• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

tribal24

Banned
Not for the original roster. Only the DLC characters come with their alts, regardless of it you got the season pas or no.

They should have just labeled it a character pass season pass gets everyone confused.

Whoops looks like they did, everyone knew what to expect then.

wille9

There should be an alternative DLC theme packs for Infinite like they have for SFV! Even Marvel 2 has a better OST than MVCI does!

PSqueak

Banned
There should be an alternative DLC theme packs for Infinite like they have for SFV! Even Marvel 2 has a better OST than MVCI does!

Before they even think of adding new themes they need to, and for free, add the "classic style" for BGMs, in which the song changes to the entering character upon defeating a character and where infinity surges don't override themes.

Does anyone think the DLC characters could unlock 12AM tonight? I really don't want to wait until tomorrow evening. Seeing them on the character select screen is so tough.

Cowboy Ghost Rider is sick af but these fucking prices!

Capcom's acting desperate...

Also, if any of you use Donte, I'll body your ass.

And if it turns out you're good and beat me I'll consider rage quitting

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"If you have decided you want all 18 of these glorious costumes, you can purchase the Premium Costume Pass for $29.99! This pass will also contain the Premium Costumes for the remaining characters, which will be available later this year.

We’re still working on Premium Costumes for the remaining characters and will have them ready by the end of the year! To stay up to date on all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook."

patchday

Cowboy Ghost Rider is sick af but these fucking prices!

Capcom's acting desperate...

These prices are probably typical. I know BlazBlue charges $7.99 per character and you dont even get a costume

Probably gonna pass on that Costume Pass though cause its cheaper for me to only buy the 2-3 I fancy

NEO0MJ

These prices are probably typical. I know BlazBlue charges $7.99 per character and you dont even get a costume

Probably gonna pass on that Costume Pass though cause its cheaper for me to only buy the 2-3 I fancy

If you're buying three characters you might as well spend the extra $6 for the remaining three.

"If you have decided you want all 18 of these glorious costumes, you can purchase the Premium Costume Pass for $29.99! This pass will also contain the Premium Costumes for the remaining characters, which will be available later this year.

We’re still working on Premium Costumes for the remaining characters and will have them ready by the end of the year! To stay up to date on all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook."

Ok. That makes me much more inclined to just grab it then.

Neoxon

I may just get the Costume Pass, then. $1 per costume is a solid-ass deal.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's amusing to see some friends went from complaining about 30 dollars for 18 costumes and proclaim they wouldn't buy it, to YES I'm buying it!

NEO0MJ

It's amusing to see some friends went from complaining about 30 dollars for 18 costumes and proclaim they wouldn't buy it, to YES I'm buying it!

Well, $1 per costume is an easier pill to swallow than $1.67 :p

Edit: got my math wrong. It's $ 0.83 with the pass.

Edit 2: Misread. Thought that the second half would be 18 costumes but I now see that it just mentions the remaining characters.

I might buy Dante, Chun-Li, and Morrigan. Chun and Morrigan's new costumes might get me to play them more. I like Doctor Strange's costume but Idk if I'll ever use him.

Modern age of gaming lol. Season pass, costume pass, battle pass, loot boxes lol. Sure there are still companies like CDprojekt or Larian studios but AAA gamespace is pathetic.

30 bucks for all the costumes of the original characters is a damn steal in my eyes. Damn. Guess I'm a sucker and gonna buy it.

And yeah CDPR had one too so I don't know what Gunslinger is talking about. Companies are gonna sell DLC. I'd rather have a pass than buying piece meal.

vg260

Is that the cheapest Capcom has offered alternate costumes for at release? ~$1 per costume?

SFxT costumes were $1 a la carte and cheaper per costume in bundles, although I can't remember if they offered the bundles at launch.

~$1 per costume average was typically the cost of the worst value bundles, and even <$1 for the better value bundles. However, they typically saved the all-in bundles until after they gradually released the smaller bundles over time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

patchday

Modern age of gaming lol. Season pass, costume pass, battle pass, loot boxes lol. Sure there are still companies like CDprojekt or Larian studios but AAA gamespace is pathetic.

These costumes are completely optional content. There is no downside (beyond bigger installs and bandwidth to get it) and they enrich the game by adding more eye candy

Nothing has changed. If you want to go back to the golden era- then simply install the base game, never install updates, and just play locally. That is 100% how I used to play my old fighting games with friends.

So, in conclusion, you are referencing a non-issue in regards to this game (unless you want to argue how base content might've been pulled out and inserted into DLC then yes I will agree there). But we are talking bout costumes right now so my post is bout that

The glory days of fighting games had you buying multiple releases and hoping they'd stick, at full price no less. New iterations for a few characters were like the 60 dollar games of today. DLC at least lets us piece meal things and spread the costs out.

kirblar

SFV's costume packs have gone on sale on PSN multiple times previously. Waiting for a flash sale on the $30 pack is the best long term play if you want them... but don't want to spend a lot.

vg260

SFV's costume packs have gone on sale on PSN multiple times previously. Waiting for a flash sale on the $30 pack is the best long term play if you want them... but don't want to spend a lot.

There is also typically a spend $100, get $15 back on PSN in October if there's also a game and other stuff coming out you plan to buy.

I will never put Donte as my avatar. NEVER.

There is also typically a spend $100, get $15 back on PSN in October if there's also a game and other stuff coming out you plan to buy.

30 for season pass
30 for character pass

I guess I'll just piece meal some DLC throughout the weeks for other games then.

Top Bottom