• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh - March 17th on Netflix

Ok, after just finishing the incredibly mediocre Defenders I wanted to get a bit of background on Iron fist, so I just started watching and up to episode 4.

Man, this show really sucks so far. Danny's demeanor shows no signs of having received any type of advanced zen training, and isn't a particularly great fighter( Daredevil shits all over him). Ward and Harold Meachum are pretty dry characters( and funny enough look more like brothers than father and son) , as is Colleen. The fight scenes are as dull and uninspired as I found them to be in Defenders. I had to watch an episode of Daredevil season one right after episode 4 just to cleanse myself of the crap I had just watched. I mean, does this get better at all?

Sojgat

Ok, after just finishing the incredibly mediocre Defenders I wanted to get a bit of background on Iron fist, so I just started watching and up to episode 4.

Man, this show really sucks so far. Danny's demeanor shows no signs of having received any type of advanced zen training, and isn't a particularly great fighter( Daredevil shits all over him). Ward and Harold Meachum are pretty dry characters( and funny enough look more like brothers than father and son) , as is Colleen. The fight scenes are as dull and uninspired as I found them to be in Defenders. I had to watch an episode of Daredevil season one right after episode 4 just to cleanse myself of the crap I had just watched. I mean, does this get better at all?

No, it's all downhill. The first episode is as good as it gets. I cannot recommend strongly enough that you just stop watching now.

No, it's all downhill. The first episode is as good as it gets. I cannot recommend strongly enough that you just stop watching now.

Damn, I mean how did Marvel so badly miss the mark with this? Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are a bit uneven especially towards the end of their series, but still enjoyable. Dardevil season one for my money is some of the best stuff to come from the MCU, big or small screen, DD season 2 wasn't quite as good but still hooked me to the end. But this is just.....shit. Between this and Defenders( only thing that had going for it was the theme song), ugghh.

Top Bottom