• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect (2) PC gets real controller support; Fundraiser for ME/3 up [£575]

Contributed £10; hopefully more people will contribute in the coming days. It'd be really awesome to get controller support as I find using kb+m so clunky after coming from the 360.

beeswax

I've donated to this one again seeing as payday has come and I can afford a bit more.

I finally got round to actually trying it last night and it's very impressive. As mentioned, a deadzone would be good as I'm getting unwanted drift which is worst when trying to planet scan.

Also, I can't figure out the power mapping on this - I successfully got disruptor ammo mapped the R but no other mappings seem to work. Mapping to B or X actually produces a D-pad symbol on the wheel but the D-pad continues to be for squad control and B/X still perform their default actions. Am I being dumb or is this particular feature broken?

Gojeran

As promised finally got around to taking a video of the mod in action. An entire mission played on the xbox 360 controller uncut. Not trying to self promote so if this not allowed please delete this post.

Find it here. Disclaimer *I'm not pro or used to playing mass effect on a controller!!*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYAPvOxf5Os&feature=youtu.be

Also there are totally spoilers in the video so if for some reason you have not played mass effect and or read about it for the love of god don't watch it... that being said I skip just about all the talking and cut scenes.

As promised finally got around to taking a video of the mod in action. An entire mission played on the xbox 360 controller uncut. Not trying to self promote so if this not allowed please delete this post.

Find it here. Disclaimer *I'm not pro or used to playing mass effect on a controller!!*

Also there are totally spoilers in the video so if for some reason you have not played mass effect and or read about it for the love of god don't watch it... that being said I skip just about all the talking and cut scenes.

Great stuff i'll add it to the OP

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Good lord your argument is poor. Out of all those games you listed, most of them don't have a trilogy for them to release and none of them provide an example of them selling multiple remastered games in a series for $50 a pop. Most of those were GotY versions of games from last gen.

lol right you're argument instead is... nowhere to be found. Good going.
Yeah, Borderlands' not a trilogy confirmed, they released the DmC and DMC4 separately, Zelda not having three games since TWW, Saint's Row/God of War/Dark Souls all of them had a chance of including the prequel/sequel but didn't. They're even fucking selling a port of a FF psp game solo ffs.

The Mass Effect trilogy will sell for $60 when it gets rereleased.

You sound 100% positive. So proper remasters with all the dlc for $60 eh?
You should put your avatar where you mouth is if you're so sure :p

I'm not that sure at all unlike you. If they'd ever go with $60 then it'd be a quick uprez/smoother port job, nothing like Zelda/DmC/4 or even DS2/Metro/Tomb Raider.
And even then I have 0 confidence they'll give out all the DLC with it

That is AMAZING.
Ugh... gotta stay strong and wait till he (hopefully) adds support to ME1.
Really hope if he does he goes with ME first and not ME3 for some unknown reason

Dash Kappei

Btw, it's be nice and encouraging if he posted an update with ME1 screens since he's only done it for ME3, which could mean he still hasn't touched ME at all and that might be the most difficult one to implement? Dunno, just asking, pulling such statement out of my ass since I've never played ME PC past a couple hours

Bizzquik

Thanks for posting the video!

Amazing to watch. I hope he gets to his milestone - he's 51% of the way to funding (laptop).

Gojeran

Awesome glad the video was well received. I want to donate but why doesn't he use PayPal uhg. Might donate anyways when I get home tomorrow. It's an amazing effort so far and I'd replay the entire trilogy with this mod...its so clean and easy.

Sadly I don't think it's going to reach the goal, he doesn't have a laptop so I don't even know if he has read my recent messages about paypal.

The money raised will help at least.

MizzouRah

Sadly I don't think it's going to reach the goal, he doesn't have a laptop so I don't even know if he has read my recent messages about paypal.

The money raised will help at least.

I hope it makes it. I assume if he was able to set up an IndieGogo then he'd be able to check the messages.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
At the very least, since this is an Indie Go Go campaign the money raised so far will still be getting to him and can go towards buying a laptop.

dEvAnGeL

Fun fact: the ME2 mod works with the NVidia Shield - portable ME2!

game changer, i've been playing the game with this mod and is incredible, you gotta do some workaround to use the "Y" button on the controller but after that it works just like it does on the console, incredible stuff indeed

Angel_DvA

real controller support is amazing for Mass Effect but I have the feeling that EA will release a definitive remastered edition soon, I hope you project will be a success though.

We are just under £200 away from the goal with 64 hours remaining. I urge those waiting for PayPal to try without. PayPal isn't happening by the looks of things and it only takes a few moments on your behalf.

Dash Kappei

Donated as promised.

But we're still £190 short and I know for a fact at the *very least £150* are waiting for him if he added Paypal.
At least tell us the account on a forum or something and then update the total accordingly

Off topic but I've noticed something with you everywhere you post, you always seem bothered and angry. Anyway I''ll give ME2 a try, I've been waiting for this even though I prefer playing Mass Effect with a keyboard.

Just pay no attention to the guy.

Mivey

real controller support is amazing for Mass Effect but I have the feeling that EA will release a definitive remastered edition soon, I hope you project will be a success though.
Even if they make a remaster for the next gen consoles. what would be the selling point for a PC version (once this mod is out) ? I doubt that they'd spend time on seriously updating the visuals, if anything make the series fit together better (ME3 femshep in all three games for examples)

Its EA, so who knows what they are gonna do, but I'm unsure about a PC re-release.

SliChillax

Even if they make a remaster for the next gen consoles. what would be the selling point for a PC version (once this mod is out) ? I doubt that they'd spend time on seriously updating the visuals, if anything make the series fit together better (ME3 femshep in all three games for examples)

Its EA, so who knows what they are gonna do, but I'm unsure about a PC re-release.

If they don't bother updating the visuals then they wont even release it on PC since we already have access to higher framerates and resolutions, they'll just release a 1080p 60fps next gen version and call it a day. I don't think they'll do that though, I'm positive. They know the fans want a proper remaster and Bioware doesn't (usually) disappoint.

He is at 70% with 15 hours to go! I've already donated, does IndieGoGo allow another donation from the same user? I think he deserves a bit more from me as the trilogy is amongst my all time favourites.

He is at 70% with 15 hours to go! I've already donated, does IndieGoGo allow another donation from the same user? I think he deserves a bit more from me as the trilogy is amongst my all time favourites.

No idea, give it a try. I really want him to get as close as possible. Shame he did t open PayPal support.

beeswax

Yes you can donate twice, I did.

I was playing it the other day and was noticing that it would randomly stop streaming. Any issues on your end?

I've had the streaming crap out twice but both times, there's been a DirectX "Device Reset" error sitting in the background. I dialled down my overclock a bit and I haven't seen the problem again yet but maybe too early to tell.

Well he didn't reach it but he got relatively close. He stated in the listing that whether he reached the goal or not, every cent will go towards the laptop & the eventual completion of this mod. So hopefully we'll see it in a couple months.

Vertti

Just bought brand new Mass Effect Trilogy for PC. Never played any of the games so can't wait to see this patch get finished!

LAA

Damn! I had no money until like last week and forgot about it. Shame he didn't reach it. I'm hoping he'll still be able to get a laptop and finish the mods off.

Dash Kappei

Where can we reach out the guy? Is there a website/twitter account to monitor how he intends to proceed?
He's short £150 circa, he should just share his paypal account directly with ten donors if that much it's gonna prevent the guy from purchasing the laptop needed, just handle it through Twitter's DM or email... I'm sure we'll find 10 people, I'd pitch in another £10 on top no problem

Vertti

I wasn't aware there was a Trilogy pack out for PC too.
Does it include DLC? Origin only I guess?

From the Mass Effect website:

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?
On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
From the Mass Effect website:

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?
On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer

Basically none of the DLC that matters

Eyothrie

These controls are badass. It feels like the console versions..way better than any 3rd party solution controller solution out there. I hope the guy can get around to adding this to ME1 and ME3.

Dizzy-4U

Update (a few days old):

The funds reached my bank account today. I'll be ordering the laptop this afternoon, and hopefully should have it tomorrow (friday at the latest). So yay, finally, we're sort of here now. We've gotten to the finish line, kinda. By this time next week, if all goes to plan, there will have been an ME3 release. I look forward to finally being able to share it with you all. Not looking forward to going back to ME1, but I'll endure the pain for you all.

http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/me2-controller-support-power-wheel-t1703-50.html

I'm new to the trilogy and started playing ME1 on PC but I'm gonna wait for it to get controller support before I really start playing the series. Wish they'd been released in order from 1-3

Top Bottom