• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

kikiribu

giphy.gif

I expect Champ to wash Sonic Fox.
SonicFox adapts crazy fast so I doubt it

I'm not entirely sure if you can just quit. I just ran arcade mode switching teams every three matches (having cleared it with every character once before) and got the fourth colours for every characters. You might be able to just quit after clearing the battles though.

It seems like you just need to play a certain number of matches with a character, either in Arcade mode or online. Super weird how it works...
Quitting did indeed still give me the 4th color. Must just be the number of matches.

It's the little things: the fact that it's bezeled, that it's not using a shitty cheap looking gradient, that it seems to be two parts that meet at the middle instead of having a weird fade from one colour to another.

Notice how selected characters are marked as selected? Notice how both above and below the character portraits there's a larger gutter, rather than only above? Notice how you the edges of the portraits don't mix into the background gradient? Notice how it's better organized?

Shit, notice the better female to male ratio?

The Sonic twitter account cares more about it's made up Sonic fighting game than Capcom cares about the next installment in it's second biggest fight game franchise.

Sega does what Capcom can't.

brian!

I think fchamp is better but sonicfox seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train and i need him to show why he's so popular

wille9

Still no Sigma or Black Panther footage from the show floor? I'm disappointed in you, NYCC attendees.

Marvel has no interest,t in this game, only the licenses fee's Capcom is paying them.Marvel's only interested in promoting their own game Contest of Champions.

smurfx

get some go again
If only Haggar could combo off his command grabs solo, the range on them is pretty big in this game. Like seriously, the light piledriver is about the length, maybe even slightly farther than his jab. Though people with good execution probably can combo off of it using the plink grab technique, so someone can pick them up off the ground or something like Dante with Volcano.
they would rather other characters be able to combo off of command grabs than haggar. characters with way more options. haggar being able to combo off of grabs is too op for capcom i guess. wonder if fchamp is the one who helped balance haggar.

Dahbomb

To be fair, Haggar does like 3k damage raw off of command grab and most command grabs net you about that much damage after you do a combo from them.

That said command grabs and regular grabs are fairly weak in this game especially compared to Marvel 3.

sinkfla87

Champ is on a whole nother level in this game, but SonicFox is, too. Sonic adapts quickly and has already beaten some notable players. With that said I predict:

Champ will easily win the first or first and second game.
Champ will have more trouble on the third but still win.
Sonic will adapt and take a game off of champ.
Champ will win game after Sonic's first win.
This is where Sonic will adapt and win a few games in a row.

Final score I believe will be something along the lines of
Champ - 10, Sonic - 7/8

I want Sonic to win but Champ is ridiculous in this game. I HOPE I am wrong with my prediction.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what time is this Fchamp v SonicFox thing happening? hopefully I can catch it at work, please make sure to spam the thread with the links when it happens!

smurfx

get some go again
Sonicfox is good, but I think Fchamp has the edge. His Dorm + anyone team is deadly.
i saw on twitter that the time stone dash can set off rockets traps without taking damage. wonder if champ is going to counter pick the stone.

Neonep

I'm excited for Black Panther but I don't want to drop Zero for him, he has too much utility. I think I should try and find one more character I like and pair them with Black Panther as my 2nd team.

Top Bottom