• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Previews and hands-on impressions

The game is sounding great but lmfao, what the fuck is this

PLiZA87.jpg

Who saw this and went "done!"
I can't unsee. 😭 Thanks for ruining my hype GAF.

I expect the animations and character detail to be about on the same level as Inquisition, that is to say average. I don't play RPG's for Uncharted 4 level of detail, it's simply not going to happen, especially in an RPG that allows you to fully customize the PC. If you thought things looked okay enough in Inquisition then you should be fine with MEA.

It's weird because I know a girl who has a face just like PeeBee. She isn't the most attractive girl but I never thought her face was broken or anything, just chubby and roundish.

ironcreed

Banned
I expect the animations and character detail to be about on the same level as Inquisition, that is to say average. I don't play RPG's for Uncharted 4 level of detail, it's simply not going to happen, especially in an RPG that allows you to fully customize the PC. If you thought things looked okay enough in Inquisition then you should be fine with MEA.

As I have said before, Mass Effect has always had it's share of jank. But that never stopped me before and I am not about to let it here. Especially considering that the game on the whole looks to be on another level entirely. I'll be more than fine.

DesertFox

The game is sounding great but lmfao, what the fuck is this

PLiZA87.jpg

Who saw this and went "done!"
His face looks like a character model that's complete but hasn't been rigged for animation yet. Just sitting there in the Vitruvian Man pose with that lifeless thousand yard stare...

Lime

His face looks like a character model that's complete but hasn't been rigged for animation yet. Just sitting there in the Vitruvian Man pose with that lifeless thousand yard stare...

Bioware also had a shot that looked like the characters were in T-pose in the Story trailer:

PCnkYdy.jpg

Staf

I agree. Who cares if they have poor animations, as long as the game is fun to play i'm happy. Though the janky Bioware animations creates these hilarious gifs and memes is a side-benefit i think lol.

A-V-B

The more i hear this game has too much things im underwhelmed and disappointed by.

I think im not gonna getting it Day 1 anymore especially with Horizon, Zelda and Nier coming next month.

Yeah, it's going to be an overabundance of games that actually excite the hell out of me. Might wait for a price drop + DLC bundle? Or maybe the reviews are super stellar and I jump on board, but... man, I only got so much time for games lol >_<

Tovarisc

Yeah, it's going to be an overabundance of games that actually excite the hell out of me. Might wait for a price drop + DLC bundle? Or maybe the reviews are super stellar and I jump on board, but... man, I only got so much time for games lol >_<

BioWare game with such bundle? You are funny :) Main game will drop in price at some point, but DLC will stay separate and at full price.

Y'all talking like that's not the face you'd make if a woman jumped on top of you
My expression would be one of four things:
-Fear
-Irritation
-Confusion
-Excitement

The only way this:
LqcujA1.jpg

is an expression I would have in that circumstance would probably be after massive trauma.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't for the life of me find the source of that gif.

Lucas Sparks

Neo Member
Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone have a good source for a playthrough of ME1/2/3? I'm looking for recommendations on a playthrough that is not overly trying to be funny, that plays it kind of seriously ect. Kind of like Metal Gear Scanlon in a way... My friend is really interested in it, but she doesn't have the capability of playing through all three and we like to watch these things at work.

Just to catch up for Andromeda! If there is a better place to ask this I'll head there... thanks!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Let's be realistic here, they're complaining about lackluster animations in a Mass Effect thread. How would they know?

Lol, cool personal attack. No need to be so defensive.

I agree. Who cares if they have poor animations, as long as the game is fun to play i'm happy. Though the janky Bioware animations creates these hilarious gifs and memes is a side-benefit i think lol.

Though admittedly, this moreso echoes my overall thoughts on the matter, tbh.

Lol, cool personal attack. No need to be so defensive.

Though admittedly, this moreso echoes my overall thoughts on the matter, tbh.

It was a joke. I was riffing off of what the other guy said. No need to be so defensive :) But if that's the way it comes over, I'll amend it.

Sendero

Huh, hadn't see this video.

It seems the writers are doing the same they started to do on The Shadow Broker DLC, which was to pre-emptively setup couples, so everyone is happy by the end.

Lexi apparently has a crush on Drack (krogan).
She also has some sort of rivalry with PB.
And by the way Vetra (turian) turns around when she passes, there might be something there as well.

Guess relationships will be more entangled this time.

deafmedal

PREORDER CANCELLED
on amazon, decided on the super deluxe digital as I am taking release week off and don't want to wait on amazon. Also ordered the die cast model :) Used some reward points for the $100 PSN card and bought a theme for the $100/$15 promo so not too pricey for a day 1 digital purchase!

Vamphuntr

My expression would be one of four things:
-Fear
-Irritation
-Confusion
-Excitement

The only way this:
LqcujA1.jpg

is an expression I would have in that circumstance would probably be after massive trauma.

Bwahaha this is amazing. I feel their big objective for the next game will be to improve on animations and expressions. They seems to really have perfected the gameplay with this one.

Every Bioware game seems to have massive flaws they eventually recognize and promise the next game won't be like the previous one just like Molyneux.

ME2 won't have the terrible inventory system and planet exploration of ME1
DA2 will be super hot graphically and not terrible looking like DAO
Dragon Age Inquisition won't be anything like DA2
ME3 won't have a dumb resources scanning like ME2
Andromeda won't have the fetch quests of DAI

Hopefully Andromeda won't continue the tradition.

This is just so odd to me. I still vividly remember how detailed and impressive the facial design and animations were in the very first Mass Effect. Seems like such a huge step back.

This is just so odd to me. I still vividly remember how detailed and impressive the facial design and animations were in the very first Mass Effect. Seems like such a huge step back.

Vividly? Are you sure bout that... you guys are passing a ton of judgements off one buggy screenshot of a quick animation. It's insane.

Top Bottom