• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Grimsen

I wouldn't put it past Capcom to have the 30$ pass be only for the first 18 costumes.

If it's for 30 characters, I might bit. It'll depend on the Canadian price.

JAXXX

I suppose the $30 is also for the pending ones?
Hope they throw more costumes pictures later on
from capcom's blog post-
If you have decided you want all 18 of these glorious costumes, you can purchase the Premium Costume Pass for $29.99!

so that's probably another $29.99 for the remaining characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Hawkeye_TEX_0.png
Ultimate Hawkeye looks great.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
In other, completely different news, we now know more or less how scaling/hsd works:

The game actually keeps track of how much unscaled damage is done. Quoting Dantarion from the r/MvCI discord:

Dantarion said:
i found the constant used in the hitstun/damage formula
when i mess iwth it it changes how much damage and how long the combo system lets you squeeze out

Dantarion said:
I don't get the formula yet but heres what I think so far
I noticed that the game keeps a tally of how much damage is being done in the current combo....UNSCALED
this number is.....12k i think
the game does some division using that number and total damage, and thats where I think the HSD glitch comes into play
im doing to try to visualize it today and make a video

Dantarion said:
i dont get the formula yet but it is def a constant value that is compared to total damage in the combo, and then used for damage and hitstun scaling
if i make it bigger everything scales less and combos go on longer, if i mak eit smaller combos scale earlier
I just confirmed it
its 12k unscaled damage

Dantarion said:
yep this is neat, this one value can be tweaked to change how much damage combos do and howl ong they go
i tested by making nemesis loop c.LK->rocket in the corner
it normally drops at around 4.5k~ but by doubling the scaling constant to 24k, suddenly it worked until...9k~
halving the hitstun constant had the same effect, and killed the loop earlier
testing HSD combos seems to show that they are moves that combo and work at minimum scaling for some reason

Don't know if this actually means something to anyone competitively or helps but it's neat, I think.

Dahbomb

DMC5 Dante costume going to be the only costume that costs $10.

Super Deluxe Premium Money Hats "fuck you give me money" costume.

I'm honestly shocked with just how good some of these alts are. Imagine what this game would have been like if they put as much time and care into its core aesthetics as they put into that dante alt...

Sesha

DMC5 Dante costume going to be the only costume that costs $10.

Super Deluxe Premium Money Hats "fuck you give me money" costume.

That's because he'll be his own character with a new moveset. Itsuno-sama will finally deliver that spear weapon. My lord, I am not ready!

Dahbomb

That's because he'll be his own character with a new moveset. Itsuno-sama will finally deliver that spear weapon. My lord, I am not ready!
Das my joint!

Also we already know what the Gamora costume is going to be... it's that green comic costume.

Second part of Wave 1 will probably come with the Widow/Venom/Soldier DLC update.

Neoxon

Those default sigma colors!! FUCKING FIRE!!!

Thanks Neo!
I'm always happy to help.

Anyway, Warbird Captain Marvel has an alternate color that references Ms. Marvel.
And before you guys get concerned, Superior Spider-Man has a Venom color, & we already know that we're getting Venom in Season 1. Colors referencing other characters don't really disconfirm anyone, anymore.

Dahbomb

So who are the characters left with no wave 1 costumes?

Ultron (we already know his costume)
Gamora (we know her costume)
Rocket Raccoon
Strider
Thanos
MMX
Zero
Haggar
Frank
Spider Man
Jedah
Nova

Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Venom

Neoxon

Rocket Raccoon
Strider
Thanos
MMX
Zero
Haggar
Frank
Spider Man
Jedah
Nova

Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Venom
We also already know Rocket's (Bendis costume) & X's (TrueForm).

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Rocket Raccoon
Strider
Thanos
MMX
Zero
Haggar
Frank
Spider Man
Jedah
Nova

Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Venom

We know X's and Rocket's and Spider-Man's Wave 1 costumes as well.

Top Bottom