• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Twelve |OT| You steppin' on me real hard, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Two away from black jackets.
We know Gabriel isn't sniffing them but who else is going to fail to make the grade?

8. Gabriel
7. Kaisha
6. Scott
5. Rochelle
4. Melanie
3. Anton
2. Joy
1. Jason

I think those will be the top 6, but I have no clue who is going to win. No one really stands out to me as a clear favorite. I think Joy has a great chance, but If I remember right she's a cafeteria cafe or something, not a sous chef or executive. I'd like Jason or Rochelle to win just because they seem the most normal. Jason has some anger, but so does Ramsey so what the heck do I know.

Pkaz01

I think jason will go far or else they wouldnt bring him back. I think its between melanie or rochelle as far as who will face him in the finals

Tamanon

Banned
Oh, it's the Blind Taste test finally! Love these episodes.

Those dishes must've tasted bizarre.

Man this season suuuuuucks at the taste test.

UberTag

I was in absolute shock at how much of a chauvinist pig he was openly behaving like in the confessionals after confronting Chef Andi.
What a disrespectful ass. Anton's got zero self-awareness. Good riddance.

Watching last nights episode now, I can't even deal with Anton. What a fucking asshole. I knew he was sexist from the beginning, he'd make little comments here and there, but calling Chef Andi a little girl? Oh My GAWD

Tamanon

Banned
Huh, did a little research. Apparently the only winner still working for Ramsay is Christina from Season 10, but she's switched over to BurgR instead of Steak. Good for her though, I really liked her.

Does anyone have any details on how to get chosen to actually eat at Hell's Kitchen for the dinner services? Or are they all just extras :p

Anyway, I guess I'll throw in my prediction for the black team for my first post in the HK OT :)

Black Team prediction:
Joy
Scott
Melanie
Rochelle
Jason
Keisha

The final two will be Scott vs. Joy, with my bets hedging on Scott. He is head and shoulders more equipped to lead, has a cool head under pressure with extremely competent skills to boot. His worst faults are his lack of risk taking, and occasional aloofness (that one piece of raw chicken he cut and sent up was pretty bad… at least he didn't cook it..)

But yeah, I'm actually shocked the opinion here doesn't favor Scott, he seemed like the clear winner to me from at least service two.

Does anyone have any details on how to get chosen to actually eat at Hell's Kitchen for the dinner services? Or are they all just extras :p

Anyway, I guess I'll throw in my prediction for the black team for my first post in the HK OT :)

Black Team prediction:
Joy
Scott
Melanie
Rochelle
Jason
Keisha

The final two will be Scott vs. Joy, with my bets hedging on Scott. He is head and shoulders more equipped to lead, has a cool head under pressure with extremely competent skills to boot. His worst faults are his lack of risk taking, and occasional aloofness (that one piece of raw chicken he cut and sent up was pretty bad… at least he didn't cook it..)

But yeah, I'm actually shocked the opinion here doesn't favor Scott, he seemed like the clear winner to me from at least service two.
I'd like to see josh win, but yea she isn't level headed.

Tamanon

Banned
Scott's picked up, he was a big whiner earlier in the season.

Was Joy just messing with folks or does nobody care if pork is undercooked?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Black Team prediction:
Joy
Scott
Melanie
Rochelle
Jason
Keisha

Scott's been voted up a few times. If any of the guys is going to make it, it's him, but I won't be surprised to see a Rochelle v. Joy finale.

Want Scott to win though. He was my blind pick for this season.

Black Team prediction:
Joy
Scott
Melanie
Rochelle
Jason
Keisha

I believe you apply through the website.

UberTag

I can't recall an individual challenge with so much self-sabotage as the one this week. Good lord. And that preview for next Thursday was just ridiculous - even by HK standards of absurdity.

Fusebox

Banned
I was blown away at how bad the individual dishes were this year. Any average Masterchef contestant would have done so much better.

Mesousa

Banned
I think joy and Kesha have like the best relationship I have ever seen two black females on a reality show. It really makes me smile.

Tamanon

Banned
Yo, he actually got fully fired.

"Hey, we need your jacket"

LOL at Minnie Driver just wanting Gordon to yell at her. Nice fetish.

Grinchy

Banned
As soon as Gabriel was sent out the front door, it was obvious that no one else was leaving. It was very satisfying to see him kicked out in such an embarrassing way, though. He was such a big glob of fail.

UberTag

Now that we're down to Black Jackets, it's time to solidify picks for the finalists and eventual winner.

I'm writing off both Jason and Mel right away. Jason's edit has been in a virtual holding pattern. Mel's just too darn young and trending downwards. Neither of them have a capable palate... not many people who flunk the blind taste test with 0 right answers contend at the end.

Kashia is also too young and is just amazing television whenever she gets flustrated. I think there's an outside chance of her making the finals but I'm actually thinking her edit hints at her playing a pivotal role in deciding Joy's fate in the final competition... either as part of her crew and fucking up or poached by her competitor and excelling despite her internal conflict due to her friendship with Joy.

Either way I think Joy's a finalist and loses thanks in some part to Kashia.

Now as for who actually wins... despite the fact that I'm rooting for Rochelle and have been for a LONG time now, I can't deny PeakPointMatrix's call out of Scott's incredibly strong upward edit trend. Even this week while screwing up on the fish station his edit was trending in a positive direction. Like what the hell was the point of seeing that earnest seeking out of advice and subsequent pep talk from Andi? Did that factor in any way, shape or form towards building suspense for that ep? Not in the least. More like it screamed winner's edit reputation crafting.

So my prediction mirrors his from 10 days ago... Scott beats Joy in the finals. Rochelle finishes 3rd. And I hope to hell that we're both wrong and Rochelle and Scott flip spots.
And hopefully Kashia can hang on to finish in 4th.

RangersFan

Now that we're down to Black Jackets, it's time to solidify picks for the finalists and eventual winner.

I'm writing off both Jason and Mel right away. Jason's edit has been in a virtual holding pattern. Mel's just too darn young and trending downwards. Neither of them have a capable palate... not many people who flunk the blind taste test with 0 right answers contend at the end.

Kashia is also too young and is just amazing television whenever she gets flustrated. I think there's an outside chance of her making the finals but I'm actually thinking her edit hints at her playing a pivotal role in deciding Joy's fate in the final competition... either as part of her crew and fucking up or poached by her competitor and excelling despite her internal conflict due to her friendship with Joy.

Either way I think Joy's a finalist and loses thanks in some part to Kashia.

Now as for who actually wins... despite the fact that I'm rooting for Rochelle and have been for a LONG time now, I can't deny PeakPointMatrix's call out of Scott's incredibly strong upward edit trend. Even this week while screwing up on the fish station his edit was trending in a positive direction. Like what the hell was the point of seeing that earnest seeking out of advice and subsequent pep talk from Andi? Did that factor in any way, shape or form towards building suspense for that ep? Not in the least. More like it screamed winner's edit reputation crafting.

So my prediction mirrors his from 10 days ago... Scott beats Joy in the finals. Rochelle finishes 3rd. And I hope to hell that we're both wrong and Rochelle and Scott flip spots.
And hopefully Kashia can hang on to finish in 4th.

Agreed. I started to feel a Scott winner's edit about 5-6 episodes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom