• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masterchef S7 |OT| Come to Gordon's BBBQ. The extra B is for Bring Your Own Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unfortunate that there isn't really a mechanism for the judges to take overall performance into account for elimination.

You can do flawless the entire competition and get fucked by one mistake, where someone else who just happened to get lucky coasts by with average output the entire time.

That's unfortunately the nature of reality TV.

Zoe

Huh I went looking for a thread like this after last week's preview, now here it is.

What do we figure is up with David and "this protein"?

Anybody paid attention to whether he's avoided pork during all of the other challenges? Not sure how he'd get to top 5 doing that. It's the only thing I can come up with about the preview.

There was a different preview last night, and they made it seem like he messed up in the pantry, like he forgot something or grabbed the wrong thing.

I hope next season they cut out the "guest judges" thing. It really broke the flow of the show where people start to understand the three judges tastes and dislikes and adjust themselves accordingly.

I also wish they'd bring back the auditions part, shit was hysterical when Joe was still there.

I dunno, I like a couple of the guest judges. Not this latest one though, he sucks.

Masterchef has always had ridiculous judging moments.

Who remembers Joe taking back his complaint and saying that Courtney's salty dessert was intellectual? It was so obvious that the judges wanted Courtney to win that year.

And then you have the ridiculous coasting of Claudia, who was only a one-dimensional chef with how many Mexican dishes she had, whereas everyone else was forced to measure up to judges' expectations.

And now we have silly nonsense like Nathan coasting, Terry and Alejandro getting eliminated, Dan somehow making it as far as he did...

It's clear that the show doesn't give a shit about Masterchef, and only about reality TV shenanigans. Masterchef Canada also suffers from this but to a slightly less extent.

This season sucks. Shaun has been the obvious winner since the very beginning, and he's so far beyond the other contestants and such a smug dick about it that it's annoying and boring.

Edit: The other 2 in the top 3 are ok, but I don't think Temper McQuitty will be able to beat Shaun. Shaun's "He doesn't deserve to be here, He hasn't earned my respect." made me roll my eyes. As if everyone's goal in life is to earn Shaun's much sought after respect. Meanwhile Mr Smug is the worst team player there (well Temper McQuitty has issues too lol).

Hero

Shaun is completely arrogant and Dave is way too emotional, I can't believe he didn't get kicked off that episode other than they wanted the stupid rivalry for the finale. Seems like they were overly critical for Dan just following Tannoria's plan. Gotta root for Brandi.

This season was terrible though, didn't care for most of the cast.

Final episodes should be tomorrow, apparently its going to be a 3 way although I dunno if that means 3 cut down to 2 or 3 way final. Binged through the last few episodes while grinding Forza levels, don't really remember anything other than David mugging for all time MC villain and DJ Vegas scared at what he has unleashed.

I would be 100% legit shocked if Brandi is not the winner, she's been getting all the good edits for the final 5-6 episodes. I assume she's in the finals, I can't even remember who made it.

Hero

Final episodes should be tomorrow, apparently its going to be a 3 way although I dunno if that means 3 cut down to 2 or 3 way final. Binged through the last few episodes while grinding Forza levels, don't really remember anything other than David mugging for all time MC villain and DJ Vegas scared at what he has unleashed.

I would be 100% legit shocked if Brandi is not the winner, she's been getting all the good edits for the final 5-6 episodes. I assume she's in the finals, I can't even remember who made it.

I hope Brandi wins because I cannot stand either of the other Vegas assholes.

KorrZ

I too would be absolutely shocked if Brandi didn't win. Chef Ramsay in particular has had nothing but praise for her especially the last several episodes.

A surprise win for DJ Jazzy Jeff.

They really struggled to get 2 hours out of that, sooooo much of this kind of thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFtl2XXnUc

Not really surprised the most boring episode of the season is the finale, I just fast forwarded to the end after a while, absolutely nothing interesting food, cooking, or judge wise going on here.

I think I'm done with Masterchef, stopped watching Hell's Kitchen a few seasons ago and now its time to add MC to the list. Top Chef and Chopped are enough for me. Bring the F company to the USA, Gordon.

vypek

Yeah the finale was pretty boring. I've always watched Hells Kitchen and continue because it entertains me. Not to be taken seriously as a competition but I still like to see them cook and the challenges and services are still nice to see.

I really hated David, no idea why they made this a 3 way competition. David should have been left to walk off and quit. What a little bitch he was. I wish Brandi had won she deserved it. My GF and I could not believe how long Nathan stuck around, and that Terry got eliminated when he did. I think they picked Shaun and Brandi for the final weeks ago and it was just a what ever till then. No idea why David was talked back into staying.

vypek

I really hated David, no idea why they made this a 3 way competition. David should have been left to walk off and quit. What a little bitch he was. I wish Brandi had won she deserved it. My GF and I could not believe how long Nathan stuck around, and that Terry got eliminated when he did. I think they picked Shaun and Brandi for the final weeks ago and it was just a what ever till then. No idea why David was talked back into staying.

Seriously. Quitters should go home. I wish Terry was the 3rd person there

Apt101

I thought it was a pretty good season. I wish the American versions of these shows would stop being so sensational and confrontational, but whatever. I knew what I was signing up for.

David was really immature. They should have let him walk, but hey, ratings.

Dartastic

Can we survive a single episode without any personality?
If the show was actually about their ability to cook, then yes we could. However, this show is absolute dog shit now so no, we can't. I certainly won't be watching any future season.

Bring on more Masterchef Australia. Has that started again yet? Are there any easy ways to watch that in the USA?

Moonkeis

Had to share this pic, Christina was at my work promoting the new Milk bar opening up. She was really chill and easy to talk to.

UD33gmM.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think anyone cares about the show enough to make a new thread, but I guess a new season started? I was wondering why it's so "early" since I thought of it as a summer series, but it's already May... Jesus.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I don't think anyone cares about the show enough to make a new thread, but I guess a new season started? I was wondering why it's so "early" since I thought of it as a summer series, but it's already May... Jesus.
That's weird that it is overlapping with Masterchef Junior.

Dereck

I don't think it starts until May 31, I'll probably make a thread then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom