• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Twelve |OT| You steppin' on me real hard, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Stupid hurricane means weather coverage instead of Hell's Kitchen for me tonight.:( Will have to catch it On Demand instead.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm pretty glad to see Kaisha gone. She was such a big baby. Any time something didn't go her way, she threw a little tantrum and then started crying. And, like a baby, I could hardly understand anything she said.

The most likable person left has to be Joy. Scott just seems douchey, Jason tries too hard, and I don't care much for the little blonde girl. She has a chance of winning, though.

Kaisha is another one that should have gone home weeks ago. I get it that she's improved a lot of the time. Like Grinchy said though, any time something didn't go her way she flipped out. How many times can she claim people didn't tell her something, or she said something when the footage shows other wise. Much better cooks went home long before her.

I think Joy is one of the better cooks left, but I don't think she's going to win.

Scott's definitely winning with the winner edits. Also he's been up for like, a record number of eliminations, lol.

Joy and Melanie are really good, though. Rochelle is a natural and Jason seems to be a rock-solid line cook. But I think Scott's winning, Ramsay shows way too much care in his development.

Tonight's gonna be great. XD

Zoe

So when you slice off a chunk like that... it's permanently gone, right?

Stan Lee totally has all the old man mannerisms now :(

Tamanon

Banned
Shit, she was one of the favorites to win, but definitely not giving up like that.

Good on Chef Andi for throwing in "Well you did give attitude" in there. Didn't just cover it up.

Tamanon

Banned
Joy seriously better not get another chance. I really like her, but you can't quit this late in the game. He can't send somebody else home, especially when service improves after you're gone.

I did NOT see that happening, figured it was going to be Melanie or Jason who flipped out this episode. Hoping for the final two to be Scott and Rochelle I guess.

Zoe

Their families are in the limos. Happens every season at this stage.

I like how there's more Chef Andi and the other guy this year.

Grinchy

Banned
Rochelle took that thumb slice like a champ. And I can't believe Joy just broke down and gave up like that. What a shame.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shocked Joy just bailed. I've had her pinned as the favourite for the majority of the season, and she seemed to be the one who was handling the pressure the best.

SuperPac

I don't even get why Joy flipped out. Whatever it was she was trying to explain to him was something unrelated to the feedback he was giving her on the order things are brought to the pass. I've never seen a contestant put on their street clothes, grab their bag and go sit in another area of the set (was that actually their dorms or was it the producers area? It looked different). To say NOTHING to Gordon or anyone else is just silly.

Zoe

I don't even get why Joy flipped out. Whatever it was she was trying to explain to him was something unrelated to the feedback he was giving her on the order things are brought to the pass. I've never seen a contestant put on their street clothes, grab their bag and go sit in another area of the set (was that actually their dorms or was it the producers area? It looked different). To say NOTHING to Gordon or anyone else is just silly.

Seems like a smoking lounge. They were there at the beginning of the episode.

Romez

I can't believe that actually happened?!

She was one of if not the strongest cook the whole competition and to throw it all away over one silly thing? Wow.

Seriously makes me think that was scripted/fake for drama it's so surprising.

At the beginning of the episode it had Joy talking about how she's the girl who get's so close and fucks up at the end.

UberTag

I thought it was Statler and Waldorf at the VIP table!
I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the episode. Stan Lee and his buddy were a hoot with their play-by-play commentary.

Joy and Mel were being completely ridiculous shrieking and squirming about Rochelle's thumb tip on the cutting board.
And then for Joy to just completely blow a gasket in her first service without Kashia by her side? That was so flustrating!

Still rooting for Rochelle. Still expecting Scott to win. His winner edit is almost so blatant now that I'd really like to see them swerve us so there's some actual suspense in the finale.

zugzug

I respect Joy for quitting like that just realizing that show is fucking utter trash now. I hated how the production staff talked into trying to come back on the show and getting her to admit she made a mistake.

If you look at it when she walked out said she was done, she said it the right way and realized it was just a terrible situation to continue in. But then after she got off the cooking line and people got to talk to her her voice changed and she was easily manipulated by the production staff into thinking it was her making the big mistake.

Sorry this show lost its appeal for me, Melanie is clearly faking her bad cooking and her responses when yelled at are terribly obvious she is faking it.

Fucking Gordon your act is tired. Go Home learn to be polite again without your drama creating attitude and get some good production staff that want to talk about food again instead of faking bad dishes and drama.

Zoe

Boo, Rochelle should have gotten third. She's such a cutie.

Is there any way Scott won't win this?

UberTag

Boo, Rochelle should have gotten third. She's such a cutie.

Is there any way Scott won't win this?
Given his pristine edit, it's hard to fathom.
He's completely outclassed Jason over the past two months.

And yeah, I'm upset Rochelle didn't get 3rd. She chopped off her thumb for crying out loud.

Zoe

And yeah, I'm upset Rochelle didn't get 3rd. She chopped off her thumb for crying out loud.

I think part of the problem was all the times when she was more mature and coolheaded than Melanie, Ramsey wasn't around.

Scott vs. Jason? I'm thinking Scott has got this.

It's a shame Joy threw it all away and quit. I could easily see her winning the competition and she likely would have if she stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom