• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Marvel 3 is the only vs title to not reuse assets from previous games. This is the norm for this series and although they did a bad job with the touch up, complaining about copy/paste is disingenuous or ignorant at this point.

Plus new characters like gamora, captain marvel, and Ultron all look great.

FSLink

Banned
How do I cheese Ultron Omega the fastest?
Beam supers and uppercut like moves on the arms then repeat when he comes back works best for me.

Marvel 3 is the only vs title to not reuse assets from previous games. This is the norm for this series and although they did a bad job with the touch up, complaining about copy/paste is disingenuous or ignorant at this point.

The worst is when people try to pretend Marvel 2 was a beautiful polished game. Sure, the meta was a fun accident, but everything else was recycled shit and a weird jazz OST that people look fondly on now but hated back then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn it, I cant do much more than this 7k with 2 bars.

I got it at HP, HP, EAT CHAIN, HP,HP, EAT CHAIN (the pull version), otg Fire breath, spinny hyper, tag Hulk, gamma charge diagonal, HP to spike them down, hulk meteor hyper.

Im trying to get some hits in while they are in the spinny but it messes up the combo. If I wait too long with Hulk after the tag so they get bounced in the chain bit more for more dmg, the gamma charge knocks them out of it... fuck.

Labbing is fun lol.

edit: hmm can get the same dmg with Hulk simple air HP slap, d.LP, d.LK, d.HK, d.HP, air LP,LK,HP,d.HP -> tag GR, Spinny super, tag Hulk, meteor super. Same dmg, 7020 heh.

:(

I managed to do an extremely quick jump cancel legs by accident around 8 hits and I can't recreate it. Its pointless but I think it looks cool

UnnaturalLargeAardwolf-max-14mb.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when you spend an hour in training, and then you lose to someone just spamming random special moves... holy shit I feel like uninstalling the game, no joke.

Sigmaah

Last night in ranked I fought danke, ended his 15 win streak and beat him in the set.

He used iron man and ultron, he would do unibeam then tag and my god I was like wow ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE!! that shit held me tf down and I had to hold that shit and obviously got opened up.

BUT HE COULD'T HANDLE THAT ZERO/X!!!

when you spend an hour in training, and then you lose to someone just spamming random special moves... holy shit I feel like uninstalling the game, no joke.

At my local last night, guy who barely plays was giving me trouble with gamora guns, all I can say is keep ur cool were not even a week in yet, we all gotta figure out how to handle all this new shit.

Sometimes that is the strat. I get kicks whenever Haggar yells DON'T LITTER. Surprisingly a competent zoning tool because you can have an air and ground barrel on screen at the same time.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House

Sadly, performing combos and landing combos/executing them are two completely different skill sets in fighting games.

The worst is when people try to pretend Marvel 2 was a beautiful polished game. Sure, the meta was a fun accident, but everything else was recycled shit and a weird jazz OST that people look fondly on now but hated back then.

Will sometime in the future people look back fondly on MvCi the same way they do MvC2? Only time will tell I guess.

Will sometime in the future people look back fondly on MvCi the same way they do MvC2? Only time will tell I guess.

You are talking to the FGC, who looks fondly back upon shitty games with infinites and pretends like that shit was fair and fun. Of course it will.

Sadly, performing combos and landing combos/executing them are two completely different skill sets in fighting games.

I mean, logically it makes sense. Part of making a combo should be figuring out how to land it. It's probably more difficult with this game than SFV, because of all the cool shit you can immediately do that's not gated off by meter, v-trigger, whatever. So people are just throwing shit out and finding sick things and just going in all day trying to get the first part started.

I do it too. Like I've been going crazy on screen trying to get that hit, making sure I'm first for damage. SFV is like, okay I'm plus so I can throw this out into a few hits of a combo because this situation benefits me. Not the case here (yet).

People shouldn't take losses to heart right now. Figure out why you aren't getting those hits in. Calm down. Use the tools provided in the game. Maybe get acquainted with the movement options for a bit. Play the neutral. In time, you'll get it, and those mashing will get bodied.

