• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dartastic

『Inaba Resident』;249671157 said:
I am LOVING how fast Chun Li is in this. She feels so good to play. Definitely my favorite version of her from any game.
RapidNearBorderterrier-max-14mb.gif

HilariousGleamingAdder-max-14mb.gif
I barely have any idea of what's going on here.
Kinda wanna give Chun a try, but damn she's hard to use. I tried my hand with her in MVC3, but that was mainly for her assist. Outside of her, maybe Spider-Man.
I've been trying Spidey since day one. I love playing him, but I need to get some legit combos down because I'm just not getting the damage I need. Maybe I'm just not picking a good enough partner for him yet, or I don't know the game systems well enough yet (almost certainly a combination of the two) but yeah. He's awesome.

FinKL

Captain Marvel's 7th mission, I can't seem to connect the aerial down HP, how fast do I need to jump and press down HP?

I don't remember that one, but I think if the downHP isn't coming out you have to hit it later than you think.

Dam at that Chun Gif. She's the new wolverine along with Spiderman. They just want to get in and stay in.

By the way, Space Stone has got to be god tier. So a lot of setups and chemistries work in this game when you have your partner so the second you knockout the first, you are already well on your way to winning the game. The Space stone prevents you from switching and forces you to eat mixups, I don't think the other stones can prevent the partner switch?

Giga Man

『Inaba Resident』;249671157 said:
I am LOVING how fast Chun Li is in this. She feels so good to play. Definitely my favorite version of her from any game.
RapidNearBorderterrier-max-14mb.gif

HilariousGleamingAdder-max-14mb.gif

Every time I see Chun-Li in a game, I want to play as her because she's so cool, but I HATE charge motions. I looked up her move list for this game, and the only charge moves she has are powered up versions of her Kikoken and Spinning Bird Kick. You can do the regular versions with normal motions. Are the charge versions worth utilizing at all?

By the way, I just want to share this with anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Desk's Chun-Li combo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBX4oeZ8Vw&t=0s
I won't spoil it, but the ending combo is fantastic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, this game must have one of the best tutorials out there too. Not as slow/dry/boring as Xrd ones, they quickly load between one another, show you basic utility, etc. Just missing neutral stuff like SG has, IIRC, although Skullgirls' makes you read essays which is no fun.

Interesting that if you use the mind surge consecutively on an opponent, they'll flip out and up into the air.

FinKL

Damn, this game must have one of the best tutorials out there too. Not as slow/dry/boring as Xrd ones, they quickly load between one another, show you basic utility, etc. Just missing neutral stuff like SG has, IIRC, although Skullgirls' makes you read essays which is no fun.

Interesting that if you use the mind surge consecutively on an opponent, they'll flip out and up into the air.

What's super cool about Mind is that for some reason the ground surge is a few frames, but in the air it's almost instantaneous. I was able to Mind surge someone coming in after killing their partner one time.

brian!

What's super cool about Mind is that for some reason the ground surge is a few frames, but in the air it's almost instantaneous. I was able to Mind surge someone coming in after killing their partner one time.

Yeah tons of potential imo, you get your ~65% bnb down, get the mind stone setup, they're dead

Durden77

I think the air surge is much more heavily scaled tho IIRC

FSLink

Banned

It does kinda annoy me they show air dashing before jumping but overall it's not too bad. I like the challenges a lot as well, not exactly bnbs but decent combos that show off a character's potential. Stuff like Cap mission 10 is great.

Neoxon

Normally fighting game reviews by major outlets kinda suck but that Gamespot reviewer actually seems like someone who understands fighting games pretty well.

Neoxon

Normally fighting game reviews by major outlets kinda suck but that Gamespot reviewer actually seems like someone who understands fighting games pretty well.
I appreciate that review sites are getting more fighting game-experienced reviewers on their staff. IGN in particular also got theirs as of P4A onwards.

FSLink

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;249677562 said:
yall, can we talk about the range on Thanos' kara command grab
SpiffyYawningArgentinehornedfrog-max-14mb.gif
So good. I like that his electricity move puts them in an untechable knockdown if it hits the opponent in the air so you can go for a kara grab or a low or whatever.

decisions

tl;dr: So if I love games with reliable and deep mechanics, this game is worth it despite the presentation flaws?

I've been playing Tekken 7 since launch and I won't expect this to be as good as that, but, I'm always down to learn a game that challenges and rewards the mind, and Marvel 3 was pretty great IMO, so I'm leaning towards buying it but don't want to make a regretful purchase as there are some clear issues. But I'm hearing good things about the gameplay and online so...

Marvel

could never
Ok I am improving.

Still need to learn how to do aerial dash/fly combo extenions... leaving damage on the table.

Dahbomb

Fchamp totally was a tester for this game huh.
This is just an oversight. No way did someone actually put that into the game and be like "yup, that is totally fine. Dormammu definitely needs to be able to do this to be viable."

tl;dr: So if I love games with reliable and deep mechanics, this game is worth it despite the presentation flaws?
Oh hell yes.

brian!

On the other hand the thorny fire thing is in the game

I've been playing Tekken 7 since launch and I won't expect this to be as good as that, but, I'm always down to learn a game that challenges and rewards the mind, and Marvel 3 was pretty great IMO, so I'm leaning towards buying it but don't want to make a regretful purchase as there are some clear issues. But I'm hearing good things about the gameplay and online so...

Hell yeah, i dont even care about the characters much, but the gameplay is a huge draw for me. Tekken is really fun but incomparable to the endorphin rush i get with the tag system

nded

Trish and Vergil? More copy & pasting is the last thing this game needs.

Copy/pasting is basically what the Vs. series is all about.

Edit: This also applies to most long-running fighting game franchises that aren't Street Fighter.

Dahbomb

It's less that and more the spell-cancelling mechanic which he absolutely didn't need.
The spell canceling is fine. Without it he rarely gets to even charge his spells.

In Marvel 3 the power level of his spells was high as they did a lot of chip damage. In here, the power level of his spells is a lot lower meaning it's fine if he gets to use them more often. They do less chip/damage than before.

The real issue right now is that the 3C spell is probably too powerful for how often you get access to it. Most people don't know the escape for it yet but even knowing the escape it's still way more powerful than the other options. Every Dormammu I have seen basically uses 3C spell 99% of the time because it's just too good over the other options.

Even if he didn't have the auto spell canceling, the 3C would be an issue is what I am trying to say.

Astral

I don't know what Stone to use for Morrigan. I just use Reality to give me an extra projectile. I don't like any of the stones honestly.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm not sure? I meant it lack short hop, Counter Switch, etc, etc

Negaduck

I think if thrones just did the damage but wasn't also a conveyer belt it would be fine.

Being in that wild hit stun and being pulled in also is brutal.

JeTmAn81

『Inaba Resident』;249677562 said:
yall, can we talk about the range on Thanos' kara command grab
SpiffyYawningArgentinehornedfrog-max-14mb.gif

It's got enormous range just normally. At first I was kara-ing it and thinking the kara gave it insane range but then I'm not sure how much the kara actually extends it.

Top Bottom