• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders |OT| Featuring The Worst Iron Fist - August 18th on Netflix

PsychBat!

Banned
Read carefully what you just wrote, and I suggest you rewatch The Avengers; the films pretty much in its third act before they properly "Assemble".

And there's the key word, "film". That was a movie, and this is an 8 episode show. This has more time to set up and while it drags in the first two episodes, it makes sense so far.

Apt101

Partway through ep2, watching Danny whine some more. I hope him and Luke have one of those superhero "let's fight before we become friends" moments and Luke beats the shit out of him.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't think I'll ever warm up to this whole Hand/Black Sky nonsense. The true strength of this show is obviously the character interactions.

Zero315

Banned
Episode 4:

Matt: Why are you here, Stick?
Stick: Because this one, the Immortal Iron Fist, living weapon and protector of the ancient city, is still a thundering dumbass.

So good...

Zero315

Banned
Okay.... can we talk about whoever the fuck is dressing Sigourney Weaver in this show? They got her out here looking a hot damn mess.

number11

I'm not finding it that bad, but the Hand was what ruined Daredevil season 2.. it's annoying that this is the villain they decided to go with again.

The mystical ninja stuff also ruined Arrow for me. They understood last season to get rid of that stuff.

LotusHD

Banned
Okay.... can we talk about whoever the fuck is dressing Sigourney Weaver in this show? They got her out here looking a hot damn mess.

No lies detected...

I'm not finding it that bad, but the Hand was what ruined Daredevil season 2.. it's annoying that this is the villain they decided to go with again.

Real talk, who did you think they were going with, they've been setting them up since DD S1, and IF literally exists to defeat them lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Episode 1, Scene 1 and I'm already annoyed. *Sigh* Why do I do this to myself?

nOoblet16

A question, do we ever see Jessica fly or even jump high this time around ? Or did they go out of budget again and all her superpower is still about breaking doors and punching people ? Lol

styl3s

The Avengers
If the Avengers was a 8 hour mini series do you think they all would of met within 15 minutes? Movies =/= TV shows, the purpose of the show is to have all 4 characters meet through their story archs so they can achieve the same goal.

And there's the key word, "film". That was a movie, and this is an 8 episode show. This has more time to set up and while it drags in the first two episodes, it makes sense so far.
Wait, are our wires crossed? I can't figure out whether I agree with you or not.

Slow team buildup = good?

Vic_Viper

People really made a big deal out of nothing in regards to the music played during Luke Cage's scenes. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't heard about it before seeing them. The scene on the bus driving to NY alone worked perfectly with the music choice imo.

3 stars on netflix lower than Iron Fist lol.

Anyway I'm kinda burned out/fatigued of Marvel TV, due to lack of Quality Control and if it wasn't for Charlie Cox I'd skip this. DDs3 and punisher, Legion has me full.

hope this is good though. Not holding my breath

Apt101

Nice use of colors.
Such as red lights near Matt as he is slowly becoming DD again
. I wonder if it's the same cinematographer as the one on Jessica Jones.

nOoblet16

3 stars on netflix lower than Iron Fist lol.

Anyway I'm kinda burned out/fatigued of Marvel TV, due to lack of Quality Control and if it wasn't for Charlie Cox I'd skip this. DDs3 and punisher, Legion has me full.

hope this is good though. Not holding my breath
It came out just a few hours ago, plus Netflix stars are pointless. They have shit pile like The Circle rated at 89%>

Zero315

Banned
Watched the first two episodes, show is not for me, I like the character interactions but the rest of it is meh.
The strength of the show is definitely in the character interactions. I'm liking it better than the back half of Daredevil S2 though. The plot is more Hand/Elektra bullshit but at least it's moving fast.

The story, while interesting, is not great. The 5 hands did not impress me either. If I am Netflix, I won't be so kin to renew that Marvel and Netflix deal. I think Netflix should consider focusing on IPs or universes they can control from now on.

LotusHD

Banned
The story, while interesting, is not great. The 5 hands did not impress me either. If I am Netflix, I won't be so kin to renew that Marvel and Netflix deal. I think Netflix should consider focusing on IPs or universes they can control from now on.

I mean, I'm not gonna act like I know about the deal's benefits for each group, but they'd probably want to continue having Marvel shows lol

Also, all of the shows are getting 2nd/3rd seasons, with Punisher also getting his own show anyhow.

All I can say is right now, I hope the Hand never comes back after this is all over.

PsychBat!

Banned
If the Avengers was a 8 hour mini series do you think they all would of met within 15 minutes? Movies =/= TV shows, the purpose of the show is to have all 4 characters meet through their story archs so they can achieve the same goal.

Never said that's what I expected but some people do.

Zero315

Banned

Netflix kept Hemlock Grove around for three seasons and not even Iron Fist is as bad as that. I have a feeling they're more than happy with how the Marvel Netflixverse is doing.

All I can say is right now, I hope the Hand never comes back after this is all over.

Yeah, I hope so too. This kinda feels like it will be though.

Just finished episode 5 and man... how many L's can Danny hold over the course of this show lol.

Top Bottom