• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| It's Time For That Dance - Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

iSThfF8x8vAkg.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've been looking forward to this since it was announced. Looks like so much fun.

JeanGrey

Finally. This should keep me occupied until AOS returns. Still anxious for that but been looking for to Agent Carter since Captain America the first Avenger.

ZeroFate

Unless he 'finds' the
time gem
in Avengers 3/4. No way are they gonna pass up Cap being all 'Carter, got a smoke?' Then she'd slap him, he'd call her a foxy dame, and they'd... go dancing.

That spoiler happening would be pretty awesome. Sadly I don't think even Marvel is that forward thinking. :/

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Channel 4 won't be showing Agent Carter (based on what they said back in October) and I can't find any info on other channels picking it up.

Could end being like Constantine where Amazon picks it up or maybe Netflix will come to the rescue...

or maybe Sky Atlantic? goddamnit

these Hayley pics...omg

giphy.gif

or maybe Sky Atlantic? goddamnit

Could be Sky Atlantic, but I would have expected them to announce by it now if they were or at least for there to be some info on them picking it up.

I'm honestly surprised that C4 have decided to pass. I can only assume that AoS isn't the ratings hit they were hoping...

Channel 4 won't be showing Agent Carter (based on what they said back in October) and I can't find any info on other channels picking it up.

Could end being like Constantine where Amazon picks it up or maybe Netflix will come to the rescue...

Netflix makes the most sense considering they're making three MCU shows themselves in the coming years.

Great work on the OT, TheOddOne. Thanks for putting that together. This show should be a fun interlude in between the first and second halves of AoS S2.

One more note: please try and keep the image spam and lewd commentary to a minimum. Thank you.

Fuzzy

Will this be 8 episodes for sure or can it be expanded to 20+?
They won't expand the first season. There's no telling what they'll do with season 2 and beyond but I hope they stick to their original premise of keeping the show to compact and focused seasons.

I just re-watched the Agent Carter One-Shot, she's really great in this role.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm missing AoS but this will be a great way to fill in the time. Looking forward to this!

One of my most anticipated premieres

Really enjoyed the one-shot

Is this show before or after that?
From a recent EW spoiler article:
Q: Do you know when Agent Carter picks up?

A: It obviously takes place after Captain America: The First Avenger, but actually before Stark asks her to head up S.H.I.E.L.D. with him at the end of the Marvel One Shot. “That will essentially be the last thing that ever happens in the series,” executive producer Michele Fazekas says. “We will never have S.H.I.E.L.D. in this series. So, in some regard, the One Shot is the end of the series.”

Fuzzy

From a recent EW spoiler article:
The only problem with that is
the one-shot says it takes place 1 year after Cap goes into the ice and she's never assigned any field ops in the one-shot until she does it herself. It's not a big problem though if we assume it's longer than a year after Cap 1 and she's not assigned to that SSR office until after the end of the series.

The only problem with that is
the one-shot says it takes place 1 year after Cap goes into the ice and she's never assigned any field ops in the one-shot until she does it herself. It's not a big problem though if we assume it's longer than a year after Cap 1 and she's not assigned to that SSR office until after the end of the series.

I think it's probably best to treat the One Shot as no longer being in continuity, which the showrunners have implied in other interviews before this. The timeline doesn't really fit with this show.

An-Det

Fantastic, been looking forward to this finally airing for a while. I hadn't heard that Enver Gjokaj was in the main cast before now, though, that's pretty great.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Thanks for using my OT suggestion <3. Really hoping this'll be something special, and the shorter episode count may indicate some quality stuff.
tumblr_m55k7z02Av1qievubo1_500.gif

Shame C4/no one in the UK isn't picking this up (as of now). Not that I'd miss it anyway, but like people have said, it'll likely end up on Netflix.

Netflix makes the most sense considering they're making three MCU shows themselves in the coming years.

I hope so, but I feel Amazon might swoop in on this one. Hope I'm wrong though, also hope an actual channel picks it up too, but I'm not currently holding my breath.

Good ol' UK television dropping the ball.

Yup. I like Sky nd especially Sky Atlantic and they usually pick up most things I'm interested in, but even they aren't all great of late. Banshee is on a near one year delay, Hannibal is the same, Supernatural is the same too. I don't even think they've started to air season 10 here yet.

Hell, Leftovers was on a 4 month delay for absolutely no reason. They were planning to have it air a few days after the US and then, without reason, changed the plan until the entire season had aired in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom