• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozay

Banned
Random question regarding that magazine I posted-some folks in a previous thread were thinking that a multiplayer announcement got pulled from Gamescom, so is it possible that said article was supposed to be about that announcement but got changed at the last minute when it wasn't announced? Or is that not feasible for print media?

ReaperXL7

Could I get someone who is good at photoshop to do me a small favor?

is there anyway I could get someone to take this photo

big.jpg

Change the changes title to Mass Effect Changes, and replace the pictures with various pictures of Shepard and/or his/her various lovers. I think it would be pretty handy for any bioware threads from now on. I want a good one for Dragon age aswell, but I think that one would need a bit of fabio.

If there is anyone with the talent and time to do this I would much appreciate it.

Looks like they pretty much reused the exact map model from ME2 but changed the label graphics a little bit.

I kind of like how they have the ability to choose from multiple locations on the planet, but I also liked tracking down the sidequests... I mean, I hate the scanning and all, but I liked searching for the signals and stuff, at least. Oh well, no more planet scanning is preferred, so I'll take that instead.

QUARIANS.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm hoping we'll still have to track down sidequests like on the planets themselves. I already know it won't be Mako type stuff but on the populated worlds I'd like to be able to run around and pull sidequests out of people whether it's through the conversation system or something else, even if it's from hacking or some other mini game.

Just giving them to us automatically would really suck and just be another dumbed down negative feature this series would have.

Yeah, but if it meant keeping planet scanning, I might prefer to lose that. It's not like we have any real sense of freedom left anymore, other than choosing if you do A or B first.

Kosma

Banned
Mirrors Edge is one of my favourite games this gen. But it didn't sell good enough for EA.
So now they are back on to making safe bets:

SWOTR = Wow + story + 8 years after wow
Battlefield = Battlefield + COD leveling
Mass Effect 2 and now 3 = gimped Gears of War/Uncharted + gimped RPG
Dragon Age 2 = gimped Devil May Cry + vomit

EA online store Origins = gimped Steam

Chinner

Banned
Kosma said:
Mirrors Edge is one of my favourite games this gen. But it didn't sell good enough for EA.

EA has and always will be a follower. If you want a developer who innovates and pushes the boundaries, then you're looking at the wrong place bro.

Kosma said:

Not to protect EA or anything, but I can't think of a single publisher that is really pushing innovation anymore, or for that matter a dev that's actually trying to be innovative. Everyone's following each other these days, it's a giant circle.

Make it pretty, hopefully prettier, so that can be the selling point.
Make it play like the predecessor with "rpg elements" or slight tweaks and "improvements" here or there.
Make sure there is a predecessor, first off. Gotta have a number at the end of the title.
Ship it.

mocoworm

As long as multiplayer does not affect the core single player game. It is not something I expect so it will be a pleasant addition. I was buying regardless.

Kosma

Banned
Chinner said:
oh i see what you're doing okay.

I don't even know what I'm doing.

It's just really dissapointing to see EA back out of trying new stuff like Mirrors Edge so quick.

Derrick01

Banned
Kosma said:

don't forget stuff like dead space and dante's inferno either. It's pretty clear what both of those ripped on (even if dead space is better than RE's latest entry). Mirror's Edge really is the only real innovative thing they've done this gen that I can think of.

My hunch is Space Battles. They were influenced by Star Control II (sadly something which gaming media overlooks because the PC Gamers in the media like Jeff Green, Greg Kasavin, Sean Elliot, Shane Bettenhausen, etc have moved on into development) and they have said for the last two games that they've always wanted to do Space battles. Hopefully this is the time they do it.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't get excited. If there's any kind of space battles it's going to be heavily on rails and cinematic. And I thought the same thing back when ME1 came out, it's not Bioware's specialty.

Kinyou

Derrick01 said:
Don't get excited. If there's any kind of space battles it's going to be heavily on rails and cinematic. And I thought the same thing back when ME1 came out, it's not Bioware's specialty.
The codex entries about the space battles got me really hyped up back in ME1. But yeah, I really doubt that they would be able to pull of a kingdom under fire like RTS system.

inky

zkylon said:
New reveal: romancing Reapers gameplay confirmed.

Plot twist: the Reapers were actually trying to bring inter-species love to the galaxy, it's just that their programming for love/war got mixed up. Recruitment mission is convincing everyone to go out on a date with them. Final "battle" is Shepard seducing a Reaper and making sweet sweet love to him/her but, there's ONE condition.... Tali must watch. Galaxy is saved. The End.

Emitan

This game should open with Tali being killed right when you're about to see her face and then you never do. Would restore all my faith in Bioware.

Billychu said:
This game should open with Tali being killed right when you're about to see her face and then you never do. Would restore all my faith in Bioware.
Nah, what's going to happen is she's going to jump on a grenade to save Shepard, it blows her face off, then you bring her back to the ship where her face gets rebuilt to the player's creepy preference via a character creation window.

Wallach

Billychu said:

I would laugh my ass off, that would be amazing. Would need to be a grenade or something too; no opportunity for a "dying in your arms" kind of moment, but more like some Saving Private Ryan shit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wallach said:
I would laugh my ass off, that would be amazing. Would need to be a grenade or something too; no opportunity for a "dying in your arms" kind of moment, but more like some Saving Private Ryan shit.

We already get that stuff in ME2 don't we? I mean Tali gets a rocket or bullet in the head during the suicide mission if we didn't do her loyal mission and completely ignored her during the game and still chose her for the ventilation tunnel part at the beginning.

Emitan

Bisnic said:
We already get that stuff in ME2 don't we? I mean Tali gets a rocket or bullet in the head during the suicide mission if we didn't do her loyal mission and completely ignored her during the game.
Do you think Talimancers ignored Tali? She needs to die for them.

dr_rus

infinityBCRT said:
My hunch is Space Battles. They were influenced by Star Control II (sadly something which gaming media overlooks because the PC Gamers in the media like Jeff Green, Greg Kasavin, Sean Elliot, Shane Bettenhausen, etc have moved on into development) and they have said for the last two games that they've always wanted to do Space battles. Hopefully this is the time they do it.
Well, the main thing from Star Control 2 in ME1 was planet exploration, so...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Typographenia said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say "fallen," but it has certainly run in a direction contrary to anything I would have ever imagined.

I think people that latch on to 1 are really people clinging to the idea of what Mass Effect was gonna be prerelease and based off that intial CGI intro trial with the distress signal.

Or they could just be crazy like me and preferred shitty vehicle sections on cut and paste world with pretty skyboxes cause damn I wish a good game was about this but I guess this is it. As a oppose to an ok TPS.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wallach said:

The game starts with the escape pod she was tinkering with malfunctioning and jettisoning her into a nearby black hole.

Replicant

I haven't been keeping up with the news but judging from that youtube vid above, it looks like Garrus, Tali, and Legion are confirmed to be in the game yeah?

Mindlog

Replicant said:
I haven't been keeping up with the news but judging from that youtube vid above, it looks like Garrus, Tali, and Legion are confirmed to be in the game yeah?
Every previous character will be making at least a cameo.
or sending an e-mail

They are starting to bombard my inbox with pre-order notices. The N7 edition needs to come with Krogan Neuticle Quads or no sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom