• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect (PS3) |OT| Shepard's love is not exclusive

Just got the trilogy on PS3 today but I want to fully explore the lore and mass effect universe. So does anyone know if there is a definitive guide as to what order a read the comic and books and play the games? Thanks.

Just got the trilogy on PS3 today but I want to fully explore the lore and mass effect universe. So does anyone know if there is a definitive guide as to what order a read the comic and books and play the games? Thanks.

Play the games in this order:

1, 2, 3.

By the time you finished, you probably won't care about reading any EU stuff. If you still do, send a PM to EatChildren and he will set you down the dark path.

sono

I have purchased the PSN digital download today and have started playing this afternoon. I immediately love the rich story ..

I have 2 on blu ray but never played it because I wanted to play one first. The trilogy begins.... (for me!)

I'm going through ME:2 on PS3 now and damn it's a wonderful sequal. Story and characters are great, visuals are fantastic.

I wish I didn't lose my ME:1 save game from december. It depresses me to learn my actions didn't cross over, for example: Being accused of not rescuing the concil members in ME. but I intend to also play through ME3 soon now that it came with PS+ so I didn't feel like rushing ME again so soon.

I might play it again after I finish the trilogy my first time. BUT I have to say that mass effect is an amazing game series, and PS3 having the definitive version of 1 and 2 is pretty good for us.

I'm going through ME:2 on PS3 now and damn it's a wonderful sequal. Story and characters are great, visuals are fantastic.

I wish I didn't lose my ME:1 save game from december. It depresses me to learn my actions didn't cross over, for example: Being accused of not rescuing the concil members in ME. but I intend to also play through ME3 soon now that it came with PS+ so I didn't feel like rushing ME again so soon.

I might play it again after I finish the trilogy my first time. BUT I have to say that mass effect is an amazing game series, and PS3 having the definitive version of 1 and 2 is pretty good for us.

Eh, not sure if "definitive" is the right word.

Just finished this great game.

One question though, the game doesn't prompt me to save so that a "clear game" save is ready for when I play mass effect 2. My last actual game save is prior to the final boss battle.

How does the save transfer in the PS3 version work? Shouldn't the game prompt me to save just before or after the credits so that I'd have game cleared save?

This version is really disappointing. I have it fully downloaded from the PSN, and the loading and save times are horrible compared to the 360. I also keep getting random weird stutters and hiccups. The only thing that is an improvement is the visuals look a little better. It is my second favorite game this generation, so I am extremely letdown by this. :(

Artorias

Banned
I hope its ok to bump this for some questions, ME first timer here!

I'm starting ME trilogy and I want to know if the class I pick carries on through the sequels if I want to keep the same character, or if I can pick a new class at the start of each game.

On that note, what classes are the funnest to play in your opinion? I'm having trouble deciding if I want to do more shooting or try a class with a lot of powers. Vanguard sounds pretty fun. I love shotguns usually but I've heard the shooting is kinda weak in the first game.

Open to any suggestions! I have a really hard time making a decision that could last through 3 games...so this may be a tough series for me in general.

I hope its ok to bump this for some questions, ME first timer here!

I'm starting ME trilogy and I want to know if the class I pick carries on through the sequels if I want to keep the same character, or if I can pick a new class at the start of each game.

On that note, what classes are the funnest to play in your opinion? I'm having trouble deciding if I want to do more shooting or try a class with a lot of powers. Vanguard sounds pretty fun. I love shotguns usually but I've heard the shooting is kinda weak in the first game.

Open to any suggestions! I have a really hard time making a decision that could last through 3 games...so this may be a tough series for me in general.

Classes carry over but you are allowed to change if you wish at the start of 2 or 3.

Couldn't say about funnest class; I always went Soldier in ME1. I like kicking the shit out of everything as a regular-ass human -- though, I remember the Vanguards of ME1 to be top-tier. The shooting takes some getting used to in the beginning, but if you level enough, get good weapons, and spend skill points wisely, the shooting gets much better.

You only need to put enough points into a weapon to unlock its 2nd or 3rd power evolution to make it really good. If you completely upgrade Assault Rifles and put the right equipment on one, you can pretty much fire indefinitely... with pinpoint accuracy.

Artorias

Banned
Thanks a lot for the response! I am watching some class vids now, but its nice to know I can switch when I start a sequel.

I'd like to try every weapon but I really want powers, so I think I'm going to go Infiltrator or Vanguard.

Field

Sorry for this is off topic question since I didn't find the Mass Effect 2 thread. So I'm playing Mass Effect 2 for the first time and really enjoying it but I'm wondering how much time should I spend scanning planets? Is it necessary to scan every planet?

Patryn

Sorry for this is off topic question since I didn't find the Mass Effect 2 thread. So I'm playing Mass Effect 2 for the first time and really enjoying it but I'm wondering how much time should I spend scanning planets? Is it necessary to scan every planet?

Sort of. Select a planet, and if it doesn't immediately say "Anomaly Detected" then all you can get from it is resources. So if you don't need resources, move on.

And you pretty much only have to mine for resources when you need them, and even then you can get everything you need simply hitting the Rich planets.

Field

Thanks for the replies. Is everything I upgrade like passive skills? I mean so I never have to choose between and equip upgrades?

Top Bottom