• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

vg260

There is also typically a spend $100, get $15 back on PSN in October if there's also a game and other stuff coming out you plan to buy.

30 for season pass
30 for character pass

I guess I'll just piece meal some DLC throughout the weeks for other games then.

Just to clarify, nothing officially announced about that promo yet, but it usually happens sometime in October.

Just to clarify, nothing officially announced about that promo yet, but it usually happens sometime in October.

I'll probably pick it up when they announce it and maybe a few other games. Can't wait on that Season Pass since I want my characters.

Dahbomb

I hope DmC Dante says "I'm your prom date, you ugly sack of shit" as a unique intro dialogue.

If they add Vergil to the game and you lose to him he says "at least I have a bigger dick"

Yass gimme the DmC stuff!

Also I want a "never in a million years" quote too.

Will they have better themes for each character and stage as DLC later down the line?
Yes.

People will pay real money to replace Dante's theme.

Neoxon

So your not saving any money buying the pass? It's literally $30 for 30 costumes?
You actually are. Each costume is $3.99 on their own. By getting the Costume Pass, you're getting 30 costumes for the price of a little over 7 costumes.

Basically, if you're interested in the costumes of at least 7 characters, you'd might as well get the Costume Pass.

wille9

Ryu needs a double jump in this game and his supers need to do more damage! Buffing certain characters is a must in this game.

Dahbomb

Ryu needs a double jump in this game and his supers need to do more damage!
He could get that and he would still suck.

Unless his beam killed a character straight up but that wouldn't happen with the damage scaling system (ignoring bugs of course). But that would make him a stupid gimmick character.

Vergil's costume in DmC is actually nice. If he had DMC3 Vergil's face and hairstyle then he would look baller in the costume:

the_true_dmc_vergil_by_superheroforever21-d5xfj2a.jpg

I was already of aware of this, thanks to trying to use him, but Chris' grenades and their effects going away if you hit him is one of the dumbest things in this game. Like, what's even the point of using them now? Thanks to the small screen space, you don't get a chance to throw them out and on the rare chance you do your opponent will just slap you in the face with no consequence.

I played DmC on PC so I only know of the fedora

Good. That's how he should be remembered.

Skittles

Ya know, i'm willing to bet that nearly all the main roster was outsourced and the DLC/Costumes were made in house. Would explain why they look so much better than what we have

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
surprised Max isnt streaming the new characters tbh, especially Black Panther, seems like his kind of character

edit: oh its only out on xbox? mah bad

patchday

Oh so I have to pay $4 if I want the costumes separately from the pass. Dang but there's a few fuglies that I don't want. ew.. Might pass on the costumes altogether then

Trying to remember how much I was paying for skins in League of Legends. I know I spent over a hundred easy. not sure if I want to go that path again esp since I get bodied so much in this game lol. Would be different if I had 80%+ Winrate with a certain character

Swmystery

Neo Member
Oh so I have to pay $4 if I want the costumes separately from the pass. Dang but there's a few fuglies that I don't want. ew.. Might pass on the costumes altogether then.

Capcom's pricing of all the individual DLC really stings this time. I'd really like to be able to just pick up a few characters and costumes for a cheaper price, but it's looking like I'm going to have to buy the passes to avoid wasting money and end up with a bunch of stuff I don't really want. First-world problems, to be sure, but it's still irritating.

HotHamBoy

I just found out about this old promo ad for MvC1 and made me sad:

10007311.jpg

The characters have their own Mega Man Boss names:

Ryu = Hadou Man (a pun on Hadouken)
Spider-Man = Kumo Man (kumo meaning spider)
Captain Commando = Taichou Man (taichou meaning commander)
Venom = Doku Man (doku meaning venom)
Morrigan = Sexy Man (lol, wut?)
Gambit = Mr. Monami
Zangeif = Nagehame Ma (Nagehame meaning destructive throw)
Captain America = Meriken Man
Strider = Nazo no Ninja Robo (enigmatic robot)
Wolverine = Tsume Man (tsume meaning claw)

Durden77

In this strange age we live in of costumes controlling our wallets, 30$ for every character's costume is not an awful deal at all. I'll probably buy it. 3.99$ is pretty steep for a single costume, but they've balanced it out with these bundle options. Kind think that's what they intended though, Capcom loves pushin their bundles.

And omfg cowboy Ghost Rider. Like I have to get that.

Costumes in general look awesome, but there's definitely a few missteps in there. Like wtf at that Spencer alt? What even is that, and how was it not Rad immediately?

Neoxon

In this strange age we live in of costumes controlling our wallets, 30$ for every character's costume is not an awful deal at all. I'll probably buy it. 3.99$ is pretty steep for a single costume, but they've balanced it out with these bundle options. Kind think that's what they intended though, Capcom loves pushin their bundles.

And omfg cowboy Ghost Rider. Like I have to get that.
They’re actually starting to do costume bundles in SFV, too.

ZangBa

I can't justify 30 bucks for costumes that add nothing when I can buy so much more with that amount. To me, that pricing is absurd. I'll enjoy MH tho.

HotHamBoy

I can't justify 30 bucks for costumes that add nothing when I can buy so much more with that amount. To me, that pricing is absurd. I'll enjoy MH tho.

Agreed. $30 for skins is $30 your could spend on a whole other game.

Yeah, you say that now but last gen people thought $20 for the UMvC3 costume bundle was too much and that game had 50 characters.

People said the $4 costumes in SFV were justified because you could get the characters for free with Fight Money.

Well, I don't see any Fight Money in MvC:I

Keep buying it and they'll keep pushing it. Next gen skins will be $6 each.

vg260

Oh so I have to pay $4 if I want the costumes separately from the pass. Dang but there's a few fuglies that I don't want. ew.. Might pass on the costumes altogether then

Trying to remember how much I was paying for skins in League of Legends. I know I spent over a hundred easy. not sure if I want to go that path again esp since I get bodied so much in this game lol. Would be different if I had 80%+ Winrate with a certain character

I don't think you should compare skins in a fighting game to those outside of the genre as much as Capcom and other fighting game companies would like you to. MMOs typically haven't different business models, and skins in MMOs are even more absurdly priced because they can get away with the justification of the base game often being f2p.

Top Bottom