• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut is coming next week [Up: Out now, my sweet]

Kaldea

My download of this DLC is making it impossible to watch the stream. I'm guessing playing through the end to see the changes isn't worth it?

AlStrong

Any additions to the original endings or is it just the new dialogue options with starkid and the extra choice?

edit: Oh Normandy bit during the run.

cut-scene to protect the crucible after run...

Lime

lol they also retconned the Normandy
getting stranded.

At least they have corrected some of it.

Moaradin

Ok I think I might actually like the new red ending =O

Relay's are only damaged, not destroyed. Citadel is rebuilt and I assume the Relays are too

Well................

They certainly attempted to patch up their ending with the new Destroy option cutscenes, but it's still just a patch job. Not as pointless as the Rejection option at least.

scarybore

Sounds pretty half assed which is what I expected to be honest, they would have to redo the whole ending rather than augment it to actually fix the issues most of us had.

Don't suppose a bullshit explanation is given for the reapers not shutting down the relay network when they take control of the citadel?

At the very least the ending is better than the original, still has a bunch of the problems the original had but at least they made some decent retcons

Robot Pants

I'll be honest, the Hackett monologue with the power point presentation was 100x better than what we originally got. But rebuild the relays? Come on, son. Reapers built it and we have no idea how. Could take 1000 years to figure it out, in the meantime, everyone is stranded.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Destroy is canon (for me)

i think they added much needed conclusion....

shepard breath in the end was unnecessary

I'll be honest, the Hackett monologue with the power point presentation was 100x better than what we originally got. But rebuild the relays? Come on, son. Reapers built it and we have no idea how. Could take 1000 years to figure it out, in the meantime, everyone is stranded.

agree.and with other choices the endings will be different.

it makes a difference i think...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... do they actually show stuff like what happen to the Geths & Quarians, Tuchanka, all our crew, etc. after the events?

That ending with Shepard breathing just nailed it. I know the Destroy ending is not perfect for everyone, but they did show a lot more stuff and actually showed some future progress.

MormaPope

Banned
Any additions to the original endings or is it just the new dialogue options with starkid and the extra choice?

You get a total of 7-8 new dialog choices with Star Kid.

Dialog choices:

Reapers
Catalyst
Crucible
What Happens?
What Happens?
What Happens?
No
NO

There's epilogue stuff after the endings, and one more new ending, but nothing is really expanded to the point of closure or complete understanding.

Margalis

Banned
A new animatic!

We can rebuild -dramatic pause - EVERYTHING!

This is like watching a movie that the producers tried to fix up in post-production by adding some ADR from characters whose backs were facing away from the camera to fix up plot points, then it's put on cable where "bullshit" is re-recorded by a different actor as "nonsense."

A lot of this stuff is just really clumsy and it still has the same fundamental problems.

The artistic integrity angle didn't go anywhere either, they made a point of the relays not being destroyed.

Ruuppa

1.9gb for this? Bioware, you cad.

It's definitely an improvement, but you don't need much to improve on the normal endings.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Well, BioWare tried.

That deserves an 'A' for effort at least, but the issues are still there. Can't put a band-aid over a gunshot wound.

Vlodril

I like how everything that was destroyed previously , its undestroyed now. Citadel,Relays, Normandy. Complete 180. Still better than what was before. Nowhere close to what i wanted originally though. The whole damn child sequence was completely unnecessary.

Mastperf

Even if the extended ending fixed everything they screwed up with the original, I wouldn't trust Bioware enough to give them another chance. The awesome universe they constructed shows they have talent, but a lack of direction and cooperation among employees (Mr. "Lead Writer >:l) will sour the results every time.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Well, BioWare tried.

That deserves an 'A' for effort at least, but the issues are still there. Can't put a band-aid over a gunshot wound.

this isnt making bioware gods but it is some substantial effort to "reconnect" with their fans which is appreciated at least.

and it made me want to replay the trilogy for some reasons.maybe later.

having a conclusion,even with fallout style slides(which are great),makes a difference to a story driven game.

And the Citadel gets repaired. And the relays. And the Krogans have babies.

the krogans maybe they dont have babies in other endings?
with the genophage,i dont remember the decisions you made in tuchanka now

Replicant

I like how everything that was destroyed previously , its undestroyed now. Citadel,Relays, Normandy. Complete 180. Still better than what was before. Nowhere close to what i wanted originally though. The whole damn child sequence was completely unnecessary.

That validates many of our complaints though. About how inconsistent the whole relay-destroying thing and how messed up the ending was before this band-aid patch.

Petrichor

I can't believe the amount of additional hand-holding and exposition when shepherd is beamed aboard the citadel: "I THINK THIS IS THE CHASM YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT A MOMENT AGO" - was it so hard for people to get that shepherd and anderon were beamed into different places?

Jibbed

That validates many of our complaints though. About how inconsistent the whole relay-destroying thing and how messed up the ending was before this band-aid patch.

Mhmmm, the only real issue I have now with the ending is Star Child.

Guess it's too much of a plot change to remove.

It's better if you wanted something happier. It's not much better if you wanted something coherent and that fits with the rest of the series.

That said, I'm as glad as anyone that the crew we spent 3 games coming to care about manages to get off Gilligan's Planet.

Futurama back to normal ending in full effect.

That said, I'm as glad as anyone that the crew we spent 3 games coming to care about manages to get off Gilligan's Planet.

But that makes them looking out over the new world pointless, before it was at least them 'looking forward' now it's just something that should be deleted.

def sim

Patrick Weekes or someone else already confirmed that way back in PAX, though. At least the first two, Krogan repopulating is just a given. Normandy's crew no longer being stranded and somehow surviving on an unknown planet is a good fix because it was, simply, horrifically stupid.

sTeLioSco

Banned
It's better if you wanted something happier. It's not much better if you wanted something coherent and that fits with the rest of the series.

so so simple!

except if you are a "gaming journalist" (paid viral marketer for a major gaming website)

-coherent thats unfixable and a permanent flaw.ill live.

*gag* That's bullshit. This is the worst treatment for EU Playstation users that I can remember.

I actually have the US version of the PS3 game but I'm not sure I want to slog through the entire game all over again just to see the ending 1 week earlier.

OR SCEE are the new Marauder Shields. Trying to save us from Bioware's shitty writing.

Westraid

So has anyone shot the starchild other than me?
Yeah. Can't stand the kid.

I want to see all the endings but each time I have to continue from the conduit stroll.
Hate how I can't skip or save at a later time. This is going to take 5 hours before I've seen them all.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Skipping past some ridiculous posts and straight-up spoilers, just to clarify because three pages ago some people posted two different things - do you need to load a complete save, or find an old save before the Cerberus base?

Top Bottom