• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

smurfx

get some go again
Arthur was at both NWM and SCR (grand finals).

Frank West is pretty bad in this game. I thought he would be good but then digging him into in MVCI... his chainsaws don't hit overhead. That's like 60% of what made him good in Marvel 3. Makes no sense to me since quite a few characters have instant overheads in this game and him not having them while leveled up his lame. Also Counter Switch breaks him as well.
some characters seem like they were balanced for umvc. i'm wondering if at one point this game was 3vs3 and they changed it and kept some of the characters partially balanced for the old game.

Dahbomb

TO THAT DUDE (PADWARRIOR) WHO WAS ASKING ABOUT HOW TO DO SPIDER MAN'S MISSION MODE #9!!!

Ok so you have to do the Web Zip UP/FORWARD direction. The demonstration isn't clear. After that the hardest point is linking the j.LK after the Web Zip (QCB+LK) and then using the super after you spike them to the ground with the final j.HK.

Everything just has to be inputted really quickly.

Dahbomb

RyanLV is playing Morrigan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuGvCVpBIOU

https://youtu.be/uYsjErwh90E

How many characters other than Iron Man actually lost some old moves? It just feels so strange.
Ryu lost a few moves. He can't do multiple the fireballs, the charged invisible fireball that wall bounces and he doesn't have his install hyper.

Spencer lost Bionic Arm. They replaced it with something called Armor Piercer or some shit. It's wack.

Hulk lost aerial command grab.

Captain America lost down/forward angle Shield Slash.

Dante lost Hysteric and Grapple.

Hawkeye lost some arrow/jump angles and lost Speed Shot and Hunter Arrow.

Some of Rocket's moves were replaced with Groot.

Chris lost some stuff.

Nova lost the Gravimetric Shield.

Probably a bunch more I am missing, this is not a master list.

Funny is that the characters who lost the most were the lower tier characters. Zero, Dorm, most of Dante (he got new moves to compensate) had their hefty tools in tact and even got extra stuff to play with.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
RyanLV is playing Morrigan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuGvCVpBIOU

https://youtu.be/uYsjErwh90E

Ryu lost a few moves. He can't do multiple the fireballs, the charged invisible fireball that wall bounces and he doesn't have his install hyper.

Spencer lost Bionic Arm. They replaced it with something called Armor Piercer or some shit. It's wack.

Hulk lost aerial command grab.

Captain America lost down/forward angle Shield Slash.

Dante lost Hysteric and Grapple.

Hawkeye lost some arrow/jump angles and lost Speed Shot and Hunter Arrow.

Some of Rocket's moves were replaced with Groot.

Chris lost some stuff.

Nova lost the Gravimetric Shield.

Probably a bunch more I am missing, this is not a master list.

Funny is that the characters who lost the most were the lower tier characters. Zero, Dorm, most of Dante (he got new moves to compensate) had their hefty tools in tact and even got extra stuff to play with.
Yeah, they're about the only person that does. Thanks for the links~

Also Morrigan lost that Soul Fist that absorbed stuff, and I think Firebrand lost some variations for fireballs. Chris lost his ability to not be bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SonicFox is always laughing his ass off, dude seems like hes having legit fun lol. Why is he so good?

And if hes this good already, why didnt he play 3? o_O

Sesha

UE4 is getting input latency fixes with version 4.18:

"While working on Battle Royale we identified some issues with input latency in the engine that particularly affected 30Hz games. We were able to make improvements to thread synchronization, reducing latency by around 66ms (the reduction will be around half that in a 60Hz title) to address this problem."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443233

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You don't want to Know, it will only make you more insecure about your skills 😅

19 what the FUCK? hes a baby and hes already winning 120k in Injustice and whatever he won in MK and whatever he'll win in Marvel and shit?

"While working on Battle Royale we identified some issues with input latency in the engine that particularly affected 30Hz games. We were able to make improvements to thread synchronization, reducing latency by around 66ms (the reduction will be around half that in a 60Hz title) to address this problem."

Wait how many frames of lag would this reduce things by? Wouldn't developers have to go in and patch the game themselves l?

GeoNeo

I disagree.

Says by 4.19 for input delay fix. But, that would reduce input delay by about 2 frames so MVCi (88.5ms) would be down to 3 frames of input delay (lower than even UMVC3 on 360). DBZF Beta had huge input delay 86-91ms, Tekken 7 has 120ms, SFV 88.6 (newest patch)

Source of input delay tests: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...ontrollers-etc-dbzf-x1-beta-mvci-ps4-added/p1

I really hope all these devs using UE4 implement these features. Right now MVCi is using UE4 4.15.

lol just learning you can get a level 3 in gem mode by pressing the activation button again. im gonna get so many level 3s now. just going by what i see not that many people are using this.
The game really doesn't tell you shit.

I just found out that spamming moves reduces the chip damage they do.

TO THAT DUDE (PADWARRIOR) WHO WAS ASKING ABOUT HOW TO DO SPIDER MAN'S MISSION MODE #9!!!

Ok so you have to do the Web Zip UP/FORWARD direction. The demonstration isn't clear. After that the hardest point is linking the j.LK after the Web Zip (QCB+LK) and then using the super after you spike them to the ground with the final j.HK.

Everything just has to be inputted really quickly.
Thanks!!!

Dahbomb

I mean the budget for MVCI is that of SFV's DLC afterall. They could have chosen to improve UI of MVCI but instead chose to do that for SFV instead which needed it far less.

brian!

"Half of dlc" refers to support until 2020 and the arcade edition yes?

And it implies that mvci will be a success if it sold as well as sfv dlc?

patchday

What' the point of having 30 characters in the game, when you're most likely to see only 10 to 11 being used in tournaments! It' gets pretty repetitive watching every video with no creativity just cheap same old, same old boring characters.

Yeah when I see Dante/Dorm vs Dante/blah I just go do something else. pretty much all these fighting games have this same stupid issue. Games like DoTA2 this issue is less bad since teams have a lot of bans to work with

Good on SonicFox for being the genius he is and being able to find the unconventional picks. Just like with IJ2, he saves the pro scene once again

Things will settle as the meta gets more fleshed out. It's month one. But you'll still see some frequent teams. Offline at my locals is crazy different. Even the better marvel heads are running unique shit.

patchday

^ Good point

Also I dont mean to be a hater I saw lots of good material last night like that Gamora/Nemesis team. I just get triggered when I see Dante

brian!

85% of the time (made up number) i run into gamora, dante, ultron, dorm, jedah, rocket, haggar. Surprising lack of cpt marvel, firebrand, nemesis and arthur, who are all strong as fuk

Jawmuncher

mv.jpg

Everyone on this key art i'd argue are the most likely picks for a third SF rep.
With Akuma being the highest since he can be ported over.

FSLink

Banned
Rashid should get priority, but I wouldn't mind a 4th character way later down the line (after they add more fan favorites). I'd really like a Sonic Boom user (so Nash or Guile) in a Marvel game again. Would also be cool to see someone like Urien who's a SF vet but hasn't been in a VS game.

Jawmuncher

I'd personally put juri over Rashid. Mainly for the fact that she's the only popular character from SF4 that seems like she'll be sticking to every game form here on. Rashid seems like that too for SFV but with no SF6 in sight who knows.

Though I can understand the reverse priority since MVC3 had C.Viper as the SF4 rep so Rashid would be in this as the SFV rep.

I really hope there's a rerelease similar to SFV later down the line for this.

Fix the UI, the graphics and add fucking Wesker. Have all that on disc for 39.99 and I'll buy the game.

Jawmuncher

I really hope there's a rerelease similar to SFV later down the line for this.

Fix the UI, the graphics and add fucking Wesker. Have all that on disc for 39.99 and I'll buy the game.

Honestly the SFV news has me really shakey on even buying any DLC now lol.
Like unless they add Regina I can wait 2 years since I don't have many people locally to play with. But regardless I really do hope something of that magnitude happens.
People want MvC despite the low sales of MvC:I. Just they want it with more effort and care put in.

Honestly the SFV news has me really shakey on even buying any DLC now lol.
Like unless they add Regina I can wait 2 years since I don't have many people locally to play with. But regardless I really do hope something of that magnitude happens.
People want MvC despite the low sales of MvC:I. Just they want it with more effort and care put in.

It made the decision to wait very easy for me. SFV:A proves Capcom can still do retail bundles.

I'll wait for the more complete game.

Top Bottom