heroes I would have had zero interest in, except when I actually played them, they were super fun and became some of my faves, since then I never judge any characters just because I might like or dislike the character itself.

Yeah, I remember people being real pissed when Scorpion appeared.

I would be pissed too if Marvel had guest characters... well, you know, not from Capcom lol.

JayEH

Capcom presents...Marvel Comics.

Love that when you start up UMVC3. I guess now they'll say Marvel studios.

Compbros

I seriously doubt that. Zod was an upcoming villain for next movie so I don't really see any controversial about it. And Batgirl is incredibly popular female character so I think she was part of top 10-15 female characters constantly for DC universe. It's hardly not controversial.

They were HATED when the list leaked

Jawmuncher

This game doesn't need anymore Mega Man characters beside Tron because of her Veteran Status. Anymore and they might as well just make a Mega Man fighting game. 4 seems to be the cap for things anyway outside like Xmen

tribal24

Banned
This game doesn't need anymore Mega Man characters beside Tron because of her Veteran Status. Anymore and they might as well just make a Mega Man fighting game. 4 seems to be the cap for things anyway outside like Xmen

No!!!

Wily or Protoman would be nice lol One more slot to take up Regina Slot

Neoxon

This game doesn't need anymore Mega Man characters beside Tron because of her Veteran Status. Anymore and they might as well just make a Mega Man fighting game. 4 seems to be the cap for things anyway outside of the X-Men.
Or the Avengers (since they basically cover most of Marvel).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didnt they say they would pair the fighters up for DLC?
Meio would probably be paired and sold with a desirable Marvel rep.
IIRC it was in the jokey Metro interview and it was the interviewer joking about it (e.g. Asura and Doc Ock).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know how the season pass says 6 characters and 6 premium costumes. Maybe it just me but I've just been assuming it would be 6 costumes for those 6 characters, but I guess it doesnt have to be technically... kinda curious tbh since those costumes they have shown so far change the characters in significant ways sometimes (evil ryu and Thor for example)

Oh! Oh. Oh...

That sucks.

Yeah, it really does. Ultron Drones were in the Valkanda stage as well.

you know how the season pass says 6 characters and 6 premium costumes. Maybe it just me but I've just been assuming it would be 6 costumes for those 6 characters, but I guess it doesnt have to be technically... kinda curious tbh since those costumes they have shown so far change the characters in significant ways sometimes (evil ryu and Thor for example)

You're right. That's exactly what they said it'll be when they first announced the Deluxe Edition.

Coda

I hated that the demo didn't have this.

If it's in the full game I'll be happy lol

I love that Moto Kikaku has to always be mentioned on the title screen and all the promotional art because they were the group of artists that created Strider. What a deal they landed lol.

mas8705

So outside of MODOK and Dr. Light, is anyone expecting any other NPC's that weren't on the zip leak?

If I recall correctly, there was one other character that was shown that I am trying to figure out. Going to throw up spoilers for obvious reasons.

So we already know about Ultron Sigma, but what was the other one supposed to mean in terms of "Ultron Omega" (In that same zip list, there was an "Omega" symbol" right under Ultron Sigma that had the Sigma symbol). I'm not sure if that is supposed to mean if this is the "True Final Boss," Ultron Sigma getting all the Infinity Stones, or if we find out that in the 11th hour, Ultron screws out Sigma and becomes all the more powerful through the betrayal.

Rhaknar

If I recall correctly, there was one other character that was shown that I am trying to figure out. Going to throw up spoilers for obvious reasons.

So we already know about Ultron Sigma, but what was the other one supposed to mean in terms of "Ultron Omega" (In that same zip list, there was an "Omega" symbol" right under Ultron Sigma that had the Sigma symbol). I'm not sure if that is supposed to mean if this is the "True Final Boss," Ultron Sigma getting all the Infinity Stones, or if we find out that in the 11th hour, Ultron screws out Sigma and becomes all the more powerful through the betrayal.

Arcade Mode boss

mas8705

Arcade Mode boss

Most likely sure. But under what circumstance? Could the Arcade Mode boss also appear in the story mode too? Or would it be exclusive to just Arcade Mode while the Story Mode's final boss is a different boss all together?

Might be other thinking it of course, but there isn't really much to play off of other than speculation.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I love that Moto Kikaku has to always be mentioned on the title screen and all the promotional art because they were the group of artists that created Strider. What a deal they landed lol.

According to the recent Strider devs, that's mostly a formality.

Most likely sure. But under what circumstance? Could the Arcade Mode boss also appear in the story mode too? Or would it be exclusive to just Arcade Mode while the Story Mode's final boss is a different boss all together?

Might be other thinking it of course, but there isn't really much to play off of other than speculation.

I'm guessing he'll be in both. The guy that reviewed and completed Arcade Mode only had an hr with the Story Mode. Knowing this, he never had an opportunity to see the final boss there.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm guessing he'll be in both. The guy that reviewed and completed Arcade Mode only had an hr with the Story Mode. Knowing this, he never had an opportunity to see the final boss there.

Oh, yeah, Ultron Omega is definitely going to be the Arcade boss and appear in Story mode. Though maybe not the final boss in story... I still believe that the plot will be hijacked by Ganon Thanos.

Rhaknar

The true final boss of story mode will be Regina riding a symbiote-covered T-rex.

SaikyoBro

I really want at least one Classic MM rep and one Legends rep (aka Tron) when all's said and done. I don't like the X characters. :[

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The true final boss of story mode will be Regina riding a symbiote-covered Devil Dinosaur.
ftfy
I really want at least one Classic MM rep and one Legends rep (aka Tron) when all's said and done. I don't like the X characters. :[

I hope if we get a classic character it's some random Robot Master and not Mega Man or Roll. Like Needle Man or Spring Man!
gimmie Proto Man!

Ryce

I want a Dr. Wily who can throw tools, build turrets, set traps, and summon Robot Masters. He'd pilot mechs as hyper combos.

Dahbomb

Surprise non leak character is going to be Vergil snatching all the stones from Jedah, Thanos and Ultron Sigma... combining them into the Infinity Gauntlet and then saying "...now I am a LITTLE motivated!"

Rhaknar

I need some pros to get the game in some back alley truck deal or something, some mom and pop store breaking street dates, something... need mah videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom