• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Thirteen |OT| Not dumb, not stupid, just flustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm shocked that the women won the first challenge and dinner service. I'm shocked that the men's team is terrible. This is never the way the season starts!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wish he had let the men finish that second service. Would make me feel better about the season knowing they were both competent teams of chefs.

How many episodes was it last season before a service was finished?

I want to care. I've watched every season, but I couldn't make it through the first episode. I'm picking Steve right now as a dark horse, like I picked Jason last season, but we all know how that worked out.

Ourobolus

Banned
I want to care. I've watched every season, but I couldn't make it through the first episode. I'm picking Steve right now as a dark horse, like I picked Jason last season, but we all know how that worked out.

I think the last season was the first one (or maybe the previous one) where I really didn't give a shit who won. Everybody sucked, and nobody had any redeeming qualities about them.

Grinchy

Banned
I think the last season was the first one (or maybe the previous one) where I really didn't give a shit who won. Everybody sucked, and nobody had any redeeming qualities about them.

The last season ended so recently and I can't even remember who won.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who got kicked off at the end of Ep 2? My DVR didn't record the ending because of the President's speech.

Denine is going to be this season's Melanie isn't she? Well I should specify in the sense of they're going to get footage of her putting on a shirt with just a bra on, and show it every time the girls have to get ready fast.

I swear once they got that clip of Melanie they showed it every other episode.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
No one really stands out this season so far besides Sterling and feeling 100.

Steve looks like he'll be the Richard/Jason from last season; experienced but lacks any creativity. Then again they aren't judged on their creativity on Hell's Kitchen.

You'd think being on for 13 seasons that these constants would know how to make risotto and Beef Wellington in their sleep.

This is my first time watching a season of Hell's Kitchen, but I'm a fan of Ramsay's other shows.

Already they sent my favorite home (Jenai). :( I like Sterling, but he has no chance in hell of winning and shouldn't. :) I just find him entertaining. Overall though, I'm really not feeling any of these people (other than Sterling).

I've never seen Gordon this angry. I think it's too much.

All of the challenges (beach) and punishments (carrying mattresses) seem so stupid. WTF does any of that shit have to do with cooking? (But maybe I was expecting this to be more like MasterChef, but with professional chefs? I dunno...)

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed by this show. :( I feel dumber after watching it.

Lev

Sterling looks to be the cast member baiting all of the fake drama. That's alright with me since I was laughing pretty hard at his antics in the second episode. He downed that nasty lunch like a pro.

TheYanger

This is my first time watching a season of Hell's Kitchen, but I'm a fan of Ramsay's other shows.

Already they sent my favorite home (Jenai). :( I like Sterling, but he has no chance in hell of winning and shouldn't. :) I just find him entertaining. Overall though, I'm really not feeling any of these people (other than Sterling).

I've never seen Gordon this angry. I think it's too much.

All of the challenges (beach) and punishments (carrying mattresses) seem so stupid. WTF does any of that shit have to do with cooking? (But maybe I was expecting this to be more like MasterChef, but with professional chefs? I dunno...)

I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed by this show. :( I feel dumber after watching it.

The rewards never have anything to do with cooking, it's about getting to relax. These guys and gals operate on almost no sleep and constant levels of punishment in regards to challenges and dinner services and stuff. Typically there'll be days where the losers prep both the kitchens or like "Hey it's cow night, winners come out on a yacht, losers chop up all the steaks for both teams" type stuff. That's about as close to the dinner service as the punishments get. I mean, aside from individual challenges, what you've seen is BASICALLY how every episode goes.

Ashhong

Just watched episode 1 and am upset at how blatant the fixing was for the challenge. There's no way, no way, that they would have the girls drag all of those mattresses and shit upstairs and set up the rooms. Dumb

Just watched episode 1 and am upset at how blatant the fixing was for the challenge. There's no way, no way, that they would have the girls drag all of those mattresses and shit upstairs and set up the rooms. Dumb

It's always blatant. You think it's always just sheer happenstance and luck that the scores are always somehow tied right before the final round of dishes? Every single season?

Ashhong

It's always blatant. You think it's always just sheer happenstance and luck that the scores are always somehow tied right before the final round of dishes? Every single season?

Well yeah it's always blatant that he sets it up to be a close challenge, but I don't often suspect him of picking a team to win beforehand. I don't know if it's true but I feel like he planned for the girls to win from the start based on the punishment. Does he do that often?

Well yeah it's always blatant that he sets it up to be a close challenge, but I don't often suspect him of picking a team to win beforehand. I don't know if it's true but I feel like he planned for the girls to win from the start based on the punishment. Does he do that often?

I fell like the past 6 or so seasons has been nothing but the women winning 85% of the challenges, and the men just constantly loosing. It's kind of taken some of the fun out of the show. When challenges would go back and forth it just felt more interesting. Now it's like ohh a challenge, here's another victory for the women. It's some times been ridiculous too. Where during diner service the women can't get a damn dish out the door, but every challenge they win.

Side note, David Levey the dude from Season 6, who broke his wrist in the beginning of the season and still managed to out cook every single other person and win that season, just got arrested for drugs.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/...rested_during_mendham_drug_bust_cops_say.html

I didn't realize the dude was living 1 town over from me.

Grinchy

Banned
After watching the first couple episodes of the new season, I think I've finally kicked the Hell's Kitchen habit. I've found the show awful for a long time, but it was fun awful. It was a guilty pleasure. I think what killed it for me was having these 2 seasons back to back. I've had my fill of this terrible, rigged show.

After watching the first couple episodes of the new season, I think I've finally kicked the Hell's Kitchen habit. I've found the show awful for a long time, but it was fun awful. It was a guilty pleasure. I think what killed it for me was having these 2 seasons back to back. I've had my fill of this terrible, rigged show.

same, I mean having another season this soon was unexpected for me and seeing the contestants for this season makes me think there are more actors than contestants.

Grinchy

Banned
If Denine burns my weave today, we're gonna have 99 problems and they're all gonna be me... mmmm hmmmm

hkpdk0r.gif

Chris R

Surprise trip to Vegas this month for me... Ramsay's Pub or Steakhouse while I'm there? The Pub is a little bit cheaper, but I wouldn't mind the difference as it's a once in a year or two expense.

Wozzly

Surprise trip to Vegas this month for me... Ramsay's Pub or Steakhouse while I'm there? The Pub is a little bit cheaper, but I wouldn't mind the difference as it's a once in a year or two expense.

Go to the Bacchanal Buffet at Ceasers Palace instead. It's expensive but I thought it was worth it. Lot and lots of sea food and meats. The lines can be long however like hours long at some points.

Chris R

Go to the Bacchanal Buffet at Ceasers Palace instead. It's expensive but I thought it was worth it. Lot and lots of sea food and meats. The lines can be long however like hours long at some points.

But I want that "Ramsay" experience.

Maybe I'll just stop in at the Pub place and grab an order of the Sticky Toffee Pudding. The HK tasting menu looks tempting, but dropping $150+ on a dinner is a bit outside my price window. Who knows though, if I hit a huge slot jackpot or something I'll just splurge and enjoy the Wellington and Risotto.

Wozzly

Maybe I'll just stop in at the Pub place and grab an order of the Sticky Toffee Pudding. The HK tasting menu looks tempting, but dropping $150+ on a dinner is a bit outside my price window. Who knows though, if I hit a huge slot jackpot or something I'll just splurge and enjoy the Wellington and Risotto.

Oh my bad. I didn't know they're was such a thing as a HK tasting menu. I'd just want the Wellington since it's only in every single episode lol

Grinchy

Banned
Damn I left poker tables with $1k+ in cash before and never went and splurged on food or anything. I really want to try that HK tasting menu.

Lev

I really hope that Sterling is just being moved to the red team, because the show will be far less fun with him gone so soon. :/

Goo

Sterling is my favorite on the blue team and I would be shocked if he gets eliminated; he did well this service.

I'm happy to see the blue team hasn't lost every challenge like some past seasons. It was getting brutal for the men some years.

Sterling is my favorite on the blue team and I would be shocked if he gets eliminated; he did well this service.

I'm happy to see the blue team hasn't lost every challenge like some past seasons. It was getting brutal for the men some years.

It's actually one of the biggest things that turned me off from the show.

It kept pissing me off how it was the Red Team that won every single goddamn time. There was just no fun in it anymore.

Look at this shit from last season:

1) "20 Chefs Compete" - Women won (1/1)

2) "19 Chefs Compete" - Men won

3) "18 Chefs Compete" - Women won (2/3)

4) "17 Chefs Compete" - Women won (3/4)

5) "16 Chefs Compete" - Women won (4/5)

6) "14 Chefs Compete" - Men won

7) "13 Chefs Compete" - Women won (5/7)

8) "12 Chefs Compete" - Women won (6/8)

9) "10 Chefs Compete" - Men won

10) "10 Chefs Again" - Men won

11) "8 Chefs Compete" - Women won (7/11)

12) "7 Chefs Compete" - Women won (8/12)

That's 75% of the time the women won.

Or what about Season 11 (the season before last) where it was even worse:

1) "20 Chefs Compete Part 1" - Women won (1/1)

2) "19 Chefs Compete" - Women won (2/2)

3) "17 Chefs Compete" - Women won (3/3)

4) "16 Chefs Compete Part 1" - Women won (4/4)

5) "15 Chefs Compete" - Men won

6) "14 Chefs Compete" - Women won (5/6)

7) "13 Chefs Compete" - Women won (6/7)

8) "12 Chefs Compete" - Women won (7/8)

9) "10 Chefs Compete" - Women won (8/9)

10) "8 Chefs Compete" - Women won (9/10)

11) "7 Chefs Compete Part 1" - Women won (10/11)

12) "6 Chefs Compete" - Men won

That's 83% of the time the women won challenges.

I don't know...it just ruins the show when the same team wins again and again and again and again.

