• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

The more I use space stone, the more I feel like this shit is the truth. Reality stone is reality stone but space stone really lets me shift momentum and close out games a lot more efficiently.

Still gonna keep reality stone on deck for when I don't feel like thinking lol

Skittles

Sorry, but I can't agree with this.

Some work has to be done in parallel. What about the artists and modelers that have essentially finished the bulk of their tasks by that time?

Maybe comparison to SF4, UMvC3, and even SFV DLC would be better than to a Big Mac meal.
I actually included this in my original but deleted it because it was a "no shit" kinda thing. Artists/animators breaking off into a group away from programmers to do DLC work has been a thing for over a decade. Even if the Artists/animators finished their work around the time the game went gold. There is nearly a 0% chance any programmer was doing any kind of work on the characters. Since it would be incredibly stupid to not have them help get the game actually out the door. So actual implementation of these characters didn't start the game was gold and the whole team was on board the DLC

brian!

The more I use space stone, the more I feel like this shit is the truth. Reality stone is reality stone but space stone really lets me shift momentum and close out games a lot more efficiently.

Yeah i agree, tho at some point i feel like reality will just get exposed. The space storm is so strong

Coda

Personally for me I can never mix someone up that well once I put them in the box because they go into ultra defense mode. Sometimes I open them up but usually I can't find that opening.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH Neither of those characters looked really fun in the trailer. Sigma's Level 3 is cool and so is the dashing stuff Black Panther does but I'm going to see some pros playing around at NYCC.

Also holy shit at pretty much every aspect of this game's PR being unpredictable and pretty much the worst possible. Characters not being announced in pairs, lop-sided DLC slate, 3 characters releasing at once.

Seriously, what the fuck. Who is directing this shit?

brian!

Personally for me I can never mix someone up that well once I put them in the box because they go into ultra defense mode. Sometimes I open them up but usually I can't find that opening.

Yeah it's def way more effective if you have tag available

FSLink

Banned

Yep, Reality Stone (Spidey infinite aside) is the scrub killer. I'm also seeing a lot of new tech for Time Stone Infinity Storm lately too.

I get the feeling not really anybody. It's like barely controlled chaos of an understaffed department that is basically winging things every day. I actually feel really sorry for the devs on this game with as little support as they are getting at the company level.

I wish Sigma was more like his X4 and X5 design in terms of moves but I knew deep down inside that he was just gonna swing around the stupid lightsaber.

JayEH

You know it’s interesring we haven’t seen any of the Japanese developers at all outside of Ono at events or anything. It’s been capcom USA leading the charge for better or worse.

I do find it strange how everyone focuses on the Spiderman issue where there's a real glitch that is far more problematic. However I believe the Dante/Chun tech is not able to be performed consistently yet, right? It does seem like the sort of tech where everyone could have a move that is affected.

No, not consistently.

Sometimes I can't tell whether or not a person is successfully defending against it or it's just not coming out consistently. But I have seen players block low for the crouching light and then block high for the stinger afterwards.

It's pretty amazing how fast the community responds to things in regards to defense.

I'm starting to see people handle Dorm's thorn garden a lot better for example.

The back and forth is great to see. Nonetheless, certain things need to be addressed. Spiderman's infinite, overheads not intended to be overheads (aka glitches or things that are not intended by the combat designers/developers).

HardRojo

TBH Neither of those characters looked really fun in the trailer. Sigma's Level 3 is cool and so is the dashing stuff Black Panther does but I'm going to see some pros playing around at NYCC.

Also holy shit at pretty much every aspect of this game's PR being unpredictable and pretty much the worst possible. Characters not being announced in pairs, lop-sided DLC slate, 3 characters releasing at once.

Marketing and PR have been such a huge mess, I can't even believe how badly managed the whole thing has been.

Director's definitely arent in charge of DLC and monetization planning

It really seems like no one is at the helm for this project. Like, it's just there...and stuff happens. I know that isn't the case, but the person making these decisions seem to have no care for the future of this game.

HotHamBoy

It really seems like no one is at the helm for this project. Like, it's just there...and stuff happens. I know that isn't the case, but the person making these decisions seem to have no care for the future of this game.

You're just describing Capcom. It's being run into the ground by a bunch of increasingly out of touch old men who have nothing but contempt for their medium and audience.

The company still has talent but it's all stifled from the top-down. Most of the best vetern Capcom talent fled last gen or earlier.

Waifu Hunter DLC will save the game don’t worry. Just like chun li in SF. Kappa?

Well, Waifu DLC is what keeps DoA5 LR going in perpetuity.

Funny, the game launches with only 4 Female characters but you'd think they'd look at their SFV dlc costume sales and realize boobs = bucks. (I'm not saying that's WHY the game should have more ladies, that's just the cynic in me)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda debating on actually not getting the DLC now. I want to and most likely will, but man...
I feel the exact same.

Maybe the game bombs so bad that the season pass goes on sale on November/December, but right now I'm hesitant even if Venom blows my mind.

Pro gameplay will probably sway me to buying, though.

Ryce

I got the game for $40 and managed to get the Amazon music offer working at the last minute, so I'm essentially paying $60 for a 36 character roster, which I can live with. Monster Hunter, Black Panther, and Sigma all look really fun to me, and I know I'm going to like Venom.

Perineum

I have 0 desire to fuck with Sigma or MH but BP is going to be my main unless he has the worst toolset of all time or awkward inputs or something off big time.

8 bucks for my BP? In. Not feeling his wave 2 costume though. OG for me all day. Him and Ultron going to synergize like craaaazy.

kirblar

The pricing structure (forced Costume+Char bundle) is clearly meant to drive people to the character pass. It's still bizarre that they didn't just use the SFV model here tho. (6+4 indvidually.)

Sayad

I'm thinking maybe I'll pick MH now, and pick up the season pass later when it's $10, shouldn't take long right?! I'm really only interested in MH and 2 Capcom characters only + 2 regular humans with guns kinda kills it for me!

I feel the exact same.

Maybe the game bombs so bad that the season pass goes on sale on November/December, but right now I'm hesitant even if Venom blows my mind.

I'm conflicted. I know I'm most likely going to get it because I really enjoy the game, though.

But I won't be buying those alts. Fuck that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm thinking maybe I'll pick MH now, and pick up the season pass later when it's $10, shouldn't take long right?! I'm really only interested in MH and 2 Capcom characters only + 2 regular humans with guns kinda kills it for me!

season passes are the thing that usually takes ages to get sales, because thats "where they get ya"

its also why, for example, you see so many "big" triple A titles in the humble monthly, with the catch being, its lways just the vanilla version.

MrMephistoX

Didn't see this posted here but Max had a really really good vidblog on the situation. I totally agree it's a great game and you really don't want to root for Capcom to fail because it will probably result in them not making more fighting games until Japanese management retires...I too hope they find a way to make money off of it long term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvqFGV3M8o

JAXXX

Report: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite DLC Was Cut from Final Game

If you thought that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite was just a little bit off, you may be right. YouTuber and Comicbook.com Writer Liam Robertson uncovered some interesting info about the game directly from employees at Capcom involved with the project, which he talked to over the past few months leading to the game’s release. They proved to be reliable sources since they provided accurate info to Robertson about the DLC characters months ahead of their announcement.

Speaking of which, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has DLC coming for a fighter from the Monster Hunter franchise as well as Marvel’s Black Panther. However, Robertson’s sources said that both characters were completed months before launch and could have easily been a part of the final game. Capcom was even considering including them in the game at launch, but decided to cut them from the game so that people would have to pay for them separately after launch. This is especially questionable considering that content related to Black Panther and the Monster Hunter fighter was in the final game. Black Panther even appeared in the story mode.

Many on social media have lampooned the lack of production values for the game, especially in regards to the character models and other areas where corners were cut. This drop in quality from other games in the series is perhaps best demonstrated with the tweet below comparing Ghost Rider’s Level 3 Super between Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Infinite, as mentioned by Robertson. PewDiePie’s current profile picture for his channel is a picture of Infinite’s Dante from Devil May Cry with a red square over it as the character model for Dante was one of the most mocked aspects of the game.

Robertson wasn’t able to get exact figures in regards to the budget for the game, but a few sources told him that the budget was around half of what was reserved for the DLC plans for Street Fighter V. Not half the budget of the whole game, mind you, but the DLC. This may explain why some features in previous games in the series were unavailable and why the animations and models had corners cut.

In fact, much of Infinite’s content was made using preexisting internal assets. Many of the models including much of the roster on the Capcom side had their character models and other assets brought over from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which was released on November 15, 2011. Some assets were lifted from other old games. Little to no changes were made to the recycled assets. Artists were told to simply alter the shaders for the new art style with only minor tweaks made to make them work.

The sources were very concerned about how little was being spent on the game, with some describing it as a shoestring budget. However, their management saw no problems with it at all and ignored concerns from developers. Higher ups only started to take notice when fans started deriding the graphics on social media and forums. People making fun of Chun-Li’s appearance is said to have played a big role in this, causing management to intervene and have part of the game touched up in time for release.

Robertson previously uncovered evidence of a lost adventure game starring Mario and the Raving Rabbids, meaning that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle isn’t the first crossover with Super Mario and the Rabbids planned.

source-
http://heavy.com/games/2017/10/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-dlc-characters-graphics-budget/

JeTmAn81

Hurray, more "inside" info. I'm sick of that trash. BTW, in terms of actual core features MVCI is more complete on launch than probably any other Capcom fighter of the last decade. Story mode, arcade mode, replays, rock solid online play and lobbies. The meat's there, it just tastes a little cheap and fatty.

Perineum

I was going to actually post that these had to be done or on disc, because they are releasing 3 at once lol.

Man I'm sure many developers do this, but know to hide it well. Capcom getting caught with their pants down on stuff like this is so 2012.

I genuinely imagine Capcom USA and Japan is just some of the dumbest mother fuckers on Earth who are hired, and somehow catch lightning when it comes to their core gameplay loop for their franchises. The rest? Yeesh.

Jawmuncher

I was going to actually post that these had to be done or on disc, because they are releasing 3 at once lol.

Man I'm sure many developers do this, but know to hide it well. Capcom getting caught with their pants down on stuff like this is so 2012.

I genuinely imagine Capcom USA and Japan is just some of the dumbest mother fuckers on Earth who are hired, and somehow catch lightning when it comes to their core gameplay loop for their franchises. The rest? Yeesh.

It's not new for capcom. They did it with RE7 as well. The Jack's Birthday mode was pulled off the completed game and put as DLC.

JayEH

I am Liam Robertson’s source. I knew this all.
And anybody with 2 eyes did as well.

It's not new for capcom. They did it with RE7 as well. The Jack's Birthday mode was pulled off the completed game and put as DLC.

I still can’t believe that capcom got away with selling dlc a week after launch. I remember it was around that time everyone was freaking out about the zelda season pass (lol) so it took away a lot of attention from RE7.

I feel the exact same.

Yeah. 8 bucks is insane... You pretty much have to get the Season Pass if you plan on getting more than a few characters. I'm going to wait till the last possible second before Sigma and pals come out before I decide and even then I might delay getting it and wait for a sale.

patchday

For some reason publishers hate reducing DLC prices (see Injustice 2, you can get the deluxe edition at reduced price but DLC still same price as launch!!!). Same thing with GG Xrd REV 2 which is aggravating. Only way to get REV2 cheap is wait for a Flash sale and buy the entire game at reduced price. The actual DLC always overpriced.
My guess this is how publishers give used game sales the finger. You know- punish the used game buyer with full price DLC

Only way I know of to reduce prices is get Deluxe at discounted price like I did -OR- wait for inevitable Ultimate Edition. But at this rate the community might be really small and even more cutthroat. And DBFZ will be out.... So they better have X-men (but I get this nagging feeling up my spine we never getting X-men and DOOM Idk why they better prove my tingling senses wrong)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hurray, more "inside" info. I'm sick of that trash. BTW, in terms of actual core features MVCI is more complete on launch than probably any other Capcom fighter of the last decade. Story mode, arcade mode, replays, rock solid online play and lobbies. The meat's there, it just tastes a little cheap and fatty.

Great they outdid their empty box with a box with a penny in it. Good on them. The gameplay may be fun and awesome on a serious level but at the end of the day the mass market doesnt care about only that and that's costing capcom big

and no having a half assed story mode doesn't make it "more complete"

Them asking for 30 bucks less than a month after release is 100% not "more complete"

SSF4 and Ultra SF4 both are far more complete games

Ryce

When does the NYCC show floor open to the public tomorrow? I'm hoping for lots of Sigma and Black Panther footage throughout the day.

Top Bottom