• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda has gone gold

I've never played a Mass Effect game. And I lost interest in Dragon Age Inquisition after getting to the Hinterlands (or was it Winterlands?). I'm not sure if this game is up my alley.

Krakn3Dfx

A lot of amazing games out recently or coming out, curious to see how ME:A holds up in comparison. Loved the original trilogy, even 3 in spite of itself, but if 4 ends up just playing it safe, I'll probably hold off for a sale. It'll largely depend on Gaf impressions leading up to launch.

Mezoly

I've never played a Mass Effect game. And I lost interest in Dragon Age Inquisition after getting to the Hinterlands (or was it Winterlands?). I'm not sure if this game is up my alley.

Honestly you should play the trilogy. All three of them combined are almost shorter than DAI. I only played them for the first time over a year ago and it became one of my favorite series of all time. They were different than DAI. The story was more to the point and the combat is more engaging.

I'll definitely be there day 1. Waiting on reviews and EA Access trial to determine which edition to get. If the MP is really great, I might get one of the deluxe versions.

mosdl

People complain games are revealed too early. Now they complain not enough is revealed before release. Make up your minds

Any guess how Big the day one Patch is? I will playing Horizon at this time, if the Feedback is good i probably buy the game.

I really love that franchise

shtolky

Why does it feel like nobody cares?

Because this game has seemingly been in development forever, was announced forever ago, and Mass Effect 3 left a poor taste in people's mouths (not mine). And, Zelda and the Switch are dominating the hype. I can't wait for this game.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wonder what i can expect from my 970 and i5-6600k

EDIT: Aaaaand I've posted this in the wrong thread

That's what happens when you wear blinders.

Samoon is Chuck Pagano

I'm beginning to see what people mean about Bioware threads on this site. Either way I'm excited for this game. I love the trilogy and 2 is my favorite WRPG not named the Witcher 3. I anticipate many, many hours spent on this game this year. Probably won't touch any of these other stellar releases until black friday sales this fall

asariN7

Lets go boyzzz
QwFwozu.gif

Schlorgan

Just give me the min PC specs already!
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/deluxe-edition

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Because this game has seemingly been in development forever, was announced forever ago, and Mass Effect 3 left a poor taste in people's mouths (not mine). And, Zelda and the Switch are dominating the hype. I can't wait for this game.

I honestly never understood the hate Mass Effect 3 got. The ending was abysmal, true. But there was an immensely fun game before that.

If anything. The Mass Effect franchise showed as to why people should be hyped about Andromeda. It is not like they just threw away all their talent after the third installment finished.

Madness

- We remember ME3
- We remember DA:I
- We remember we barely seen anything from the game and from the little we saw, nothing was really reassuring.

Pretty much. Even worse is that it was made by BioWare Montreal and then with the delays they need BioWare Edmonton to come in and help finish.

So far nothing has impressed at all. Buying it solely for the name and the fact I got an E3 discount on it through Amazon almost 2 years ago.

wildbite

I'm buying the game but I wish they'd show a gameplay video on exploration to hype me up. The combat video looked great but I'm more interested in exploring and how the game will make us feel traveling to those new worlds.

Schlorgan

I'm buying the game but I wish they'd show a gameplay video on exploration to hype me up. The combat video looked great but I'm more interested in exploring and how the game will make us feel traveling to those new worlds.

The exploration video is next week.

HardRojo

So many games, so little time. Fuck and I haven't even bought a single one I want from this year. RE7, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Nier, Horizon, Mass Effect, Persona 5, Crash Trilogy...

Catvoca

Banned
So hyped. Waiting on reviews to purchase it but goddamn I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. It's been way too long since a new ME game.

Really hope this is a great game but when some of previews that have just come out, said it's still rough around the edges, this close to release, it's a little worrying. Luckily I'm not really hyped about this, like I was about the original 3 games but if it's really good, it will be a bonus.

Please be good and much better than the previous 3. I need a good space exploration game to cover the hole No man's sky left and star citizen still has a long way to go

Nodnol

Hype intensifies.

Nearly done with ME2, then it's on to 3 in preparation for Andromeda.

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

The Big N

Banned
Bioware staff be like... If we finish the game now we have just enough time to binge Horizon and move onto Zelda before launch.

Why does it feel like nobody cares?

Well...

gimme gimme gimme

Awesome. So many games coming up.

Excellent news, starting to feel more and more real now!

Aww yiss !!

Aw yis. My most waited game of the gen.

Yeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

I need it.

The combat and customization looks amazing!

This. Game. Cannot. Come. Soon. Enough.

*heavy breathing intensifies*

Lol, yup. Mass Effect will rule.

Still the game I'm looking forward to most this year. Can't wait.

That's some grade A first post shit posting though. Junior4lyfe

Congrats to Bioware Edmonton and Montreal. Day one here.

Top Bottom