• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

brian!

Rashid would have tornado mixups, wall bounce off his fullscreen kick, shoryu mixups, wall jump tag shit, itd be sick

I'm disappointed Zangief didn't make it in the base roster. Hagger isn't a real gripper type, he's more of a brawler/ gripper character.

If only Haggar could combo off his command grabs solo, the range on them is pretty big in this game. Like seriously, the light piledriver is about the length, maybe even slightly farther than his jab. Though people with good execution probably can combo off of it using the plink grab technique, so someone can pick them up off the ground or something like Dante with Volcano.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Honestly the SFV news has me really shakey on even buying any DLC now lol.
Like unless they add Regina I can wait 2 years since I don't have many people locally to play with. But regardless I really do hope something of that magnitude happens.
People want MvC despite the low sales of MvC:I. Just they want it with more effort and care put in.

If they did an update of this scale with MVCI, is it likely to be free for buyers of the original version like SFV's? My gut says "no"- maybe irrationally- which like you is making me feel pretty bad about my DLC options.

Pompadour

Honestly the SFV news has me really shakey on even buying any DLC now lol.
Like unless they add Regina I can wait 2 years since I don't have many people locally to play with. But regardless I really do hope something of that magnitude happens.
People want MvC despite the low sales of MvC:I. Just they want it with more effort and care put in.

You shouldn't buy the DLC if that's your viewpoint. Regardless if they do Ultimate MvCI or not, the Deluxe edition WILL go on sale and I'll bet by PSX 2018 the Deluxe will go on sale and include S1 + S2.

brian!

Cmd grabs scale pretty hard, you can pick up after haggar's cmd grab but i think youll get at most like 2 more hits, prob better to do a setup

Pompadour

If they did an update of this scale with MVCI, is it likely to be free for buyers of the original version like SFV's? My gut says "no"- maybe irrationally- which like you is making me feel pretty bad about my DLC options.

MvCI is a very different animal. The only indication we got is a dev said this game will be a service (like SFV). That leads me to believe they'll just update the game with DLC instead of forcing paid updates. Fracturing the playerbase would kill the game.

The SFV news makes me feel like Capcom is just going to forget about Marvel and just really stay focusing on SFV.

So much more work has gone into SFV compared to Marvel. Maybe they thought they could half ass a Marvel game and still make a profit? Everything MvC is so half assed that it doesn't even make sense.

Hope I'm wrong but...I don't see Capcom supporting both games.

Nah Capcom isn't going to drop a fighting game just because one got an update that was a long time coming. Marvel could receive a face lift and a decent pr campaign and they'd be making some money off the game. Overhauling the game wouldn't even be that hard.

Pompadour

Nah Capcom isn't going to drop a fighting game just because one got an update that was a long time coming. Marvel could receive a face lift and a decent pr campaign and they'd be making some money off the game. Overhauling the game wouldn't even be that hard.

The X-Factor here
lul
is 1) MvCI sales might be catastrophic and 2) Marvel might have too much say on the future of Infinite. I don't think Capcom would just abandon the game. DLC is where they make their money (higher prices by default, no physical packaging costs, no cuts for brick-and-mortar stores).

Perineum

I could care less about street fighter characters in a Marvel game. Seriously. Play Street Fighter for more Rashid.

We need all of these dang overlooked franchises to get time to shine. Ryu from breath of fire, Asura, Powerstone, Rival Schools, etc.

Neoxon

mv.jpg

Everyone on this key art i'd argue are the most likely picks for a third SF rep.
With Akuma being the highest since he can be ported over.
Probably Rashid & Akuma, if I had to guess.

The lack of Karin or Menat is a bit surprising, though they likely weren't aware of Menat's popularity at the time.

Vic_Viper

Looking for some team up Roster advice. I've got a few characters I really like and feel like I have a good grasp on their mechanics, but I'm not sure who the optimal characters are to pick with them.

Characters:

Cap
Gamora
Thanos
Nova

Who should I try partnering up with them that compliment their fighting style well?

I hate using Frank West, Haggar, and the small Knight guy (forget his name ATM)

Durden77

SFV AE edition announcement has me feelin that this game will eventually be ok. Capcom so far this gen has shown that they are horrible with launching fighting games, but great with supporting them and updating them in meaningful ways over time. I have faith, that unless there's issues on Marvel's end, that MvCI will eventually find it's footing in the same way.

JeTmAn81

SFV AE edition announcement has me feelin that this game will eventually be ok. Capcom so far this gen has shown that they are horrible with launching fighting games, but great with supporting them and updating them in meaningful ways over time. I have faith, that unless there's issues on Marvel's end, that MvCI will eventually find it's footing in the same way.

They've only given consistent support to one game so far so we don't know if that dedication will continue across the board. I hope so. I doubt they'll abandon MVCI as quickly as they did UMVC3 anyway.

Weiss

Banned
They've only given consistent support to one game so far so we don't know if that dedication will continue across the board. I hope so. I doubt they'll abandon MVCI as quickly as they did UMVC3 anyway.

It was abandoned because they lost the Marvel license though, right?

IDK, I still think they can turn this around.

Tirael

It was abandoned because they lost the Marvel license though, right?

IDK, I still think they can turn this around.

It is my understanding that the contract didn't allow them to do much. Like I remember something about being allowed only one balance patch, period.

