• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Game only has 4 females, and all 4 seem super strong, at least that >_<

Four women is still a really fucking bad number for a roster of that size. That's 2 female character for every 13 males. That ratio is ridiculous, in this day and age. Especially with Marvel's whole "we're so cool, look at our women of power!" thing.

hey Max, "Story mode" Ken is the same model. His face is just rigged terribly in the character select screen. There's a reason why everyone screencaps his character select pose and not during any other time he is on screen.

Do you think Ken's face looks good in the playable model? Cause I don't. I could be wrong but i think max is talking about Ken's art in his own personal story mode not the cinematic. Which looks not too Bad,, well compared to some of the other art anyways.

Even after not including irrelevant Xmen in mvc3, Max still can't let go.

I think anyone who grew up in the era has no reason to "let Go" I think these games should be more of a celebration of the history of the companies instead of I can't have this character cause they were only relevant in the 80s or 90s. "Fuck your nostalgia!"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Four women is still a really fucking bad number for a roster of that size. That's 2 female character for every 13 males. That ratio is ridiculous, in this day and age. Especially with Marvel's whole "we're so cool, look at our women of power!" thing.

why are you talking like im saying 4 is a good number? This has been beaten into the ground, I was just saying all 4 seem super strong.

El Sloth

Banned
Do you think Ken's face looks good in the playable model? Cause I don't. I could be wrong but i think max is talking about Ken's art in his own personal story mode not the cinematic. Which looks not too Bad,, well compared to some of the other art anyways.
It's the same model. The lighting on the character select screen makes him look all fucked up.

No helping his Donkey Kong banana hair though.

Orb

Give &#128079; me &#128079; Shuma &#128079; Gorath &#128079;

The dream will never die :(

Edit: Sfv ken is best ken, fight me

I love that dumb bang + ponytail look

It's the same model. The lighting on the character select screen makes him look all fucked up.

No helping his Donkey Kong banana hair though.
That's what I'm saying he looks bad everywhere in game. Even when he's fighting.

Give &#128079; me &#128079; Shuma &#128079; Gorath &#128079;

The dream will never die :(

Edit: Sfv ken is best ken, fight me

I love that dumb bang + ponytail look

(Puts on boxing Gloves) From the neck down Ken is fine, but he needs a face lift and more classic hair options.

I'm here fiending until Bum gets back online with the House of Crack. I spent my entire workday watching the VOD of them crack it out all last night.

Max's video makes me wonder if I could bring back 5 (if possible) characters (cameos count too) from each game, which I would choose....

Who would you choose.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Max's video makes me wonder if I could bring back 5 (if possible) characters (cameos count too) from each game, which I would choose....

What about you?

I would honestly rather have all new characters. But im that weird guy that loved SF3 ws a bunch of new freaks, and hated that SF4 went back to "hey its all those guys from 2".

In my ideal world, every fighting game sequel would be all new characters. And those sequels would sell exactly 7 copies >_>

Sesha

I would honestly rather have all new characters. But im that weird guy that loved SF3 ws a bunch of new freaks, and hated that SF4 went back to "hey its all those guys from 2".

In my ideal world, every fighting game sequel would be all new characters. And those sequels would sell exactly 7 copies >_>

I'm the same. I also think it's ironic that T3 is the best-selling fighting game of all time whilst SF3 gets shit to this day for not having Guile, Gief, and co. Especially when most people don't care about guys like Blanka, Honda, T. Hawk or Deejay.

That said, Marvel is a celebration of both franchises, so having everybody be new isn't desirable.

brian!

Who would you choose.

Gambit, cpt commando, cable, jill..was carnage in a game? Carnage.

Not counting stuff like vergil or wesker which seem feasibly in the pipeline imo

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ok so watching some stuff on stream it's looking like Thanos could actually be very high tier and unless I'm reading things wrong dormammu looks like he's going to be godlike. Being able to cancel everything into power of the boom is fucking nuts. To recap Thanos had wall breaker/palm breaker a teleport, a very good projectile, a command grab, an armored dash punch which I saw eat more than one hit on stream so not sure what type of armor but it's good, his air super hits hard as shit, an air dash and command normal projectiles. Eye laser and foot stomp? He just looks really damn good. The scary part is that dormammu and zero look to be better. My only concern at this moment is that some of the characters that look really good have a ton of tools captain marvel and nova also look really damn good that makes me worry that the bottom tier will be unplayable competitively. Also watching power stone damage on big body characters just holy fuck that stones storm looks really good.

trutrutru

No sadly.
Damn. I was so sure they would add that. I had also hoped for a "scramble" type mode with all characters in at once, and maybe disabling the stones for that. I knew the scramble mode was asking a lot and wishful thinking. But just tag teaming. That seemed like a sure thing. Jeeez

All I know for sure tier-wise is that we'll probably think some character is the cheapest thing in the game but will end up being low to mid-high in a year.

Rhaknar

All I know for sure tier-wise is that we'll probably think some character is the cheapest thing in the game but will end up being low to mid-high in a year.

Spencer/Chris will dominate in 1 years time you'll see ;_;

Sigmaah

Just picked up my urley copy.

Ended up getting the steelbook edition as I know I would end up getting the season pass at some point.

Boiiii where at send me deets Ima deadass come out to the city and cop.

Nvm thought I saw u say somewhere u where from city.

:<

smurfx

get some go again
wonder if the store i bought umvc3 early is selling infinite early as well. they are still around so if anybody wants to know the name of the store in socal then pm me.

Dahbomb

Aka the "Wesker".

There's probably going to be some character on the opposite of that. Character people think is mid to low tier and then becomes top tier. That is Morrigan in UMVC3.

Forward

Clearly you're a simple person, but get this straight: I'm not saying KBR isn't a good or even great player. I'm not saying drones are what won him his matches. I'm not saying I'm as good as KBR. None of those things were said. Now go back and do your best to read the sentences I wrote again, and maybe you will be able to understand them now that I gave you some hints.

I talk at my audience's level.

Anth0ny

Aka the "Wesker".

There's probably going to be some character on the opposite of that. Character people think is mid to low tier and then becomes top tier. That is Morrigan in UMVC3.

I'm still waiting for the Sentinel, aka "THIS CHARACTER IS SO CHEAP" on day 1, and then gets figured out a week later and settles into mid tier.

NY isn't getting it until Friday? Weird.

They usually get it at the same time or a little before we do on the west. I am leaving work now to go get some time in before the wife and baby get home.

brian!

dunno about the entirety of ny but the mom n pop near me is gonna have it friday, tho i cant imagine the shipments not arriving at the same time for the area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom