• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut is coming next week [Up: Out now, my sweet]

spekkeh

Banned
Well.

For once, BioWare actually did troll their players.

I don't think it's trolling. Given the circumstances it's really the only logical conclusion of the option, and I'm pretty sure that's the reason why they didn't include it in the first place. At least now you have the option if you want to take the destructive moral highground.

def sim

Built up to be the antagonist only to be ignored; It's such a shame.

It sounds like if you reject the star child's choices, you get a bad ending where everyone dies, but someone finds Liara's beacon in the future.

This is actually very good. The last third of the game made it feel like it's very much likely we'll lose and most scenes in Priority: Earth all but confirmed it. It fits.

spekkeh

Banned
Built up to be the antagonist only to be ignored; It's such a shame.

This is actually very good. The last third of the game made it feel like it's very much likely we'll lose and most scenes in Priority: Earth all but confirmed it. It fits.

canonical ending it is :p.

Stream commentary blowing up was worth it. So funny.

This seems like a waste of resources though. No one's going to be happy that was left disappointed before. Bioware should've just stuck to their guns and moved on.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

The kid isn't just a short man anymore!

Must have took retooling their whole engine.

Margalis

Banned
I don't get it.

So you choose the reject ending, the evil voice says "the cycle repeats", you see that message saying you couldn't beat the reapers...then the next scene is talking about how Shep saved the universe and do we have any more stories about him?

Why would they even be talking about him if all he did was repeat the cycle? Why not talk about the guys who actually defeated the reapers...."mommy tell me another story about the worthless bum who did nothing useful!"

Wait why does Jocker leave?

They show it now but I don't see why.

The Super Indoctrination theory: Shepard wakes up and it turns out he killed Saren at the Citadel with the shots.

Retconning all of 2 and 3 out of existence ... I love it.

I don't get it.

So you choose the reject ending, the evil voice says "the cycle repeats", you see that message saying you couldn't beat the reapers...then the next scene is talking about how Shep saved the universe and do we have any more stories about him?

Why would they even be talking about him if all he did was repeat the cycle? Why not talk about the guys who actually defeated the reapers...."mommy tell me another story about the worthless bum who did nothing useful!"
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

The added Normandy evac scene before the beam was decently done to explain that plothole I guess. The two dialog choices you get for your LI is hilarious though
"I'll always love you" or "you'll just slow me down".

Lime

Do Bioware and the EC give exposition on who manages to escape the Citadel? I.e. all the people you helped throughout the whole fucking game.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 can easily be replayed countless of times because they are still awesome games, but the ending is Youtube watch material. There is no point in having to wait 20 minutes just to feel dissapointed again.

I don't get it.

The bold....:LOL

And man, for a game supposedly meant to be replayed for different choices, this ending draaaaaaaaaags like crazy. You can barely skip anything to get right to the dialogue. Questionable game design

Vlodril

Can someone explain what happens in the new endings? I see the stream now but he is still going to the anderson/illusive man meeting. I am guessing he allready did one or more endings.

that was a waste of recourses.

They should have just made a flash game where you pick from a list and it plays some audio of a static image.

Can someone explain what happens in the new endings? I see the stream now but he is still going to the anderson/illusive man meeting. I am guessing he allready did one or more endings.

Spoilers.

Do nothing: fade to a field with a beacon in it, see a hologram of Liara (the one you talked with her about) talking about the last cycle failing.

massoluk

Banned
The added Normandy evac scene before the beam was decently done to explain that plothole I guess. The two dialog choices you get for your LI is hilarious though
"I'll always love you" or "you'll just slow me down".

Haha, reallly?
We fought with you just now against countless Banchees, Brutes, that big ass laser firing thng. But nooooooo, you can only do this alone now?

Didn't make sense then, still doesn't make sense now.

Pointless DLC, why even bother? It makes the endings worse than before because now everybody knows it's all supposed to be taken at face value and thus contradicts series plot/lore and doesn't make any sense at all.

How can a game, or even just one part of a game, be so bad that it destroys the other games in the series by default? This is Highlander 2 levels of horrific.

Lime

Shepard shot
the Space Kid, who then does a deep, demonic voice, the game ends, and you see the Liara hologram from earlier on another planet.

Ruuppa

You can now reject the three colors, but that leads to a "Bad End" with the cycle continuing. Liara's recording plays out in a ruin or something, and a female Buzz Aldrin tells the stories of The Shepard. Shooting the kid also gives you this ending.

Destroy coming up next on the stream.

sTeLioSco

Banned

he did the new "reject" ending twice

waiting for seeing differences in the existing endings....

How does that work? Did they change the shape of the adult as well to look more female? I'm kind of amused tbh because we complained so much of how creepy Buzz was. But I didn't think they'd actually replace him like this.

Yep both redrawn, must have taken all of 5 minutes rather then the 2 minutes for the older one.

Vlodril

I don't get it.

This is gold btw well done.

Haha, reallly?
We fought with you just now against countless Banchees, Brutes, that big ass laser firing thng. But nooooooo, you can only do this alone now?

Didn't make sense then, still doesn't make sense now.

Your squadmates get hit and are bloodied up pretty now bad right before the beam run. Shepard calls joker for an Evac. Tali was all "i can't leave you!"
Cutscene stuff you can't just heal with medigel.

hilarious, minutes before i saw the "don't shoot the starchild" posts I shot at the starchild myself while going through the ending again. I missed though, and instead of shooting again I just said "fuck it, it's not like its gonna do anything" guess I was wrong.

Top Bottom