• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Ryce

Ant Man is definitely a tough one with his whole grow/shrink gimmick. Very hard to translate to a fighting game. Without it, you have a generic dude in a suit that isn't special in any way.
He can summon swarms of ants and big crawling and flying ants, too.

Village

JYB is a man forever cursed with the voice of a teenager, and will only be cast as anime boys who might sound like a teen ager or young adult

No I want them to sound exactly the same. I don't want any acknowledgment about it in game either.

They will probably get JYB to do his voice a bit deeper

The sad thing is I feel like the game would've gotten way less backlash if at least 4 of those 6 were on the roster.

I really enjoy the game, but when you see stuff like Itsuno being disappointed about Dante's design, it just goes to show they have no good direction there.

Of course, I'm aware of that.

I do not know why you are so insists to claim that models =/= completed characters toward to me TWICE when I'm always aware of that. I meant obviously it's in case with almost all of the DLC characters. Models always get finished FIRST.

However with this case, there should be one character that could potentially being done character but got pushed back due to the issue with Ant-Man. It's jut a theory, not a fact.

EuroGamer and Polygon leaked Ant-Man in December, and Ryce leaked the roster leak (with Ant-Man) during May.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply that you personally didn't understand that. It was a general comment towards those who didn't. You have a good grasp of that shit.

And, again, it's fine for people to theorize, it just gets silly when it gets claimed as some sort of truth. Again, not you doing it, but just a general consensus.

DrArchon

No I want them to sound exactly the same. I don't want any acknowledgment about it in game either.

Not to worry. They wouldn't acknowledge it no matter what. As long as he's not in story mode, he might as well be in a bubble separated from the rest of the cast in terms of interactions.

Neoxon

I miss Troy Baker as Nova.
Nova’s recasting was the weirdest considering that MvCI is unionized. The only explanation I can think of is that Marvel has Benjamin Diskin lined up to voice Richard Rider in the ongoing Guardians cartoon.

Renekton

I love how some characters rise to the top thanks to exclusions/inclusions of the mechanics. It's great playing them.

'Cept friggin' Chris.
I have no idea what to do with Chris.

Haven't landed a single landmine or grenade setup.

WTF is the gameplan with him.

I am LOVING how fast Chun Li is in this. She feels so good to play. Definitely my favorite version of her from any game.
RapidNearBorderterrier-max-14mb.gif

HilariousGleamingAdder-max-14mb.gif

Durden77

I have no idea what to do with Chris.

Haven't landed a single landmine or grenade setup.

WTF is the gameplan with him.

I think unfortunately right now the gameplan might be to play another character. Chris seems to be one of the few characters that just aren't working that well.

Nephtes

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Fuck it, I'm going to training mode...
Fight request On

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

All day long...
I think the search for match options are broken...

Neoxon

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Fight request On

All day long...
Hopefully that gets patched, soon.

KaYotiX

Banned
Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Fight request On

All day long...

So the same as Street FIghter 5 then?

is he confirmed to be in the game? what is full list of dlc characters?
The last 3 characters that are part of the Ultimate Edition haven't been confirmed, but they added silhouettes for those 3 characters in the character select in-game.

And one of the icons is that of a VERY small person.

Dahbomb

Today is SCR pools for MVCI.

Stream is twitch.tv/marvel

But pools probably won't be that interesting.

It's about the exhibitions late at night:

Clockwork vs FChamp
Justin Wong vs ChrisG

FChamp and Justin will take it most likely.

NotLiquid

Ah shit CEOtaku is this weekend and I never realized Marvel Infinite was gonna be there?

I'm interested if any top pros in anime fighters will be attending that one

Mesoian

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Fight request On

All day long...

YURP.

Oh well, at least it loads back into training without a separate load screen. SF5 could learn a lot from the presentation of this game, as ugly as it is.

Sesha

Glad we're all in agreement. If franchises like DC and BoF are too obscure, then they need to sell something as DLC, so why not more DMC chars. I mean what else are they going to sell? Hayato? Roll? Soki? Power Stone characters? Pshaw!

I might get a back up X going. He looks fun! Might be good to have him annoy people.

My super basic gameplan is to have a damage person and a person created to annoy. I guess that's supportish but I wanna lock dudes down and have someone come in for big boy damage.

My teams right now are
Ultron/Jedah
Ultron/X maybe?
Ultron/Thanos

Looking at maybe doing Jedah and Thanos combo, Thanos and Haggar for the hell of it, or a few others. Ultron is sick af so it's hard to drop him, but I feel like Thanos could be trouble if I could figure out how to neutral with the god.

Today is SCR pools for MVCI.

Stream is twitch.tv/marvel

But pools probably won't be that interesting.

It's about the exhibitions late at night:

Clockwork vs FChamp
Justin Wong vs ChrisG

FChamp and Justin will take it most likely.

Who is ChrisG using in MVCI? I haven't seen him on stream.

vg260

That's the weird thing it's actually a better looking engine gameplay wise the only stuff that looks way off are cut scenes. At least they can improve it over time with some lighting fixes and such. KI and KOFIV improved a lot through patches so I guess we just have to get used to the constant title updates improving the game as a platform over time.

It looks decent in-match.

I'm a broken record on this, but the first and easiest thing they need to do is the disable the Chromatic Aberration and cut down the AA a bit. The game looks blurry and edges look yellowed due to the CA, especially character skin which makes them look sickly. Haggar looks much better with it off. It's just a value toggle in UE4, so it's super simple. They can turn down the AA a notch too.

I don't know why developers are terrified of graphics options on consoles. All they need is one soft/sharp presentation toggle in options that have these settings baked in..or just turn it off completely as it's pointless.

If KoF can redo its lighting, they can change a number to zero in their code.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Search for Casual Match:
0 opponents found.

Fight request On

All day long...

its not like ive been saying that for 2 days now :p

edit: LOLOLOLOLOL flame carpet blocks beam supers? O_O

Kinda wanna give Chun a try, but damn she's hard to use. I tried my hand with her in MVC3, but that was mainly for her assist. Outside of her, maybe Spider-Man.

Top Bottom