• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut is coming next week [Up: Out now, my sweet]

Lime

Bioware: The gift that keeps on giving.

I don't know whether their fans will rage more or less than the last time.

spekkeh

Banned
The bold....:LOL

And man, for a game supposedly meant to be replayed for different choices, this ending draaaaaaaaaags like crazy. You can barely skip anything to get right to the dialogue. Questionable game design

What, I thought one of the main problems with the ending was that it was a choose 1 of 3 options, and that people wanted the entire game to be reflected in the ending instead?

massoluk

Banned
Your squadmates get hit and are bloodied up pretty now bad right before the beam run. Shepard calls joker for an Evac. Tali was all "i can't leave you!"
Cutscene stuff you can't just heal with medigel.

But they are still fine in the jungle cutscene, did they fixed that as well?

Replicant

Your squadmates get hit and are bloodied up pretty now bad right before the beam run. Shepard calls joker for an Evac. Tali was all "i can't leave you!"
Cutscene stuff you can't just heal with medigel.

Hmm...I guess that's quite acceptable. I mean, considering all things, I can see Shepard doing that. At least my Shepard would have. That's exactly why I chose Javik and whatshisname Freddy Prinze Jr character for the final battle because I don't want to sacrifice the rest of the team. :p

MormaPope

Banned
Played through the updated ending ....the telling the starchild to fuck off ending felt like Bioware was filling in the blanks, or rather they just pasted dialog back onto the script.

The Liara beacon thing actually fucking sucks because THERE WAS NO MENTION OF SHEPARD, AT ALL, I REMEMBER LIARA INCLUDING ME, the beacon/fuck starchild ending is a room with three or four HDTV's and then a hologram machine. I guess Shepard had to be mentioned or shown technically, but what you see is hologram Liara for 20 seconds.

Bioware seems to get most of their material from fan fic now.

Played through the updated ending ....the telling the starchild to fuck off ending felt like Bioware was filling in the blanks, or rather they just pasted dialog back onto the script.

The Liara beacon thing actually fucking sucks because THERE WAS NO MENTION OF SHEPARD, AT ALL, I REMEMBER LIARA INCLUDING ME, the beacon/fuck starchild ending is a room with three or four HDTV's and then a hologram machine. I guess Shepard had to be mentioned or shown technically, but what you see is hologram Liara for 20 seconds.

The thing was like a mini internet filled with diffident stuff, no problem not have Shep there.

spekkeh

Banned

Could it be though that that's the reason why they wanted you to replay a large part, because it now has to save whether you chose liara to include you or not?

def sim

Playing the whole thing would have been dull. We already know what's on it and the scene gives you enough to understand what's going on.

Replicant

July 4th. Not worth waiting for I'd guess.

*gag* That's bullshit. This is the worst treatment for EU Playstation users that I can remember.

I actually have the US version of the PS3 game but I'm not sure I want to slog through the entire game all over again just to see the ending 1 week earlier.

Carbonox

The feedback in here has effectively put me off downloading this for myself. Sounds like the extended cut is just extended bullshit.

Lime

I like how Ashley/Kaidan
is the one telling Joker to forget Shepard.
After sparring her/his ass on Virmire, that's the thanks.

Reapers gonna reap.

I know the plot explanation, but the connection between the the Gun That Pierces the Heavens and Shepard screwing over all civilization does not make sense.

Jibbed

The two main issues of this whole thing - the Star Child even existing, and the relays being destroyed, these aren't changed. At all.

MormaPope

Banned
Playing the whole thing would have been dull. We already know what's on it and the scene gives you enough to understand what's going on.

It just felt really limp and emotionless, if my Shepard popped up and said a line of dialog, then the game cutting to black right after that line, I would be more satisfied.

Bioware really scavenged for ideas for what to do with the ending, that actually makes the ending more apathetic than before. The endings to Mass Effect 1&2 can get people excited and pumped up, the Mass Effect 3 endings has no exciting or tragic moments.

EDIT: The original Mass Effect 3 endings were completely disjointed from the rest of the game, but these additions add nothing to those endings. I can't believe Bioware took this long to release this.

Lime

Lol they retconned the Relay explosions to
"being severely damaged".

And here comes the jpg slideshow...

Top Bottom