• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

3VwS4xE.jpg

xxIq5zI.jpg

That's really strange choices of costumes.

...and we know which costumes are definitely going to be unpopular.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Absolutely in love with some of these alts, and love how 'out there' some choices are.

Would really like to see a good classic costume for Hawkeye though. His default is such an eyesore.

Piccoro

IxWBCQ4.jpg

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSS!~!!!!!!

I wonder if the super where he rides the bike will be replaced by a horse...

EDIT:

Battle in style with these new Premium Costumes available on October 17 in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite!

If you want to battle in style, a total of 18 Premium Costumes will be available starting on October 17, along with Black Panther, Sigma, and Monster Hunter. These costumes can be purchased individually, as part of a pack of six, or all 18 at once. Take a look at the new additions you can make to your wardrobe below.

If there's a specific costume that meets your eye, you can purchase it individually for $3.99. Otherwise, there are three different packs that include six Premium Costumes available for $11.99 per pack.

Avenging Army – True to its name, this pack contains Premium Costumes for three Avengers and three heroes in their own regard.

[premium costume for Iron Man] [Hawkeye] [Thor]

[premium costume for Dante] [Spencer] [Arthur]

World Warriors – Whether

Post under construction.

Sesha

DmC Dante. Huh, neat. Can't wait for DMC5 Dante.

That's easily the best Alt Costume so far in this game for the Capcom Side.
Looks like they did some actual work for it. Almost makes me wonder if they ever considered having DmC as the default at one point.

Doubtful. DMC3 Dante is the fan favorite and the default version in Western crossovers (DMC1 in Japan-focused stuff), and is the favorite of the DMC dev team as well.

OK, DmC Dante looks great.
I've always been a fan of his design (well, his final design, not the initial one that was shown that people who never played the game yet are so keen to use as an example to say how bad he looked).

I'm kinda sad he wasn't in the actual roster. He had a lot of interesting stuff on DmC, and you could have had anyone from DMC4SE as a classic DMC rep.

DmC Dante has less options than DMC3 Dante, and overall is less interesting, so no thanks. The best thing they could have done with DmC Dante was add Ricoshot, Rake, Raze and Aquila to Dante's current moveset.

Jawmuncher

Thor and Captain America got the shittiest ones

DmC Dante. Huh, neat. Can't wait for DMC5 Dante.
Doubtful. DMC3 Dante is the fan favorite and the default version in Western crossovers (DMC1 in Japan-focused stuff), and is the favorite of the DMC dev team as well.

None of which applies to a game that had no actual DMC team involvement.
Not saying they straight up went "We gotta change this we fucked up". But I would not be surprised if they at least humored the idea when talking about the roster.

JayEH

Maybe the Dante in the game currently was always Donte just using the alt costume in DmC. He’s now revealing himself. 🤔

Sesha

Thor and Captain America got the shittiest ones

None of which applies to a game that had no actual DMC team involvement.
Not saying they straight up went "We gotta change this we fucked up". But I would not be surprised if they at least humored the idea when talking about the roster.

The first two definitely apply.

Humored, maybe, but to what degree are we talking about?

I think I'm just going to go for costumes of characters that didn't come with the deluxe edition.

I really want that Dante and Morrigan. I'm assuming they won't be grouped together though.

Jawmuncher

The first two definitely apply.

Humored, maybe, but to what degree are we talking about?

I mean. MVC is made for the west more than Japan so that could always play a factor.
As for humored I imagine it went.
"We need Dante in the game who should we go with?"
"We could always use DmC dante."
"Mmm maybe or we could just use that as a DLC costume and put in DMC3 dante"
"Makes sense, break for lunch"

BiggNife

These costumes keep the Capcom trend of alts that range from "Fantastic" to "what the fuck were they thinking"

The Cap and Spencer costumes are just bad

Some costumes, like Chris and Nemesis, look fine but not different enough from the default to warrant the premium price for these costumes imo

Joe Fixit and Cowboy Ghost Rider look great and are very good deep-cuts for fans

DmC Dante actually looks better than he did in DmC, and considerably less grody than the default Dante skin, which is kind of bizarre and hilarious

Neoxon

Interesting that they call Captain Marvel's costume Warbird raher than Ms. Marvel.

I'm taking this as a lowkey confirmation for Kamala Khan.
I was gonna mention the same thing. Not sure if it's straight-up confirming Kamala, but it's a good sign.

Top Bottom