Morrigan was mostly the same, like she always is.

Elbereth

Been in training mode for about 2 hours...This game. So much potential and arguably the most accessible marvel yet. So glad Marvel has returned.

Rhaknar

Yeah really. People focus on winning when learning should be the top priority. Then the wins come.

my problem with every fighter ever is that I dont feel like im learning anything lol. I always do ok the first couple of days, and then it seems everyone learns super fast, and I stay the same, so it kinda feels im de-learning.

I wont give up because the game is fun but I can easily see why its so hard for fighting games to retain people tbh.

After that random game, I played against a rank 11 (for some reason since I was 14) on a 12 win streak, Dante / Gamora with all the combos you see in the videos. I actually won the first game but it felt like a complete fluke, I didnt feel like I learned anything either from that win, or from the subsequent 2 losses (guess he was mad I broke his streak lol).

I know its not the same, but ill use it as an example of a genre I never played before until recently, but I felt (still do) like im always learning things when I play a moba (specifically heroes of the storm), I feel my game getting better from game to game.

With fighting games, I dont feel that, if anything is the opposite like I already said. Just ranting here dont mind me :)

ev0

I got totally wrecked by a Spidey online. Guy went in and wouldn't leave. One problem I'm having is figuring out the best way to get my hits in. I'm struggling way more than I did in 3 or 3. Plus I'm trying to unlearn my Cap muscle memory.

my problem with every fighter ever is that I dont feel like im learning anything lol. I always do ok the first couple of days, and then it seems everyone learns super fast, and I stay the same, so it kinda feels im de-learning.)

Try watching your replays and try to analyze where you are making mistakes or reaching out to people who beat you and ask them what they thought you were lacking in that allowed them to open you up. I also try to verbalize or think to myself every time I eat a hit during a game so I can tell what's getting me the most during my matches so I can correct it. Kinda like "Got crossed up", "Ended my block string on an unsafe move", "Standing at a bad range" or something along those lines.

But I feel you, I've always been as at Marvel games. This game so far isn't any different, I won like 2 games out of the 50 games I played with my friends the other night and they aren't even good Marvel players either.

Astral

So how does one go about using Dante as support? I haven't really messed around with him much but he seems pretty pointy. Is it the guns?

FSLink

Banned
So how does one go about using Dante as support? I haven't really messed around with him much but he seems pretty pointy. Is it the guns?
Guns to get in seems very effective in this game, and then gun super to safely tag for resets/additional damage is just really good.

Vanish

what is it with people always quitting after 1 or 2 matches?! Doesn't matter if I win or lose, everyone always quits after a max 2 matches. I just wanna get some practice without constant searching

brian!

I feel like he should prob go second yeah, he has a lot of good stuff to spark hits though. He has jedah's air qcb+k for tag mixup, good combo extender, decent super to tag in on, etc. Can prob do either position, just you can prob do better with a diff starter imo

FSLink

Banned

Maybe. I think it depends on how the future patches (and any graphical fixes?), DLC, and the meta turn out.

I mean signs are good. I can't believe I feel like I don't miss assists for example, lol.
what is it with people always quitting after 1 or 2 matches?! Doesn't matter if I win or lose, everyone always quits after a max 2 matches. I just wanna get some practice without constant searching
In lobbies? Yeah I dunno. People get salty I guess.

"The online was SO GOOOOOOODD!"

True facts though. Barring that stupid ass glitch right now.

my problem with every fighter ever is that I dont feel like im learning anything lol. I always do ok the first couple of days, and then it seems everyone learns super fast, and I stay the same, so it kinda feels im de-learning.

I wont give up because the game is fun but I can easily see why its so hard for fighting games to retain people tbh.

After that random game, I played against a rank 11 (for some reason since I was 14) on a 12 win streak, Dante / Gamora with all the combos you see in the videos. I actually won the first game but it felt like a complete fluke, I didnt feel like I learned anything either from that win, or from the subsequent 2 losses (guess he was mad I broke his streak lol).

I know its not the same, but ill use it as an example of a genre I never played before until recently, but I felt (still do) like im always learning things when I play a moba (specifically heroes of the storm), I feel my game getting better from game to game.

With fighting games, I dont feel that, if anything is the opposite like I already said. Just ranting here dont mind me :)

Nah it's fine to rant! Vent! Get it outta your system!

One of the best ways is to look at your replays and pinpoint a moment where you messed up. When people start getting more used to the game, you should think about tossing them up on Reddit, here, or in a discord and have people dissect it. Like, I lost a match recently because I was mashing like a mindless idiot. So I'm like, okay, slow down, you don't need to hop forward at the start and hit HP all day with Ultron. He's negative.

Another problem I had is opening people up. So now I throw a little more, and THEN I look for combos I can do off a throw, or where it places them.

Stuff like that. Just take it in pieces. In fighting games, you probably are learning, but it's frustrating and faster paced so you feel like you aren't. Gotta reflect on that shit my dude.

brian!

I def feel like you have to willfully address stuff in fighting games (it's really easy to fall back to auto-piloting and stuff) compared to hots which is a lot more relaxed

But my #1 feel for this game is that it's based around bullshit and thus itd be prudent to a yourself with your bullshit cache before you play. Prob 88% of my wins are through good use of bullshit

Astral

Guns to get in seems very effective in this game, and then gun super to safely tag for resets/additional damage is just really good.

I feel like he should prob go second yeah, he has a lot of good stuff to spark hits though. He has jedah's air qcb+k for tag mixup, good combo extender, decent super to tag in on, etc. Can prob do either position, just you can prob do better with a diff starter imo

So I should be playing support like a zoner then. It feels like kind of a waste for Dante to zone. Not that I think he'd make a bad one, it's just that he has a lot of cool combo potential.

FSLink

Banned
So I should be playing support like a zoner then. It feels like kind of a waste for Dante to zone. Not that I think he'd make a bad one, it's just that he has a lot of cool combo potential.
Not to zone, but using it to find openings and then create setups for your 2nd character. Dante's damage doesn't seem bad in this game but I think the optimal route is probably putting him first to get in, and using your 2nd character for big damage/resets off of Dante's stuff.

He also seems to have good resets on his own as well so he's probably fine 2nd too. Can see him going either way.

Been in training mode for about 2 hours...This game. So much potential and arguably the most accessible marvel yet. So glad Marvel has returned.

Idk I’m having a much harder time getting into this then 3 for some reason. I’m failing at combos a lot more. Can’t seem to execute like I could in 3.

FSLink

Banned
Idk I’m having a much harder time getting into this then 3 for some reason. I’m failing at combos a lot more. Can’t seem to execute like I could in 3.
Again, I think people are forgetting 3's combos were almost all LMHS sj MMHS with additional stuff in there depending on the combo.

Whereas here you have more command normals per character, some characters otg better with a different normal than other depending on distance, some have different moveset that spike you to the ground, etc. So it's harder to learn at first for sure. But it's like Day 3 so whatever, it'll come in time.

Sigmaah

I need these down down motions to go or at least give me an option to choose between shoryu or down down.

Tryna wave dash with X and keep getting his down down shit.

How tf u want niggas to wave dash but make moves around down down?

Rhaknar

lobbies? no idea i dont do random lobbies

in matchmking, you cant do more than best out of 3. It does bum me out when people leave fter 1 game there tho, lose or win.

brian!

Nah you just play dante like he's dante, i dunno why ppl are getting so caught up in all this role stuff a week in. It's useful to categorize the characters but you dont want to fall into the trap of prescribing playstyles...

Dante can be played in both spots imo, but i feel like there are better 1st positions (flyers, more aggressive characters like chun li) and better 2nd positions (ppl that arent great at landing the first hit or scrapping). Dante, as far as i can tell, is pretty good at shifting between playing fast and slow, and particularly good at converting stray hits into combos. He has really good whiff punish tools and good mixups for tag schenanigans.

With the tag system im only really comfortable presribing "1st or 2nd position" as roles (which can be variable depending on the two you choose), though yeah the three way split everyone is thinking about does make sense, i just dunno if you can talk team comp that way.

Rhaknar

so where are all those people you see in videos that get hit by full screen Ghost Rider chains? because im not facing any lol.

Ppl just block that shit all day, does he even have any overhead? that diagonal chain is super awkward to land :/

Quit playing marvel and become exclusively a shit poster.

wtf? where was I shitposting?

Again, I think people are forgetting 3's combos were almost all LMHS sj MMHS with additional stuff in there depending on the combo.

Whereas here you have more command normals per character, some characters otg better with a different normal than other depending on distance, some have different moveset that spike you to the ground, etc. So it's harder to learn at first for sure. But it's like Day 3 so whatever, it'll come in time.

Yeah the typical launcher combo was pretty easy, just having trouble wrapping my head around the new way. It also doesn't help that I'm on pad, I panic too much when I fail to excite on pad for some reason. Feels like I'm not in control unless I'm on stick.

Anyone got a stick recommendtion that's not 150+?

brian!

so where are all those people you see in videos that get hit by full screen Ghost Rider chains? because im not facing any lol.

Ppl just block that shit all day, does he even have any overhead? that diagonal chain is super awkward to land :/

I get hit by it nonstop cause all i do in this game is unga. My team (zero/jedah) is pretty reliant on schenanigans and tagging to get in and i think it might be pretty weak against stuff like ghost rider or zoning in general, either that or i gotta reign in the unga, which lets be real isnt gonna happen

I need to go home and test but Dante/Morrigan will be so sick. Any combo that ends with Million Dollars (basically all of them), Morrigan can switch in and put the debuff from her new qcf+k spear. What this does is anytime Morrigan lands a fireball on them, she gains a lot of meter, like 3 fireballs or so fills a bar. She can probably debuff and land some soul fists for potentially a meter positive combo if you include whatever how much Dante built from his. Apply Tia and Tamara for double effectiveness.

Any word from CronusMAX users? I found a local shop that has one for 60. I'm pretty sure I am going to bite on that, since it's $10 cheaper than online, and it's universal. Good for tourneys/friend's setups. But I am wondering about usability - once it's set up it is easy plug n play like the Brooks?
I need these down down motions to go or at least give me an option to choose between shoryu or down down.

Tryna wave dash with X and keep getting his down down shit.

How tf u want niggas to wave dash but make moves around down down?
I can't remember who, but I know at least one character has down down AND shoryu moves. I hate down down for anything....there must be a better way. Alas, nothing will change now though..
Feels like I'm not in control unless I'm on stick. Anyone got a stick recommendtion that's not 150+?
I feel the same way. I'm looking at converters now, but a lot of them online are marked up thanks to private sellers. If you are on PS4 and need a PS3->PS4 converter, check Newegg for Brooks, they have one there. I'm looking at a CronusMAX at a local shop. THat converter price is way easier to swallow than another stick....I paid like 170 for my Marvel 3 one, I'm not about to shell out for another.

LegendX48

Yeah the typical launcher combo was pretty easy, just having trouble wrapping my head around the new way. It also doesn’t help that I’m on pad, I panic too much when I fail to excite on pad for some reason. Feels like I’m not in control unless I’m on stick.

Anyone got a stick recommendtion that’s not 150+?
The hrap 4 kai is generally around that and a great stick. It's what I use (though I swapped the buttons, for different colors rather than issues)

JayEH

I need to go home and test but Dante/Morrigan will be so sick. Any combo that ends with Million Dollars (basically all of them), Morrigan can switch in and put the debuff from her new qcf+k spear. What this does is anytime Morrigan lands a fireball on them, she gains a lot of meter, like 3 fireballs or so fills a bar. She can probably debuff and land some soul fists for potentially a meter positive combo if you include whatever how much Dante built from his. Apply Tia and Tamara for double effectiveness.

Yeah I'm having fun with the two of them. Million dollars so good in a game like this.

I never said you were I was taking a jab at people who talk shit about the game but clearly don't play.

Top Bottom