• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect (2) PC gets real controller support; Fundraiser for ME/3 up [£575]

daninthemix

I do want to do another playthrough once these mods are finished.

But can someone advise on the DLC situation? As in, is there any financially responsible way of attaining it all? Or easier just to skip it because it's all over the place?

Bizzquik

Update (a few days old):
The funds reached my bank account today. I'll be ordering the laptop this afternoon, and hopefully should have it tomorrow (friday at the latest). So yay, finally, we're sort of here now. We've gotten to the finish line, kinda. By this time next week, if all goes to plan, there will have been an ME3 release. I look forward to finally being able to share it with you all. Not looking forward to going back to ME1, but I'll endure the pain for you all.
http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/me2-controller-support-power-wheel-t1703-50.html

Awesome news! Was happy to contribute.
Time for the OP to be updated, me thinks!

This guy deserves more rep. He's seriously amazing for doing this. I can't wait to replay ME1-3 on my couch with surround sound and a controller at 1080p60fps

Updated OP.

Also apparently this thing got posted at reddit a few days ago and kind of got big. Kotaku AU featured it. (I did submit to Kotaku when I created the thread but they didn't care it seems)

As a result of increased coverage the file got pulled from it's hosting site.

I wonder if EA pulled it because a HD trilogy is in the works.

iNvid02

eh i'll give em until E3 to see if they are gonna put out anything, otherwise its time to reinstall the trilogy

scitek

So, in exchange for his work he gets a new laptop, and hopefully he'll be able to use it to do other things in the future. Cool story.

Bizzquik

Updated OP.
Also apparently this thing got posted at reddit a few days ago and kind of got big. Kotaku AU featured it. (I did submit to Kotaku when I created the thread but they didn't care it seems)

Nice job! This guy deserves recognition.
And the extent fans will go to get a game to have features they feel are important - in this case, donations for controller support - is all the more interesting in light of Bethesda & Valve's introduction of paid mods (and the heated conversations that have resulted).

Now to wait for hell to freeze over and for Bioware to put their PC DLC on sale.

My thoughts exactly. For all DLC we're up to...what now? $60? $80? ...Whatever it is, its too high.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Needless to say, Bioware should buy him a loaded desktop and screen (and hire him) - this is going to generate a lot of new sales for the PC versions. I already own the games on console, but I've always held off on buying the PC versions (and their DLC) since I use a keyboard 10-12 hours a day and I would rather not spend my game time using a keyboard as well. So my hats off to him (and smh to Bioware not putting controller support in their PC versions themselves).

Vertti

Feels so tease when there is already patch for 2 & 3 but never have played the first one either lol.

But I know it's coming so hat off to this guy. Great work!

Bizzquik

Can't wait for ME1 and start my playthrough of the trilogy!

Totally agree.

If he can get ME1 done, then I'll really have to make a decision: buy all the DLC on PC - at its huge asking price - or try to hold off for a Remaster.

My preference is still to see a Remaster announced at E3....but that would still mean its actual release is several months away anyway.

beeswax

You can fix the deadzone issues in ME2 by editing the deadzone settings in coalesced.ini file. I can't check exactly what I ended up using as my PC is packed away ready for moving house but I think I remember increasing all the deadzone values which were set to 0.1 up to 0.4 and that fixed it.

Chinbo37

Really happy this is a thing.

I havent played the ME games yet but I own 1 and 2 on PC. Just waiting for him to finish part 1 so I can start the series.

I am not against KB+M but I play from my couch and its just not as convenient.

Dizzy-4U

Try using Durazno to fix the deadzone issue - just extract it to the same directory as your ME2 exe and set the deadzone to 25 or 30ish.
Thank you! It works great.

ME2 with the Wii U Pro controller is so comfy.

You can fix the deadzone issues in ME2 by editing the deadzone settings in coalesced.ini file. I can't check exactly what I ended up using as my PC is packed away ready for moving house but I think I remember increasing all the deadzone values which were set to 0.1 up to 0.4 and that fixed it.
Good to know. I'll look into it. Durazno works perfecly but if I can make it work without an external program, the better.

void666

Banned
I quit playing ME2 because of the lack of controller support and half assed M/K support.

Now i might give it another try.

This guy deserves more rep. He's seriously amazing for doing this. I can't wait to replay ME1-3 on my couch with surround sound and a controller at 1080p60fps

+1

Don't let anyone tell you controller support doesn't belong on PC. It absolutely does and the developers were stupid for not including it when the games came out. I mean seriously...who in this day and age doesn't include controller support for MULTIPLATFORM titles? Stupid.

I'd only completed about 10% of Mass Effect 2 and 0% of Mass Effect 3. Looks like it was worth the wait.

Thank you to the person that did this. It's amazing.

finley83

Banned
Good to know. I'll look into it. Durazno works perfecly but if I can make it work without an external program, the better.

Just in case you're still using Durazno, bear in mind you don't need to have the program open for it to work. Once you've set the deadzone using the .exe you can just close it and never open it again.

Bizzquik

Do we know when ME1 support is coming? I know the modder said ME1 is difficult to work with

From his post yesterday here: "I'm still on track to have something on ME1 by the end of the month, unless multiplayer gets in the way."

By the way, the "multiplayer" he is talking about is obviously ME3 - as he is hoping to release a final version of the ME3 mod soon.

Can't wait for ME1 to be done! Then I will have a reason to replay the series again on PC. Maybe the Bioware Point God will look down on me in pity and finally put those damn ME2/3 DLC's on sale, one can dream.

Mivey

Can't wait for ME1 to be done! Then I will have a reason to replay the series again on PC. Maybe the Bioware Point God will look down on me in pity and finally put those damn ME2/3 DLC's on sale, one can dream.
I think they would rather stop porting their games to PC and retroactively patch the games so that they not start playing, before they abandon Bioware Points. DA:I already has normal DLC that is sold through origin, it would be so easy to put all DLC into the trilogy version, stamp a GOTY on top of it and sell it for 60 bucks, with the price coming down eventually.
They might even use this guy's mod and call it the "remastered" version.

But no, BioWare Points must never cease to exist. Their the reason d'etre for BioWare PC department.

ME2&3 support has me excited, but I'll hold out for ME1. ME1 is the only one I've played in the trilogy, and it was back in 2007.

I'm looking forward to properly experiencing it again and the rest of the trilogy with a 360 controller.

bigace33

...Did you read the OP? ME3 has been done for weeks.

Oh wow! Lol I didn't read the op again I just asumed it wasn't done. Loading up ME2 now to do another run through.

elf-excited-o.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Awesome. Def need some ME1 support up in here. Then I can replay all 3 games at 4K.

Still hoping for a Mass Effect Trilogy: Definitive Collection/Remastered.

Hell. Next year will be 10 years post Mass Effect. (That's insane)

Mass Effect: Anniversary Edition.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Really puts bioWare to shame. I can't believe I only just found out about this, thanks for bumping thus thread.

Amazing work.

Tablo

Omg I have dreamt about this, shame on bioware/ea for omitting this from the PC builds. Absolutely stupid on their part.

Top Bottom