It's actually one of the biggest things that turned me off from the show.

It kept pissing me off how it was the Red Team that won every single goddamn time. There was just no fun in it anymore.

Look at this shit from last season:

1) "20 Chefs Compete" - Women won (1/1)

2) "19 Chefs Compete" - Men won

3) "18 Chefs Compete" - Women won (2/3)

4) "17 Chefs Compete" - Women won (3/4)

5) "16 Chefs Compete" - Women won (4/5)

6) "14 Chefs Compete" - Men won

7) "13 Chefs Compete" - Women won (5/7)

8) "12 Chefs Compete" - Women won (6/8)

9) "10 Chefs Compete" - Men won

10) "10 Chefs Again" - Men won

11) "8 Chefs Compete" - Women won (7/11)

12) "7 Chefs Compete" - Women won (8/12)

That's 75% of the time the women won.

Or what about Season 11 (the season before last) where it was even worse:

1) "20 Chefs Compete Part 1" - Women won (1/1)

2) "19 Chefs Compete" - Women won (2/2)

3) "17 Chefs Compete" - Women won (3/3)

4) "16 Chefs Compete Part 1" - Women won (4/4)

5) "15 Chefs Compete" - Men won

6) "14 Chefs Compete" - Women won (5/6)

7) "13 Chefs Compete" - Women won (6/7)

8) "12 Chefs Compete" - Women won (7/8)

9) "10 Chefs Compete" - Women won (8/9)

10) "8 Chefs Compete" - Women won (9/10)

11) "7 Chefs Compete Part 1" - Women won (10/11)

12) "6 Chefs Compete" - Men won

That's 83% of the time the women won challenges.

I don't know...it just ruins the show when the same team wins again and again and again and again.

So you prefer when everything is 50/50?

The one thing I can't stand about the show is that there are no blowouts. Everything is all even until the end. Even last episode. How coincidental was it that Roe got such a terrible rating when the Blue team was only leading by 7 points?

Grinchy

Banned
So you prefer when everything is 50/50?

The one thing I can't stand about the show is that there are no blowouts. Everything is all even until the end. Even last episode. How coincidental was it that Roe got such a terrible rating when the Blue team was only leading by 7 points?

Not to mention this happens every season. Some other contestant is pissy that his/her dish didn't go up and then it always turns out that that person's dish was better after all.

I've been to Gordon Ramsay Steak about 4 times. It's pretty amazing. I've also done the Hells Kitchen tasting menu. I still consider it one of the best meals of my whole life. I did it with Wine pairings. If you go with someone else, everyone at the table has to order it.

The other times I've gone, I would get just the Beef Wellington and a nice side like a soul. All of it has been great. It's my favorite restaurant in the US.

I've also gone to Gordon Ramsay Burgr in Planet Hollywood. Christina is now the exec Chef there. She won when Gordon Ramsay Steak was the prize as "Head" chef. She apparently did so well there that he offered her a promotion to executive chef at Burgr.

UberTag

I really hope that Sterling is just being moved to the red team, because the show will be far less fun with him gone so soon. :/
This is a vintage Hell's Kitchen fake out. Of course, he's being moved to the Red Team.
No question about it in my mind. They're not even trying to mask this one.

UberTag

NO! KATIE! MY HELL'S KITCHEN CRUSH! ;-;

How dare you, Ramsay.
She committed Hell's Kitchen suicide the previous week when she was given the opportunity to call out any of her fellow chefs for weakness and nominated herself. Gordon has no patience for 23-year-old kids with confidence issues. Had she simply stood up for herself she would have probably sailed to Final 3 like Melanie last season.

Chris R

I've been to Gordon Ramsay Steak about 4 times. It's pretty amazing. I've also done the Hells Kitchen tasting menu. I still consider it one of the best meals of my whole life. I did it with Wine pairings. If you go with someone else, everyone at the table has to order it.

The other times I've gone, I would get just the Beef Wellington and a nice side like a soul. All of it has been great. It's my favorite restaurant in the US.

I've also gone to Gordon Ramsay Burgr in Planet Hollywood. Christina is now the exec Chef there. She won when Gordon Ramsay Steak was the prize as "Head" chef. She apparently did so well there that he offered her a promotion to executive chef at Burgr.

I might try Burgr. Just had the Sticky Toffee Pudding at Steak tonight, soooooo good, and exactly in my price range while the other stuff was a bit much :(

So this came back tonight.

I think this is gonna be my last season. I cannot stand this Blue team, particularly Steve and that other guy who thinks his shit doesn't stink but is constantly fucking up.

RetroMG

I know I'm behind on this, but it was totally a wasted opportunity when Gordon didn't say that Sade's meal "looked like a dog's dinner."

Welp, Once Latasha was picked first out of the final 2 I should have known she'd win. Ramsay loves consistency, and she was easily the most consistent chef.

I was surprised as hell that Sade didn't make it to the final.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm done with this show, I watched every season but it's just too hard to watch it now for some reason. I gave up half way through last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom