• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Seems like it's mostly going to be the ME1 squadmates again. Except for that James Vega dude, god I hate him already, what a douche.

HK-47 said:
Or they could just be crazy like me and preferred shitty vehicle sections on cut and paste world with pretty skyboxes cause damn I wish a good game was about this be I guess this is it. As a oppose to an ok TPS.
If that's crazy, I don't want to be sane.

CrazyDude

Apparently the article has been leaked, and there is no mention of multiplayer. It seems this guy posted a portion of the article at Bioware's forum, which was soon deleted.

GSR

That's what the word on the street is, anyways. For those curious, it apparently describes
the introduction of Shepard arriving on Palaven, and a mission with Thane on a different planet looking for a cure.

Complistic

Rezbit said:
Seems like it's mostly going to be the ME1 squadmates again. Except for that James Vega dude, god I hate him already, what a douche.

So far we know

Ashley/Kaidan (ME1)
Liara (ME1/ME2)
Tali (ME1/ME2)
Garrus (ME1/ME2)
James Vega (ME3)
Unnanounced Female (ME3)

I'd say they have a pretty good spread so far...

GSR said:
That's what the word on the street is, anyways. For those curious, it apparently describes
the introduction of Shepard arriving on Palaven, and a mission with Thane on a different planet looking for a cure.

Why on earth am I looking for a cure for thane when the reapers are killing everyone. If they fill up the game with these stupid personal stories AGAIN I don't know what I'll do.

GSR

Complistic said:
Why on earth am I looking for a cure for thane when the reapers are killing everyone. If they fill up the game with these stupid personal stories AGAIN I don't know what I'll do.

The exact description is (assuming this is legit, which it seems to be since mods clamped down on it)

"...Our second quest includes a surprise reveal. We are tasked with finding a group of Hanar scientists that are being held captive on the crime-ridden planet Invictus. The Normandy lands in a local dock where an unexpected, but welcome, Drell assassin greets us. Thane Krios, the companion from Mass Effect 2 is going to be accompanying you on this mission. Thane is suffering from a disease known as 'Kepral's Syndrome,' and the scientists in question are working on a cure for this very sickness... "While Thane is only a temporary companion, you can rest assured that you will feel content with his inclusion."

So it seems to be part of something bigger - maybe ensuring good relations with the Hanar/Drell?

Nemesis_

Alpha-Bromega said:
why the fuck is this vega guy in the game?

I rememnber reading he was going to be a gay romance, not sure if that was just someone talking crap though.

Really have no idea why Vega is in though.

DaBuddaDa

CrazyDude said:
Apparently the article has been leaked, and there is no mention of multiplayer. It seems this guy posted a portion of the article at Bioware's forum, which was soon deleted.
So what was the reveal then?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My favorite feature on my blender is the lore behind its creation.

Though I'm kind of wondering when they plan to market this game in general. They've been pretty comically silent about any features at all except shooting people in the face repeatedly.

MuddyDonut said:
To represent new players

What does that even mean?

How does Vega represent new players???

Nevermind...

Game Informer, Vega is meant to embody the mindset of a new player entering the franchise: capable as a soldier, but unacclimated to the delicate and often deadly inner-workings of galactic politics.

That's one of the more stupid things I've read this gen.

Nemesis556 said:
I rememnber reading he was going to be a gay romance, not sure if that was just someone talking crap though.

Really have no idea why Vega is in though.

From a Bioware perspective, this would make more sense to me...if I was part of Bioware and drank their stupidity kool-aid.

It's important to note that Bioware's "gay romance" is Bioware "gay" and not actual "gay".

If the main character was a 6' block of tofu, Vega, Ashley, Kaiden and everyone else would fuck it as well. I really struggle now with Bioware's ideas of "romance" in their games now as it's so embarassingly handled and obvious. Gender roles doesn't even play a factor, not because Bioware is populated with a bunch of high-thinking, socially advanced people...but because they are a bunch of lazy, childish programmers.

Derrick01

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:
What does that even mean?

How does Vega represent new players???

Dudebros. That's what I thought about when I read that. He looks like one, and represents the new crowd Bioware is gunning for.

Complistic

Nirolak said:
My favorite feature on my blender is the lore behind its creation.

Though I'm kind of wondering when they plan to market this game in general. They've been pretty comically silent about any features at all except shooting people in the face repeatedly.

I'm pretty sure the omniblade is the "awesome button" this time around.

Wait, so...

Somehow, Thane's disease was incurable, there wasn't any viable solutions for the next years...and now magically appears a cure out there? Why give one of the ME2 characters and incurable disease just to retcon it the next game?...

Writters in this game making more and more stupid things

inky

Derrick01 said:
Dudebros. That's what I thought about when I read that. He looks like one, and represents the new crowd Bioware is gunning for.

But dudebros are not gay (videogame characters that is) or at least I don't think they are. In fact, didn't Bioware themselves said they didn't see male Shepard as a gay character in the first place? (I'm sure marketing had a say about that).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Relaxed Muscle said:
Wait, so...

Somehow, Thane's disease was incurable, there wasn't any viable solutions for the next years...and now magically appears a cure out there? Why give one of the ME2 characters and incurable disease just to retcon it the next game?...

Writters in this game making more and more stupid things
Unless I'm remembering Mass Effect 2 incorrectly, the plot is far dumber than that.

Thane says that the Hanar have been working for a couple of years on a cure, but it's not done yet.

Shepard then proceeds to ask why he doesn't just wear a respirator, since the problem is breathing humid air, and he says he won't because he feels too close to the Hanar.

Presumably he just decided to wear a respirator or this game takes place less and 8-12 months after ME2.

Edit:

Yes. I corrected a few slight issues with the spoilered text. It's even dumber than I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOU5NacSvvk

Nirolak said:
Unless I'm remembering Mass Effect 2 incorrectly, the plot is far dumber than that.

Thane says that the Hanar have been working for a couple of years on a cure, but it's not done yet.

Shepard then proceeds to ask why he doesn't just wear a respirator, since the problem is breathing humid air, and he says he won't because he feels too close to the Hanar.

Presumably he just decided to wear a respirator or this game takes place less and 8-12 months after ME2.

Edit:

Yes. I corrected a few slight issues with the spoilered text. It's even dumber than I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOU5NacSvvk
It takes place right after ME2... he could still be alive. And really people rip on the writing of one of many characters, super deep background.

You guys know people have to come up with this stuff right? It's amazing how much detail they go into everything. Who cares if there are inconsistencies in some small things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom