• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

ultron87

For me at least there's a difference between "oh her confessionals have been setting up a "triumph over adversity" story line, I bet she goes far" and "oh, well if you run the numbers she has 25% more confessionals than the average player at this point, I bet she goes far". I can't quite put to words the exact reason the first one is fine for me but the second one isn't something I really wanna see, since in both cases the show is telling us "this is a player to watch", but yeah.

For me at least there's a difference between "oh her confessionals have been setting up a "triumph over adversity" story line, I bet she goes far" and "oh, well if you run the numbers she has 25% more confessionals than the average player at this point, I bet she goes far". I can't quite put to words the exact reason the first one is fine for me but the second one isn't something I really wanna see, since in both cases the show is telling us "this is a player to watch", but yeah.

I don't even care about the number of confessionals. I don't even know what half the edgic crap is, it's a stupid word so I haven't even looked into it. I just know when I'm watching the show and for some reason when Michelle gets a lot of confessionals that are completely pointless or starts getting shown to have reactions that don't have any baring on what is being shown it's pretty easy to pick up on that she needs to be shown for some reason.

When you have a whole episode about Nick going with Scot and Jason but you hear more of it from Michelle's side, then there is some reason for it. When the whole episode is about Julia having to make a decision on whether to flip or not but you hear more about it from Michelle's point of view there must be a reason for it.

Worrying about numbers and how many confessionals people get added up to is just sort of pointless just because the numbers for the people that matter and the people that don't are going to vary so much and the numbers between the different people are going to be so little that it all ends up being a wash no matter what. Aubry and Tai had more confessionals? Ok... I don't think that really matters.

Yeah, that and spoilers (even when they're more hinted than conclusive). Even if you're not personally spoiled, people who are can influence how the show is discussed. I like to see what the spoilers were after the season to see how they may have shaped the conversation.

Was this season even spoiled? I usually don't really care to look at them but usually you hear whether they're out there or not but I feel like I didn't hear about it at all with this season. Unless about a third medivac but that seemed pretty easy to guess with there only being two medivac's and them making such a big deal of it.

kirblar

When Ponderosa hit, someone noticed the intro this year was different, went back and looked at least year's intro, and discovered they had used actual footage of the S32 Ponderosa crew instead of generic stand-ins in S31's Ponderosa intro.

Complete fuck up on CBS's end.

When Ponderosa hit, someone noticed the intro this year was different, went back and looked at least year's intro, and discovered they had used actual footage of the S32 Ponderosa crew instead of generic stand-ins in S31's Ponderosa intro.

Complete fuck up on CBS's end.

Haha, wow.

flyover

Also, apparently Michelle hinted on social media that she'd had a very good birthday last year -- a birthday which fell on the day of one of the last couple challenges.

BowieZ

Banned
Also, apparently Michelle hinted on social media that she'd had a very good birthday last year -- a birthday which fell on the day of one of the last couple challenges.
Ugh. I already fear for S33 spoilers, since they got back from filming this past week or so.

That means Survivor Sucks is gonna be going to great lengths to uncover every possible fathomable clue from photos of weight loss and who's following who on Twitter and all that shit. I hope the contestants band together to completely fuck with and mislead the assholes who seek out spoilers, such as photoshopped weight loss, and Zeke double-bluffing by not following anyone on Twitter.

Ugh. I already fear for S33 spoilers, since they got back from filming this past week or so.

That means Survivor Sucks is gonna be going to great lengths to uncover every possible fathomable clue from photos of weight loss and who's following who on Twitter and all that shit. I hope the contestants band together to completely fuck with and mislead the assholes who seek out spoilers, such as photoshopped weight loss, and Zeke double-bluffing by not following anyone on Twitter.

I'd be worried just because it was so easy to tell who the cast was before the season was revealed. If it was that easy it just makes me think this season's cast isn't the most tight with information.

Grexeno

I'd be worried just because it was so easy to tell who the cast was before the season was revealed. If it was that easy it just makes me think this season's cast isn't the most tight with information.
It's mostly just that Redmond and others have a definite source inside production.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
9UKsXIM.png

paNV9K1.png

lol

Also, saint Abi Maria speaks

Abi-Maria Gomes ‏@theabimaria 22h22 hours ago Santa Monica, CA
People hating on @meeshfitz game. Sandra won 2 solely on social game. Evthg else is just fluff for good TV. Give the girl props #survivor

BowieZ

Banned
latest

So... any early predictions on the Survivor: Melanesia cast? (If there's one time we can definitely talk beyond the edit, it's now!)

Preview Video | 2:00
featuring Chris, Taylor, Mari, Sunday, Zeke and David

MillennialsTribe.png

From left to right: Jessica Figueroa, Adam Klein, Hannah Shapiro, Zeke Smith, Michelle Schubert, Justin Starrett, Mari Takahashi, William Wahl, Michaela Bradshaw and Taylor Stocker.

JessicaFigueroa3.png

Jessica Figueroa
AGE: 21 | LOCATION: NASHVILLE, TN | OCCUPATION: BARTENDER/RADIO WORK

AdamKlein2.png

Adam Klein
AGE: 24 | LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CA | OCCUPATION: HOMELESS SHELTER MANAGER

HannahShapiro2.png

Hannah Shapiro
AGE: 25 | LOCATION: BOSTON, MA | OCCUPATION: COMEDIAN/WRITER

ZekeSmith3.png

Zeke Smith
AGE: 28 | LOCATION: BROOKLYN, NEW YORK | OCCUPATION: COMEDIAN/WRITER

MichelleSchubert3.png

Michelle Schubert
AGE: 28 | LOCATION: YAKIMA, WASHINGTON | OCCUPATION: MISSIONARY RECRUITER

43E13E3A761343459848532402176_558f579d0e4.9.0.jpg

Justin Starrett
AGE: 26 | LOCATION: FORT LAUDERDALE, FL | OCCUPATION: REALTOR/MACTOR

MariTakahashi2.png

Mari Takahashi
AGE: 31 | LOCATION: LOS ANGLEES, CA | OCCUPATION: YOUTUBE HOST (OF "SMOSH" CHANNEL)

WillWahl2.png

William Wahl
AGE: 18 | LOCATION: LONG VALLEY, NJ | OCCUPATION: STUDENT/MISSIONARY

MichaelaBradshaw2.png

Michaela Bradshaw
AGE: 24 | LOCATION: FORT WORTH, TEXAS | OCCUPATION: SALES

Taylor2.png

Taylor Stocker
AGE: 24 | LOCATION: POST FALLS, IDAHO | OCCUPATION: SKI INSTRUCTOR

GenXTribe.png

From left to right: Kenneth McNickle, Lucy Huang, Chris Hammons, Jessica Blain-Lewis, Bret LaBelle, Sunday Burquest, Rachel Ako, Paul Wachter, Ciandre Taylor, David Wright

KennethMcnickle2.png

Kenneth McNickle
AGE: 33 | LOCATION: DENVER, CO | OCCUPATION: MASSAGE THERAPIST/MODEL

LucyHuang3.png

Lucy Huang
AGE: 42 | LOCATION: LOS ANGELES, CA | OCCUPATION: CEO IRON CHEF/BODYBUILDER

ChrisHammons2.png

Chris Hammons
AGE: 37 | LOCATION: OKLAHOMA CITY, OK | OCCUPATION: ATTORNEY

JessicaBlainLewis2.png

Jessica Blain-Lewis

BretLaBelle3.png

Bret LaBelle
AGE: 42 | LOCATION: BOSTON, MA | OCCUPATION: POLICE SERGEANT

SundayBurquest3.jpg

Sunday Burquest
AGE: 45 | LOCATION: MINNEAPOLIS, MN | OCCUPATION: PASTOR

RachelAko3.png

Rachel Ako
AGE: 37 | LOCATION: LOS ANGELES, CA | OCCUPATION: RECRUITING DIRECTOR

PaulWachter2.png

Paul Wachter
AGE: 51 | LOCATION: KEY WEST, FL | OCCUPATION: BOAT CAPTAIN

Ciandre2.png

Ciandre Taylor
AGE: 39 | LOCATION: LOS ANGLEES, CA | OCCUPATION: INSURANCE CLAIMS

DavidWright2.png

David Wright

llehuty

But instead, we're gonna have two tribes of people complaining about old v. young, and I guarantee there will be two people on opposite tribes who were born within 5 years of each other.

Honestly, though, every time they find a theme and get fixated on it, I hate it. Everytime they get hooked on "brain v brawn v beauty" or "old school v new school" it's just groanworthy. I don't need a theme, just give me some interesting people.

Ding ding ding! Dead at the accuracy.

Cromat

Just caught up and HOLY SHIT.

Michelle won 5-2??? Even Debbie voted Michelle? This makes zero sense given the edit.
Michelle played a solid game in the end but she cruised through doing nothing for most of it (or at least that's what we were shown). Top that with a Final Tribal Council that looks like Aubry is getting hugs and kisses while the other two are shat on, and this is the most shocking winner of all times. Sandra doesn't come close as she was trying to do things and was tight with the Heroes throughout the entire game.

Wow. Didn't have time to read all the reactions here, can anyone explain it yet??

Grexeno

Michelle won 5-2??? Even Debbie voted Michelle? This makes zero sense given the edit.
Michelle played a solid game in the end but she cruised through doing nothing for most of it (or at least that's what we were shown). Top that with a Final Tribal Council that looks like Aubry is getting hugs and kisses while the other two are shat on, and this is the most shocking winner of all times. Sandra doesn't come close as she was trying to do things and was tight with the Heroes throughout the entire game.

Wow. Didn't have time to read all the reactions here, can anyone explain it yet??
We all don't really get it either.

kirblar

Watch Cyd's Ponderosa.

I hope you're all happy. Russell Hantz is feeding off this Michelle negativity and is doubling down on his "there's something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with Survivor" routine:

Russell Hantz ‏@russellhantz
Like I keep saying there is a "flaw" in this game..The best player does NOT always win @JeffProbst #SurvivorKaohRong #SurvivorFinale

Maybe I need to go back and fix the flaw! #Survivor #SurvivorFinale

Some seasons.. it's just a popularity contest!why don't we vote at the beginning who we thinks going to be the most popular and that's that!

We need a percentage of the vote to go to the viewers!

Yeah, Russell, having the viewers vote wouldn't be like a popularity contest at all! Dumbass.

kirblar

Jason/Scot were not going to vote for anyone involved in the Tai flip and they were going to push and try and make sure no one else did either.

Aubry lost Debbie's vote because of the backstab and she knew that - she was drawing dead because of those 3 and the Neal removal.

With +Neal, she wins if she gets Cydney, since it forces a Tai tiebreaker. That twist ain't coming back.

Geez, the majority of that new cast seem annoying just on pictures alone.

I'm definitely going to be rooting for Paul, the boat captain from Key West. The description alone promises hilarity.

Kwhit10

I'm glad Michelle won. I like seeing someone finish the end by winning the immunities to directly save themselves and get in to the final vote. I liked it when Fabio did it (he did have a better immunity run). Michelle made some great choices at the end in being on Cydneys side and getting Neal off the jury. She had a strong end game and that's where it counts.

NYR

Lol @ 33 year old Gen Xer. Yeah, how bout no. Him and Mari (31) pretty much went through the same life events near the same time, graduated high school near each other, were likely in University for 2 years the same years. So dumb.

vypek

So... any early predictions on the Survivor: Melanesia cast? (If there's one time we can definitely talk beyond the edit, it's now!)

I'd guess the winner is Gen X and male. Top 3 guesses are:

Kenneth McNickle, Chris Hammons, Bret LaBelle

Survivor: Melanesia > Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

lmao

I'm rooting for Mari. I can't believe this season has a pastor and a few missionaries. Hope this doesn't become a repeat of what happened with religion in SOPA.

kirblar

You know how I know Michelle played a better game than Aubry?

It's very obvious:

............She won..........
Axiomatic bullshit. Plenty of times the best player doesn't win. (And I'm not talking about players with fatal flaws w/ how they treat people like Russ)

If someone wins a game of Survivor because a majority of the jurors are racist, does that mean they played "better?"

Game is subjective. People will have subjective opinions.

kirblar

Then why weren't we shown that, at all?
Editors/Production clearly had an opinion on what happened at FTC and were not shy about sharing it.

Aubry was drawing dead at FTC. She lost Debbie's vote because of the vote spearhead, which was understandable, but then Julia/Scot/Jason were just simply not going to let anyone involved in the Tai flip win. They were determined to punish anyone involved in their loss, even if that person (Aubry) was literally going home that night if she didn't pull off a godlike move.

Cromat

Editors/Production clearly had an opinion on what happened at FTC and were not shy about sharing it.

Aubry was drawing dead at FTC. She lost Debbie's vote because of the vote spearhead, which was understandable, but then Julia/Scot/Jason were just simply not going to let anyone involved in the Tai flip win. They were determined to punish anyone involved in their loss, even if that person (Aubry) was literally going home that night if she didn't pull off a godlike move.

All the more reason to hate those two. They bring out the worst in each other.

kirblar

You'll never see the boot a juror twist again because of that, btw. That fucked Aubry harder than it seems- if she has Neal still there, all she has to do is get Cydney's vote and she wins.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You'll never see the boot a juror twist again because of that, btw. That fucked Aubry harder than it seems- if she has Neal still there, all she has to do is get Cydney's vote and she wins.

Well, if that were an immunity challenge she'd be gone regardless with no chance at winning. You could also argue if it were an immunity challenge she might have tried harder, and won at the end instead of toppling her tower over.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
Neal still being on the jury + Cydney voted Aubry would result in a 4-4 tie, not Aubry winning. Aubry would have gotten Joe, Nick, Neal, and Cyd. Michele would have gotten Debbie, Julia, Scot, and Jason.

Who knows what would have happened then. Tai gets to cast the last vote? In that case, Aubry does win.

But Cydney was never going to vote Aubry if Aubry was sitting next to Michele. Cydney's said post show that she and Michele were tight ever since the swap, and Cyd wanted to reward Michele for being so loyal to her throughout the entire game.

The Cyd/Michele relationship is probably one of the biggest faults of the editors this season tbh. I think the only time it was ever brought up was the Debbie vote, and it was in passing when Cyd said "I got Michele." I remember being confused when she said that because before that I don't think we ever saw Cydney talk to Michele before that episode.

The editors should have shown Michele's strategy in action, not just through her confessionals. That's the biggest fault of the season. They told us how Michele won, but they never showed us.

My defense of Michele in this thread has been due to people saying that Michele was ignored in the edit (she wasn't) and that Aubry was getting the winner's edit (she never did. Her entire edit was Lisa Whelchel 2.0, just referencing geek culture instead of biblical scripture. Michele got the winner edit and people who study the edits for fun caught on to it around the swap), and people saying Michele didn't play the game or didn't deserve her win (she did, her game was purely social and her confessionals show that she understood how the game worked).

The issue was, Michele's winner edit focused on Michele telling us how she was going to win, instead of showing us how she was going to win.

kirblar

Who knows what would have happened then. Tai gets to cast the last vote? In that case, Aubry does win.
Yes. If it's an odd-numbered jury, they revote on the top 2. If even, the 3rd placer gets sent there as well.
The editors should have shown Michele's strategy in action, not just through her confessionals. That's the biggest fault of the season. They told us how Michele won, but they never showed us.
This is how they mostly edit FTC losers. (see: Spencer last season). They inverted it this season on purpose.

wachie

Neal still being on the jury + Cydney voted Aubry would result in a 4-4 tie, not Aubry winning. Aubry would have gotten Joe, Nick, Neal, and Cyd. Michele would have gotten Debbie, Julia, Scot, and Jason.

But Cydney was never going to vote Aubry if Aubry was sitting next to Michele. Cydney's said post show that she and Michele were tight ever since the swap, and Cyd wanted to reward Michele for being so loyal to her throughout the entire game.

The Cyd/Michele relationship is probably one of the biggest faults of the editors this season tbh. I think the only time it was ever brought up was the Debbie vote, and it was in passing when Cyd said "I got Michele." I remember being confused when she said that because before that I don't think we ever saw Cydney talk to Michele before that episode.

My defense of Michele in this thread has been due to people saying that Michele was ignored in the edit (she wasn't) and that Aubry was getting the winner's edit (she never did. Her entire edit was Lisa Whelchel 2.0, just referencing geek culture instead of biblical scripture. Michele got the winner edit and people who study the edits for fun caught on to it around the swap), and people saying Michele didn't play the game or didn't deserve her win (she did, her game was purely social and her confessionals show that she understood how the game worked).

The issue was, Michele's winner edit focused on Michele telling us how she was going to win, instead of showing us how she was going to win.
Good post.

Aubryhards are still going to do "The Best Player Didn't Win #Sobsob"

Jessica from the new cast will be eye candy for sure. I have a feeling one of the middle-aged guys will win.

As for this last season: Now that it's over, I miss Survivor. I still can't believe that Michelle won.

llehuty

Jessica from the new cast will be eye candy for sure. I have a feeling one of the middle-aged guys will win.
There are two Jessicas, but I know which one you are probably talking about. Michelle also looks quite nice.

I'm betting on someone from the older tribe winning, since I think the young people is going to turn on each other soon.

There are two Jessicas, but I know which one you are probably talking about. Michelle also looks quite nice.

I'm betting on someone from the older tribe winning, since I think the young people is going to turn on each other soon.

I skimmed through the list and didn't notice that. I'm talking about the first one, but they're both pretty cute, as is Michelle on the younger tribe.

When is it going to air?

llehuty

I skimmed through the list and didn't notice that. I'm talking about the first one, but they're both pretty cute, as is Michelle on the younger tribe.

When is it going to air?
I think the fall seasons begin in September. They ususally give an exact date later on.

Top Bottom