That's why they all had to come down from the online stores and off of shelves, because that was all the contract allowed.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The SFV news makes me feel like Capcom is just going to forget about Marvel and just really stay focusing on SFV.

Exactly the opposite, I'd say. The news for SFV, and how willing Capcom is to work on stuff and try to make a not-as-initially-successful product into something more soothing to people's wallets, gives me good hope for MVCI.

Even the oddball balance of characters in MVCI Season Pass 1 suggest this. Or the Spanish version having a stage incorrectly labeled "Quinjet Fuselage". It's obvious that Capcom's initial expectations include what they make out of DLC, and not just the initial release, now.

Really, why would they forget a game that's got a whole different fanbase, and set of developers, working on it? Don't you think SFV's content here was known for MONTHS before MVCI was release? Even the fact that Capcom USA seems to be more Mahvel, and Capcom JP seem to be more for SF, suggest they can co-exist.

Sesha

I'd love to see Menat added, but I expect Juri and/or Rashid because of their popularity.

I could care less about street fighter characters in a Marvel game. Seriously. Play Street Fighter for more Rashid.

We need all of these dang overlooked franchises to get time to shine. Ryu from breath of fire, Asura, Powerstone, Rival Schools, etc.

People expect to see certain characters and franchises, even if they never use them or play much.

patchday

Really we have plenty of characters from SFV and they have did a crap ton of harm because-

It won't help this game adding a shittier version of SFV characters. Just look at Chun Li- she still doesnt look as good as her SFV counterpart.

Now bringing in characters from MvC3 is a little less risky because they're getting more polygons and details

Bringing characters from SFV is -BAD- because they are losing polygons and will look like utter crap

Really we have plenty of characters from SFV and they have did a crap ton of harm because-

It won't help this game adding a shittier version of SFV characters. Just look at Chun Li- she still doesnt look as good as her SFV counterpart.

Now bringing in characters from MvC3 is a little less risky because they're getting more polygons and details

Bringing characters from SFV is -BAD- because they are losing polygons and will look like utter crap

They would lose polygons regardless if it looked good cuz the game needs to support multiple playable characters on screen.

Zissou

Marvel 3 and SF4 ran on the same hardware and the marvel renditions of those characters looked significantly better
for artistic reasons, but still true

Ryce

Are there any pro players at NYCC? I'm chomping at the bit for Black Panther and Sigma footage. They've been playable to the public for four hours now.

patchday

They would lose polygons regardless if it looked good cuz the game needs to support multiple playable characters on screen.

Bringing in a character from UMvC3 is fine because they gain polygons (even with multiple on the screen)
Bringing in a character from SFV is awful idea because, as we have established, they will look shitty in comparison to their native game (SFV)

Smart additions would be stuff from older games. Dumb additions is stuff from better looking AAA games that only has to support two characters on-screen

Bringing in a character from UMvC3 is fine because they gain polygons (even with multiple on the screen)
Bringing in a character from SFV is awful idea because, as we have established, they will look shitty in comparison to their native game (SFV)

Smart additions would be stuff from older games. Dumb additions is stuff from better looking AAA games that only has to support two characters on-screen

That didn't stop MvC3 from bringing in a lower res version of C. Viper.

Tirael

Yeah, but the old characters aren't great. They just put super high resolution textures on them that make them look uncanny, and make them play weird. All the new characters I've played so far feel and look wonderful.

Sigma is the missing piece to X.

Believe.

Until then I settled on the Coach Steve Special: Nova and Spencer. I like Strange, but I don't think he's for me until MonHun can come out. But then I might partner up with Venom.

This is like the tenth time I've switched teams. I need to stop.

MrMephistoX

So much more work has gone into SFV compared to Marvel. Maybe they thought they could half ass a Marvel game and still make a profit? Everything MvC is so half assed that it doesn't even make sense.

Hope I'm wrong but...I don't see Capcom supporting both games.

I would think the opposite...why wouldn't they support both? Clearly this long term DLC based approach and emphasis on e-sports has worked for SFV so why not put effort into the title that has much higher mainstream appeal? Wolverine for $8 will sell bucket loads more than someone obscure like Abel or a newcomer like Kolin. With the budget being so low the DLC here is pure profit...and with the use of the license it makes a hell of a lot more sense to invest in both especially given the ties to ESPN and the push for esports content at Disney who owns both ESPN and Marvel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so soon (as in before the eyar ends) we will know if the 4th marvel character will take a Capcom spot, which will look super stupid with a red box on the blue side, or if they will leave that spot open and put a solo character on a new row... which will also look stupid lol.

The later option would at least most likely "prove" more dlc I guess.

Does this mean a Marvel character will encroach upon the Capcom side?

If so, that is unacceptable.

I mean, we've known this was an "issue" since they announced the season pass was 4 marvel 2 capcom

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Imagine buying the characters separately just to even out the select screen. lol

I mean, the spots are empty because the characters dont exist in the game, but I guess we will know for sure on October 17th when they patch those 3 in and people that dont have the season pass can tell us what it looks like.

ZeroCDR

lol that character select screen is going to look so weird once this Season is done, hopefully Season 2 isn't far off. I have to believe they're at least doing Season 2, anyway.

I'd almost say the season pass is a must because that layout with empty space is terrible.
Since i'm unsure if they'll do the whole thing like SFV where unbought character's still show on the select screen.

Like Capcom would miss an opportunity to take you to their store page when you click on a darkened character box.

Top Bottom